Heavy hearted and alone

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Heavy hearted and alone

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:54 am

He steped back. "Um (caughs) thank you....." He started to wonder into the meadow then looked back at her "Don't go thinking I'm a good stallion now."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:07 am

Smiling to herself, Destiny caught up with him. She disagreed with Echo he was a fine stallion. offering her company and safety. She knew something troubled his soul though, She wished she could help him like he was helping her. So......Where are we off to on this fine day?
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:56 am

Echo shook his head. "Tomarrow, we'll set out tomarrow at first light. I have not decided what way we'll go, I'll sleep on that." With that he found a spot where he wanted to spend the night. "Good Night." he told her closeing his eyes.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:56 pm

Okay, Destiny Yawned. She got as close as she thought Echo would allow her and lay down, Folding her delicate legs under her. she flicked her tail causing it to wrap around her legs like a blanket. her mane cascaded down her neck and shoulders and fanned out across the grass. she closed her eyes and for once she felt like she may get some good sleep.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:56 pm

"Wake up, we need to be going." Echo said into her ear, the sun light was just creeping over the very highest peeks and a few of the last stars weer fadeing from the sky.
Echo shook himself. The cool of the morning always made him feel refreshed and alive. He moved a few steps away and looked back at Destiny. "Well?" he asked.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:30 pm

She opened her eyes hearing Echos voice she rose. shaking off the morning dew. Ready when you are she said in a slightly sleepy voice.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:52 pm

He simply nodded and kept walking, she could eat breakfast on the way.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:01 pm

Grabbing long chunks of grass as she was walking she suddenly felt curious. So....Where are we headed? she touched her nose lightly to his flank. to let him know she had caught up to him.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:03 pm

HIs twiteched his flank, as if shooeing off a fly and steped out of her reach. "I don't know yet, but a valley some where where there are other horses to start off with." his steps were long and ground covering, his ears forward he moved out of the small meadow and up the mountain side.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:23 pm

She backed off as his tail hit her in the face, owwwww, she said holding one eye shut, that hurt.
She couldnt help but be kind and sweet, but she wouldnt touch him for some time to come. she was liable to get herself kicked. Well lead the way then, She picked her feet up high and pranced behind him letting her tail sway like a long big flag behind her. She wasnt sure what was wrong with Echo but maybe a few days travel with her could lighten his spirits.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:39 pm

Echo was a quet travler, he didn't talk much, just keenly picked his way around rocks, and roots. Finding paths there were safe and easy to travle. He would only look back if he didn't hear her hooves behind him.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:56 pm

Destinys spirits were high, she Leapt into the air and then trotted a circle around Echo, her long tail wrapping around his chest like a long ribbon, touching him ever so lightly before being gone again. She trotted slightly ahead of him falling back to his side because well she didnt know where he was taking her and the last thing she wanted to do was anger him.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:15 pm

Echo moved on up hte trail, he never seemed to really notice Destiny as she trotted around and played. His steps just keping being steady and forward.
Not saying a word, his eyes bright and ears forward.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:21 pm

Destiny knew that Echo was pretty much ignoring her, She trotted ahead and spun around to look him dead in the eyes, Her soft warm brown eyes searching his. LOOK, what is wrong? Am I bad company? Do you think I should just leave you here to feel sorry for yourself. Snap out of it. I dont know what happened before I met you and it couldnt have been good given your current mood, but I have tried and tried and if you dont want to even acknowledge my existence then so be it. Would you rather be alone?
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:49 pm

Echo looked her dead in the eye. "I am glad life is a beautiful place for you, I have darkness in my past that shadows me today. Yes I want to be alone. For reasons I can't explalin. You are safe with me now......but long term your life could be in danger. We are travleing, I don't want to waist fighting energy on playing. I'm sorry you find me so much to your dislike. feel free to not accept my help and go on your own."
His eyes never left hers and his voice was soft and maybe even a bit sad.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:56 pm

Destiny Looked back at him, Im sorry that you have had bad things happen in your life. But Life happenes are you going to let it affect how you are today and the next day and the next? She couldnt help it she came forward to nuzzle him again, Her heart ached for him, she knew he would move away from her touch but at least he knew someone cared about his feelings. Life has not been so grand for me either Echo. I have no friends mares have always picked on me telling me that I would never find a mate because i was ugly. they pulled my mane and tail telling me that I looked prissy. and stallions turned cheek to me and chose better mares. ive been alone for a long time.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:30 pm

