The Outcast

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Calming the storm

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:40 am

Looking in Ravens eyes, she nickered hoping to calm him. then turning to indigo yes young filly. I fear they have tricked you. this is a place for horses to come to find love not for young colts and fillies. who my dear told you to come here to us?
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Outcast

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:42 am

Raven was still quite and very up set but he heard Sonya. "Sonya I can help you seek out a safe herd if that is what you desire." he closed his eyes quickly and nodded his head to show her he ment that in a good way not a get rid of her way.
"You are welcome to stay."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:45 am

"Raven, thank you. But I feel more complete if I find a place myself." Sonya smiled,
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:50 am

Raven look at her. "I'm sorry you feel that way. I think your better then that. And I know from a lot more experance that a loner's life is nothing grand. But as before you are welcome here with us for as long as you like."
He felt that some how he was the reason for her leaving. The stress started to build on Raven again.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

calmness

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:51 am

Feeling the mood calm some and wondering why Sonya would want to leave these two handsome stallions Snow replied, I was a loner Sonya and I guess to each thier own but If I so kindly am accepted into this small group I have a feeling I will stay and put my roaming days behind me. Lowering her head she eyed Raven seeking his approval.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:52 am

Sonya felt what Raven felt. "Your part of the reason, but not why I -want- to leave. I wish to explore this place where the river flows and flowers grow, the sun shines and the grass is greener than ever." Sonya said day dreaming.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:13 am

"You see. Where I come from. There is only snow and ice for miles." Sonya went on, then shivered.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:16 am

Rainer Shivered at the words snow and ice.
Sonya I have been to lands where the ice stretches for miles. what a dreary place that was. then Quickly correcting himself. but it wasnt so aweful you came from a place like that so it couldnt have been a place of no beauty.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:20 am

"I wasn't bred there, though. Otherwise I probably would have been an Exmoor Pony or Icelandic. But I grew up living there. By the way, your not calling me beautiful are you?" Sonya wasn't to impressed, if he was meaning her. She didn't like other horses referring to her as beautiful or anything related. Sonya shuddered.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:25 pm

Rainer boldly stated...Well Yes Sonya I do think you are beautiful, Dont take it the wrong way please. I know you are not looking for a Mate, and I will respect that but how, how could you not think yourself beautiful? I am not trying to impress you, I am simply stating a fact in my mind. .
Looking Sonya in the eyes once more and giving her a gentle, warm smile he turned and headed back to Raven who by now looked as if only a leaf falling from a tree would send him into a fury. Poor guy Rainer thought, this is probably all too much for him. Slowing and stopping by Ravens side Rainer lowered his head and Resumed his grazing. Hoping his presence and closer size comparison would help Raven relax.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:30 pm

Raven looked and Sonya. "it is some what because of you that I want to leave." He reapeted the words over in his mind. "pah! she is just like all the others! I was a fool for thinking other wise." but he said nothing to Sonya, mearly bowing his head at her. "I wish you luck and grace on your journey if and when you do leave us."
Turning to snow he said. "You like Sonya would and are welcome here. But I am an outcast, a loner and this herd will be like it as well. by joining us you chould be tossing away a better place for your self in a differant herd. But you are welcome."
He cast a glace at Rainer to see if had had any other thoughts on Snow joining. "Poor fellow."Raven thought, "becomeing intrested in a lighter mare, he sholld have known she would shun him in the end and reject even his complaments."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:41 pm

Rainer was Slightly put out. Well If this mare Sonya did not take his compliments so be it. He had found the company of Raven first and with him he would learn the land and one day maybe become a band stallion........maybe. that is if a mare would take him. Raven, I will remain and if Sonya wants to leave let her go, I should have known better I guess. As far as who stays and goes it is thier choice, but I will stay.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:46 pm

Snow Stopped grazing for a moment to look at Raven Slightly hurt. Could he not tell that she was like him, outcast by everyone, yes she was slightly smaller than him, but her legs thick and hooves large just as his were. Had he not noticed her attempts to gain his intrest? I will stay for now Snow replied short and curt. then resumed grazing with her back to Raven.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:05 pm

Raven didn't under stand others, he had been alone for too long. "You will be welcome wiht us Snow. Though I'm afriad you'll find my home a bit hard of living. and I will be glad of both you and Rainer's company." He cast a look at Sonya, "Yours too Sonya while your with us."
Raven then left them, his head hurt this was all so much so fast. He found a patch of sun light and rolled. His feather light hair on his legs and around his hooves flowed in the breeze and from the momentiom of his rolling. Finaly at last he stood and streached. That had felt good and helped to relax him. He shook hem self and tossed his neck. HIs thick main could be such a bother some times and it always made his neck hot.
Then decided that the ground had felt so nice and soft he laied down. He was a gian black and whtie stallion laying down among the green grasses and wild flowers, resting and leatting the stres wash away.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:16 pm

Watching Raven leave, Snow sighed. She wandered closer to where he stopped, staying just far enough away for him to not know she was watching. She stood in amazment as she watched the sun play on his gleaming coat and as the breeze played with his long thick mane and tail. Her breath caught in her chest. It was at that moment that Snow decided no matter what that She and Raven would Someday be together. Following his lead Snow lay down resting her tired feet and feeling the cool grass against her side, she drifted off to sleep knowing she was safe between the two stallions, Plotting ways she could catch Ravens attention and possibly his heart.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:23 pm

