Heavy hearted and alone

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Heavy hearted and alone

Post  ShannaraFox on Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:56 pm

He watched the grasses blow softly, creating beautiful green waves that toped silver in the light as the wind played across this meadow. it was small, not nearly so large as one of the other meadows that was really more of a valley. But this small place was just right for him, not overly big and not so small that he would graze it down any time soon. the laughting brook that tumbled dowon though the woods just out side the meadow made it even more perfect. Perfect, Echo shook his head letting long strands of his coppery main fly about. What in his life was ever perfect, nothing was right for him. He hung his head and gritted his teeth. There was no escaping it, he had done evil and now there would be no rest for him in this world.
He shook himself, best not to dwell on such darkness. He had wondered this area for a while now and from what he could tell these lands might be unclamed. It didn't matter to him if they were or were not. He didn't want lands of his own and didn't want trouble. Only a place to stay. if these lands were taken he would ask to stay but if he must leave then once again he would move on.
Echo moved out into the sunlight of the meadow and grazing near the side of a small clear water pod that ws fed by the stream tried to put his troubled sole to rest.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Heavy hearted and alone

Post  ShannaraFox on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:13 pm

Echo raised up his coppery head, his thick wavey main tumbling down to his shoulders. His ears came forward and his eyes looked about.
A doe and her fawn entered the meadow, Echo and the deer looked at each other, then decided they were safe enough each started to graze again.
The doe who was wonderig about this lonely horse browsed her way closer to him. Her single fawn leapign playflly at her side. Echo didn't mind their company, it was the first in days.
His ears came forward and his eyes brightnoned as he saw the litle fawn. He streched out his neck and touched noses with the tiny little thing. He watched amused as it bounded and played in the tall grasses.
The doe watched him wiht large dark eyes, her soft light tan hide accented with whtie stood out in this field of green grass. She seemed glad of his company.
So the odd new friends graized their way closer to the small pond.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:06 pm

Destiny entered the valley her chocolate coat catching the sun and her blonde mane that hung down to her knees floated gently with the breeze, her long tail trailed behind her dancing over the grass like a train on a wedding gown. her soft eyes scanned the area, there in the middle was a stallion with a remarkably similar coat to that of her own. she smiled warmly as she saw the doe and fawn that had obvioulsy found good company in him. She didnt know how friendly he was or if he was alone.....she stayed her distance and knew he would eventually notice her and from there he could approach, the last thing she wanted was an angry stallion running her off. she stood there watching them seemingly unaware of her presence...
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:59 pm

Echo's keen sences told him some one was about...He looked up body tence, his nose testing the wind, keen sharp eyes scanning the area.
There on the edge of the woods a horse stood, he nearly missed her for her body was dark but her light main and tail gave her away.
He could sent it was a mare. Did she belong to a herd? was her stallion near? He raised his head higher and pinned his ears at her.
The peacfull doe watched him out of the corn er of her eye, she could sence he was angered and kept close watch in case his danger should become her own.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:55 pm

Destiny Pricked her ears, she could tell even this far away that he was not happy to have been disturbed. She whinnied a nervous but friendly greeting, hoping that he would be ok with that, she still remained where she was fearing just a bit but was drawn to him, she was alone too......she moved a few steps forward. Ears pricked in his direction carefully watching him.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:47 am

Echo heard the whinnie. Oh well he knew his quiet little valley woud not be his own for ever. What did ti mater if another horse was in this valley too. She would probably not stay long any how. He shook his head and kept eating in the company of the doe and her fawn. but he had one ear cocked so he knew if she ventured close enough to speak to.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:56 am

Destiny approached slowly, as to not set this stallion off. she nickered lightly when she got close enough. Hi she whispered. Her voice was beautiful enough to make angels jealous. she stood half expecting this stallion to charge at her.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:59 am

Echo did not move from his grazing not look up at her. "I do not own these land, the grass is yours as much as mine till we are run off. I will not run you off for I do not care if you are hear but do not expect me to guard over you. You are on your own."
His voice had gotten harder twards the end of his senctance.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:06 am

I can fend for myself..... Whoever you are. Im Destiny if you even care to know. she did not move away but instead moved closer to him. turning her side to him in a non threatening way. her long tail dragging behind her she lowered her head and grazed next to him. She was not a big mare but she was well defined, small delicate head but well proportioned muscles and fine legs. her Long mane and tail were the only deceptive thing about her they made her look prissy but she could not help that. she looked at him out of the corner of her eye but continued grazing
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:16 am

The stallion snorted "Echo, my name is Echo." With that he turned his head and moved tward the lake. he had not looked at her once.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:50 pm

Destiny was not giving up that easy, she had been alone for weeks and "Echo" was the first company she stumbled upon. She followed him determined that he would just have to accept her, Lowering her head to drink, the tips of her mane dipped into the water and as she finished her drink she shook sending a spray of tiny water droplets in all directions.... She was not unaware that most of it had eneded up on Echo, making small darker dots all over his coat. She laughed, it sounded like heaven so warm and welcoming Like a cool breeze on a hot summer day. Sorry about that there Echo she managed to get out.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:00 pm

Echo pinned his ears. "You could have done that over there." He said pointing with his nose to the other side of the pond. He moved futher down the pond.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:11 pm

I know I could have, Destiny smiled. But you looked hot.... she stated, grinning. She stopped and stayed there watching him sulk off.Big baby it was just a little water. She couldnt help but feel just a tiny hurt at his shortness with her. Pushing that feeling off she resumed grazing.

As the sun set over the top of the valley, the light hit her coat making it sparkle and Shine. A Breeze picket up lifting her tail off the ground playing with the long strands making them dance. and her mane floated, lifting it off her neck and tossing it around.

Destiny Looked at Echo aching to say something to him she was so lonely and for the first time in what seemed like forever she had a horse in front of her and a handsome stallion at that. and there was no conversation he clearly didnt want her around.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:58 pm

Echo lifted his head and sened the wind. There was not a sniff of danger, the doe and her fawn had moved off to bed down for the night. The breeze was soft and slightly cool. He felt his energys double and broke out into a canter around the meadow, bucking and romping. His strong young body flowing and moveing with ease.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:40 pm

Destiny watched Echo, She admired his strength and the way his coat shone in setting sun. Taking off after him she had something to proove, she caught up to him gave him a challenging grin, and took off her legs churning under her as she slowly pulled in front of him. her tail flagging behind her.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:13 pm

you might as well have dumped a bucket of cold water on Echo's head for all the excitement he showed. He kept his own pace and then finaly stoped before her. "Don't you have some place to be? A heard? A stallion or mate?"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:19 pm

Laughing Destiny replied, Nope no stallion no herd noone im alone just like you.....your alone right? Looking around she didnt see any other horses. she arched her neck and moved a bit closer to him.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:35 pm

"Why are you alone? And no your not just like me." He said pinning his ears and tucking down his nead to his neck. "I don't think being alone is a laughing mater."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:49 pm

Her smile dissapeared in an instant, she dropped her head, her ears going from perked to sagging at the side of her head, Sniffing she tried to hold back the tears. Im sorry if i offended you, i wasnt laughing at us being alone, I was laughing at your question of my having a herd I thought it was apparent I was alone. And I know im not like you........Im at least nice..... she turned and walked off her tail no longer carried high but now draggging even more on the ground. She let the tears flow, She had been alone so long and the first horse she met like all the others turned out to hate her. She began to think she would never be accepted. Was she that different.... She looked at her reflection in the water her view obstructed by her falling tears. she didnt think she looked like other horses the drastic difference in her coat and mane and tail color yes.and the fact that her mane and tail were so long maybe. or was it her eyes. she didnt know but Destiny turned from her reflection and dragged her feet as she walked away........
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:03 am

Echo was mad at the mare...she had not answered his question as to why she was herdless out here in the middle of no where. He pinned his ears, hateing what he was about to force apon him self, he followed her to the pond. "Do you need help in finding a herd?" His question was was not mean but not overly friendly either.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:15 am

Not looking at him, Destiny managed to reply but only in a whisper, No, Im fine I can make it on my own.....I have been alone for a while now.....I have no herd no stallion, noone.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:01 am

Echo stomped his hoof, "Why do you not have a herd!"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:10 am

Why should I? Destiny looked at Echo in the eyes this time. Why was he so eoncerned with her having a herd. Look at me!!! Im ugly!!! I dont fit in anywhere. Why would I have a herd. She sobbed turning to run she tripped on a rock sending her flying into the water, even more embarrassed she got up and without shaking took off running only stopping when she was a few hundred yards from the stallion. Standing there dripping wet. She had no where to go and no one wanted her..
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:23 am

Echo rolled his eyes and walked over to the mare. "Look, I don't knwo where you come from, I don't really care. But who told you you were not fair to the eyes was blind, and even then one can see you are kind and gentle. Your looks are stunnng, by any horses standareds. Come, this life of being alone is not suted for one such as your self, I offer you my help to find you a suitable herd." His voice was kind and gentle.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:40 am

Destiny nodded, only agreeing to go with him because she was truly alone and tired of it. perking up just a bit her ears came forward and her tail raised once more. She smiled softly at his compliment, she couldnt help it she walked right up to him and nuzzled him sweetly. thank you Echo.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top