Echo snorted, "If it was only my past i could deal with it, but it's stronger and there for no one is safe with me. And you must have come from a very shallow vain herd. Why mares would only pick on you cuz your beauty suprased theirs, and the stallions were probably cowards, scared of you for fear of making a fool of them selves then to have you leave them. It would and is rare for a mare of you natural beauty to sweet and kind."
He shook him self, "And my past doesn't shadow my now, but it will come to storm on my future. There is no getting away from it. So I take now and don't look to the future. My now is seeing you safly into a herd of your own."
He nodded to her and then side steping around her kept heading up the mountain trail.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:21 am

Destiny stood there for a brief moment, Echo didnt seem that bad to her.......She wondered what possibly could have happened that made him this way. Shruging it off she really didnt care, She liked him no matter what he had done. she turned to follow him, well if he would get her to a herd that would take her in she accepted. She wondered if the time they spent together would maybe make him want to keep her around.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:02 am

Echo looked at the sky, thick dark storm clouds were building. He went to higher grounds, and there found what he was seeking, a covered out croping of rocks that would provide shelter and a wind break. The ground was high enough here that the water would not bother them and lightning would not seek them. He nodded happy wiht his pick to wait out the storm and the night.
"Better graze while you can, this storm won't be long in comeing and I doubt you'll want to be out in that." He said pointing with his nose to the nearly black storm clouds that were flashign with lighting.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:12 am

Fear flashed in Destinys eyes, she hated storms. They scared her. She felt better that Echo was with her but she doubted he would let her close enough that she could feel even safer. A loud clap of thunder sent her flying to his side. She didnt care what he thought he would have to deal with her closeness for one night. She pressed her petite body to his and backed into the shelter of the rocks suddenly not hungry anymore. She hid her face in his mane, her entire body shivering.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:33 pm

Echo thought the whole act a bit foalish, he loved storms, how wild they were, the wind the pelting rain, dark skys the thunder how the whole world seemed to go into hiding for a time. He also loved the danger from the storms, knowing that the lightning could strike a horse if they didn't seek out cover. He lifted his head and closed his eyes for moment, breathing in the damp smell before the storm. He was compleatly unworried about the skitish mare next to him. He opened his eyes and was rewarded wiht a bolt of lightning and a crack of thunder loud enough to shake the mountain.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:17 pm

Letting out a small whimper Destiny backed up burring her face deeper into Echos mane. Im sorry but the last thunder and lightning storm took my mom and baby sister when they got hit by lightning. I was a year or two old but it still rattles my bones when I hear it and see it. but I wont touch you if thats what you want. Im sorry,....Destiny backed as far as she could into the cave and lay down burring her head into her mane between her front legs. She was shaking like a leaf.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:44 pm

Echo watched her, he knew that a horse had to be pretty foolish to get caught in a storm like this but saying so to her owuld onlyup set her futher.
After all he was afraid too, but in a differant way and of something out of his controll. He shook his head. "Whdn had ones fear or weakness up set up so?" Wanting to stay at the mouth of the cave but alsing feeling like he should do some thing for this freaked out mare he droped down in front of her so she could feel his body heat and nearness and where he was between her and the storm.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:33 am

She felt him lay beside her, Her fears ebbed slightly. she bushed his neck and cheeck every so gentle and lightly. Thank you Echo. It wasnt my moms fault though you know, My little sister had been playing with another one of the mares foals, the storm came pretty suddenly, we were all grazing and had to rush to get under some kind of protection, It was then my mom realized that Lilly was missing, she ran out to find her and they never came back. that morning we found them side by side, she had found her but on her way back they were both struck. I have never liked storms since. She began to groom him lightly not wanting to make him get up but she felt she had to do something to keep her mind off things. She pulled the burs from his mane and nibbled on his neck and shoulders. She prayed that he wouldnt mind, and that her gentle touch would make him feel just a little better.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:10 am

Echo twitched his ear back at her to let her know he had heard her ther take a deep sigh looked out into the storm not really moving or remarking on her grooming. He just looked into the flashing sky and falling rain lost in this own thoughts.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top