Raven while haveing his eyes shut could hear the steps of a horse. He knew from the hallow sound of the thud of the ground that it was not one f the smaller horses, nor was this the larger and heavyer feet of Rainer. This could only be snow. He didn't mind her company and understood how she must feel when he herd her lay down.
Raven was still mixed on the new number to his herd. It made him feel restless....how could he keep being a guardian wiht a herd? Oh well he thought, horses never stayed around him long he would not have to ponder on that thought long either. As a loner he had learned to enjoy what simple pleasures life could offer.
He inhailed a deep breath, like th is pleasing sent of sun warmed gras and the lovely sent of the wild flowers, of the heat soaking into his black back and the softness of the ground. Yes these things were all that lasted all that made him who he was and gave him comfort.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:40 pm

Rainer Stood where he could see both Raven and Snow. and dozed standing in the sun, his front feet in the cool water of the stream. the light breeze Playing with his mane and tail. He was where he belonged and was happy at last. But the thought of Sonya wandering not to far from him still in the back of his mind. Why could he not push her from his mind?
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:58 pm

Raven dozed, he was awiar of everything around him, even the small buzzy bees flying from flower to flower. but he was at peace. Usually there was not this much time in his life for peace. What wtih all these valleys and mountains to walk, and mens camps to wreck.
He twitched his ear at a fly. Then the sent of a mare futher down the creek in heat came to his nose. While the sent was not unpleasant he knew that he could never act on it like the other stallions. In deeded the breeding and mateing season was probably the worst time of the year for him.
His eyes snapped open. May, the month was may! The spring horse catchers would be heading into the high country by now. Looking to catch any wondering mares in foal or lure in stallions with their own mares. His fear and anger built. These spring round ups were not as dangerious as the summer and fall ones but they could cost a life or two and would defanitly mean the enslavement of some of the wild horses.
That is unless he did something. He cursed himself for a fool for lazing about when there was work to be done. He must get back to look out peek, from there he could see the smoke from their camp fires.
With a grunt and a powerful lunge he heaved him self up to his feet and reard. his bellow loud and clear.
His hooves were the combenation of thunder and a rock slide as he charged over to where Rainer stood. His eyes scaned the horses around, he spotted Sonya. In a powerful voice he called her over, and then he looked back at Snow, she had been woken up ad was standing looking startled. He whinnied loudly for her to come now.
There would be no time to waist.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:04 pm

Standing with a start, Snow Looked anxiously at Raven. She moved quickly to ravens side lightly nuzzling his neck and shoulder feeling his tense muscles under her soft velvet nose, reasuring him she would be there for whatever he needed, sensing that trouble and danger was on the horizon. I am here whatever you need Raven I will not abandon you or Rainer.

Last edited by SweetieKatie on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:06 pm

Snaping out of his daydream at the sudden and quick movement of Raven, he rushed to him to see what was going on. From the mood he knew it couldnt be good.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:20 pm

Raven stomped his hoof in anger. " I must leave, my duties as a guardian call. I must go to my home at Look out Peek. As you are all members of my herd now you are welcomed to come, but I must go and wehre I go there is danger, very high danger. But this is my life, if you come you will have a full taste of what my life is like and if you really want to join my herd."
He could feel the closeness of Snow, it up set him a bit, though her words were brave he took her nearness as a sine of being scared out of her wits.
He looked at each of them and lastly Snow for he was up set at the thought that she was this week. Suddnely his eyes met hers and he was taken back."My but your eyes are blue!." Raven could have choked. What had made him say that...he tried to cover him self. "Your vision is ok, it is sound ad you are not going blind?" His voice turned flat and even rougher then usual.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:28 pm

Snow nearly choked on her own tounge, at the random outburst by Raven concerning her eyes! It did not go unnoticed the slip. smiling to herself she calmly replied, Raven I am not scared (though she was) and yes my eyes are blue but My vision is perfect you have no worries about me falling behind or hurting myself. I will stand and fight with you whatever the situation. Feeling a cold shiver run down her spine. What on earth did Raven do to her?? Any other situation prooving dangerous and Snow would have not had any part in it. But when she looked at Raven and His tough shell, her heart Skipped a beat and she knew she belonged with him maybe not now but someday. For now she would fight with him and be brave. She cant be weak, he would surely dicard her at the first sign or indication of hesitation.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:41 pm

Raven snorted, he was ready to be going. "None of you have to come, those of you who are coming may follow me me. I'm leving now."
He gave no more room for talk but turned and once again the ground thundered with the sound of his hooves as he dashed off to the north.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:58 pm

Right at his side was Snow, Matching him stride for stride her blue eyes blazing. She must show Raven she is brave and can stand up and fight with him. No She will not let him down even though he thinks she will.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:00 pm

Rainer Galloped along just strides behind Raven and Snow. He knew Snow was terrified but to look at her you would never know. the sound of thier hooves was like thunder. As they left Rainer took a glance back to see if Sonya was behind them, will she follow?
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum