Lightning and Bahia's journey.

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lightning and Bahia's journey.

Post  MajesticHooves on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:33 am

A pretty Thoroughbred cross mare appeared from the dark mist. Her gray coat shone and her palomino tail was held high. Her nostrils were flared and her dark eyes scanned the area for threats. Her name was Shimmer. Shimmer reared in the moonlight making her coat glitter at the sight of the moon. Her palomino forelock flung over her eyes immediately as she landed.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:35 am

Grace lay in the middle of the field un moving. she had stopped crying but her shaking had not. no one came after her. She Knew that this was it. sooner or later someone or something would find her...
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:36 am

Lightning could not help but see that she was a beautiful mare, but what would the chances of a beautiful mare being alone. He nuzzled Bahia and wit his neck arched and tail up trotted out to mee this new mare and find out if she was alone or if she had a stallion that was a threat to his mares.
Already he was stressing over Grace
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:39 am

Bahia stood back and well hidden, trying to increase the chances of Lightning's happiness.

Shimmer flicked her ears back, a little stressed that a stallion had already approached her, yes she was a loner. Shimmer touched noses with the stag in greeting but was not certain he could be trusted. yet.....
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:42 am

Lightning's nicker was friendly as he greeted her. "I am lightning, who are you? and do you have a stallion following that I need worrie about?"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:52 am

"Shimmer.. I'm Shimmer... Lightning." She said deeply looking into his eyes.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:56 am

"Shimmer, I'm here with my small herd, do I have a reason to fear a stallion from you?"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:58 am

Shimmer raised an eye brow "No way!!" She choked.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:05 am

"Lightning let out a sigh, "I am glad to hear it, not cuz I have plans to try to froce you into my herd but because I have trouble enough as it is and a stallion ready to fihgt is not what I needed. " He smiled at her polightly. "Though I a sure you would be welcomed to join our herd if you liked."
He wanted to go find greace, and then take his small herd and get out of the valley as soon as he could and away from these men.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:22 am

Shimmer thought. "Any terms and conditions?"
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:24 pm

Lightning looked a bit baffled, "Um not really, I mean you need to get along with the other members of the herd, respect me as the lead stallion, oh and I would not like it you bring other stallions back here. I don't want or need the fight. If you long to leave tell me and you can go. That is about all I can think of. Like I said this herd is small and some what broekn at the moment. but your welcome to join, there is saftey and company in numbers."
Lightning hoped in a way she would join, but wasn't sure too, what if she were more trouble too and he had trouble enough as it is.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:31 pm

Shimmer looked over at Bahia. "Erm. Yeh. I could use some company." Shimmer said cheerfully.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:35 pm

Now that Lightning felt that the dnger was over and this new mare seemed quite pleasant he trotted over to Bahia's side. "This is my lead mare and mate. Her name is Bahia." Lightning looked at Bahia, "Are you ok with another member to our herd? And then we must set off after Grace so that we can leave these lands behind." He nuzzled her softy at the base of her ear and down her jaw.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:39 pm

Bahia's jaw clenched. She hoped his new mare wouldn't make her snap as Grace did.

Shimmer bowed and looked around "Grace?" She asked.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:44 pm

Lightning looked in the direction that Grace went. "Yes our other herd member, her name is Grace. We had a bit of a misunderstanding before you showed up and she bolted into the trees. We need to go find her and quickly, there are men not far off."
Lightning started into the moonlight misty forrest, he stoped, his body shinning white and his main and tail bits of mist about him. He looked to Bahia and Shimmer. "Are you coming?"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:47 pm

Bahia snorted. "Sorry. I can't. I'll most probably snap again." Bahia sighed.

Shimmer trotted to Lightning "I'll come though." She said keenly.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:52 pm

Lightning was comeing to the end of his rope. "Bahia, Grace is a member of this herd as are you, I would not leave you alone in the mist and darkness and WE will not leave her out there either. Be mad if you like, but we have to move from the place and this IS the way we are going."
He looked at Shimmer who had trotted up by him, "Thank you" He said, the gladness for her willing ness to come was appent in his eyes.
He looked again at Bahia, "My love? Come with me, I know you have the stringth of heart to do this and be my lead mare." Lightning hoped his faith in her was right, he loved her, he didn't want to loose her but if she could not putll her self together and keep the herd to gether ,....he shook his head.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:55 pm

Bahia sighed and followed them, for she had lost confidence in herself, she only followed because it was Lightning who needed her. Bahia's memory was erased, she had really no happy memories to think of, but she put that behind her and trotted to Lightning's side.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:07 pm

Lightning told Shimmer they were looking for a young golden palomino mare. Then he steped closer to Bahia"Your courage and spirit make me love you all the more. I really feel lucky to have you for my mate. Bahia, I want you to be proud of me as your mate, as the stallion of our little band. I need you in all this."And then dipping his voice down lower and putting his mouth by her ear whispered. "And I want to have foals with you more then with any other." He nuzzled her softly, he hoped she knew and under stood that he did love her, that he wanted her to be happy, happy wiht him and as lead mare of their growing herd.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:33 pm

Bahia smiled and rubbed her head gently up against his neck, truly he was charming. She chuckled quietly to herself.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:39 pm

With his ears forward and nose takeing in the mist heavy air Lightning could smell they were getting closer. He had hung back a few steps to be with Bahia and it seemed to him that Shimmer had no problums being in the lead. Finaly he stoped. She was very close.
He looked around and at the base of a tree saw the golden ride and fall of Grace's belly as she slept. Poor girl, Lightning thught, must have cried her self to sleep.
Nuzzling Bahia again he walked over to Grace. He nickered for her to wake up. They had the night and the fog to loose them selves in from the men. Already enough time had been waisted.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:41 pm

Bahia stood back, she could feel her temper rising but struggled to keep it under control.

Shimmer nuzzled the mare, who is this? She thought.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:42 pm

Lightnig looked back at Bahia, his eyes twinkled and he smiled just for her. "keep being strong" her hoped as he waited for Grace to wake up
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:45 pm

Graces heavy, swolen eyelids fluttered open. the sight of Lightning looking down at her made her heart swell with happyness. They did forgive her... well at least lightning did. very quietly, still embarrased, she managed to squeak out a Hi.... She rose to her feet seeing Bahia and some new mare a few feet away. Looking down, ashamed she waited for what happened next.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:48 pm

Lightning was glad she wasn't in a fit of agner, but seemed still ready to coem with them, down cast and sad perhaps but willing. He looked back to Bahia. "Bahia? do you feel like leading us to safer grounds? away from these men...if not I'm sure Shimmer would be glad to take the lead so you can stay near my side."
He looked back to Grace, "We have to get a move on, This here is Shimmer, she has joined our herd." He looked back to Bahia waiting on her answer.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top