The Outcast

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Outcast

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:56 am

Rainer emerged through the trees and steped into the sun the cool water of the stream beconing him with the promise to quench his thirst. He paused momentarily to look at all the horses around him. Wondering if they too would outcast him like so many others had. His Blue eyes once again were drawn to the stream. He continued past the horses keeping to himself as to not be run off before he could drink and maybe have a few bites of the lucious grass near the bank. Lowering his head he drank, once his thirst was quenched he looked up once more, suprised no one had flattened thier ears or niped at his flanks pushing him away. Could it be possible he finally found a place to fit in?
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Outcast

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:13 am

"They will not chase you off but they will not welcome you among them either." A loud deep voice boomed. There was the sound of large heavy feet as a black and white stallion of great power and pride made his way over to Reiner. "They fear what they do not know or understand."
He nodded his head slightly to Reiner his long thick main fell forward hiding his face from view till he lifted his head again and looked Reiner in teh eye. "I am called Raven."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A new Friend?

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:19 am

Hello Raven, I understand what you say and I have felt it just about everywhere I go, Rainer said in a sad, soft voice. You Raven are the first I have ever seen to look like I. I do not think I will ever understand them he said motioning to the others grazing seemingly unaware of thier presence. Do you mind He started pausing to paw the ground nerviously, do you think you would mind me tagging along with you? Maybe we could find more of our kind.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:35 am

Raven looked at him closely, this stallion named Rainer was younger by a few years. But he decided he might work out well and perhaps it would be nice to have some company. "I would offer you a place in a herd."Raven said. "I in a way own all these lands that these others make their home. While they have out cast me I make their home safe. I am a guardian of these hills and valleys of these mountains. I tare down human traps, wreck their camps when they leave. I break the ice on watering holes when no one else can. For some time now it has just been my self." He eyed Rainer sharply again. "I am offering you a place, the herd is only as big as I am but it is a home and purpose." He took a long breath as if this all bored him and streaching out his neck shook his long main. "If you wish you main join and come with me."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:44 am

Sonya, looking through the trees at the stallions, slowly made her way down the bank, her expression was blank, ears perked forward, listening and alert. Sonya was soon close enough for the other horses to see her, a snort was all she made. Sonya was not seeking a mate, but friendship. She walked a little closer to them. "Good afternoon. I am Sonya," She bowed the to powerful stallions before her, "friends or foe?" She asked, enlarging her muscles in case one of them made a threat or did something unexpected to her.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:57 am

Raven looked at the dappled mare. he waited till she came forward. She seemed tence to him. He bowed his head in responce to her."How may we help you fine lady." Raven asked. his voice was flat, deep and had no feeling
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

High hopes

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:06 am

He looked to Raven and sighed a deep sigh. Yes I would love to accompany you. Slightly startled by a snort that came from nowhere, he looked over and saw Sonya the elegant dapple grey mare. "stunning he thought to himslef" but did not allow that to show on his face. I am a friend Sonya, and if you are accepting of our difference in looks, and if its ok with raven come with us
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:10 am

Sonya rolled her eyes in disgust "I'm not pretty, famous, beautiful, attractive or anything related so please call me Sonya." She said, sighing. "Firstly, I'm looking for friends. I come from the cold places, where the water has turned to ice and the snow lays meters think from the grass. May I travel with you, guys?" Sonya asked, feeling rather lonely and hoping they would accept her for who she was.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

wonders

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:12 am

Wow Rainer thought, how could she think she is not beautiful? Looking anxiously at Raven hoping he would ok this mare to join them. Raven, He said. It would be nice to have extra compay.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:14 am

Raven was quiet for a moment as if off in some other world. then he seemed to snap too. "Come with us? Come with us? why do you not see what we are?" he shook his head, he voice had lost all flatness and lack of feeling, it was now starting to boom louder."I am sure a mare like your self would be better off with other horses of her own stature and kind. I am sure that there are many many wonderful horses in these other herd that would be deleighted to be your friend."
Raven was in shock, in 5 years never had one of the small fine legged horses ever wanted to come with him....he was confused and not sure of how he felt about it.
Clearing his throat he looked at Reiner, "Reiner? What are your thoughts here?"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Makes a stand

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:18 am

Raven, Look she has approached us. to shun her would be wrong. We need to accept her. She has not casted us out why should we do what we have had done to us for so long. This could change things............................. Looking at Sonya he smiled a ginuenly sweet smile. She, after all is alone like us.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:24 am

Sonya smiled back at Rainer, then looked back at Raven, awaiting for his response patiently. "I can fight for myself," She added in, then lowered her head, her eyes were pleading, "you see, I have been alone for a while now, and I wish for company." Sonya sighed, remembering times on her own.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:27 am

Raven keep his gaze stone faced, he was not happy about this. Adding a fellow out cast was one thing but this was...oh yes he was not happy at all.
He clenched his jaw "She may come with us." Stepping closer to Rainer so only he could hear he whispered. "She is your responcabilty. "
Turning to Sonya he simply said. "You may come with us, but you must keep up on your own or I will leave you at the first herd I come to."
He snorted. though his threat to Sonya was harsh and even mean he knew that he would guard her and look after her. "so much for my quiet life" he thought.
He looked back again at Sonya, "What are you running from that you would come with us? What have you to gain with us?" He bowed his head, "If I may be so bold as to ask." his voice had taken on the flat carless tone again.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:30 am

"No, I can take care of myself," She said, hearing part of what Raven said to Rainer. "And, I'm not hoping to gain anything. I just need a bit of company for a while, maybe a few days, then I will leave and be off on my own again." Sonya nickered, being 100% sure and positive with them.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

thoughts

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:31 am

Yes... he had to agree with Raven what had brought her to them?
Having her be his responsability was no problem for he knew she was not the kind to mess with when cross but if needed he would come to her aid in any situation.
Looking at Raven he shot him a look of thanks such a gracious stallion. but leaning into Raven whispering umm i doubt she will need help and it may be us trying to keep up with her
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:35 am

Raven looked between Sonya and Rainer. "I have only just got here to seeking creek and while I do not come to find a mate I do find the silly notions of the other horses worth watching for a time. I also learn this way who went where in what herd and if new herds are started. So Sonya we will be staying here in seeking creek for a while."
He arched up his powerful neck. "Your welcome." It was hard to say who he was saying your welcome to, could have been either of them.
With that said he moved off a bit and started to graze where he could watch the going's on.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:36 am

Sonya grabbed a mouthful of grass and started to eat and drink before they started to change location. She eyed both the stallions, curious to find out more about them, though that was important now. Sonya watched the stream roll down the rocks, it was so peaceful here. She could also tell Raven wasn't too happy with her around, that didn't affect her but she moved away to give him some space.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

finally

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:40 am

Rainer couldnt have been more thrilled. At least for a few days he would be lucky enough to be in the company of a pretty mare which was a definate first. And Raven he was positive would soon come to think of him as a friend and teach him what he knew. His heart swelled, never in one day did he think he would be accepted by one horse let alone two. he settled down quietly somewhere between Sonya and Raven to eat the sweet grass content. Hoping sonya would stay with them a bit longer than a couple days.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:46 am

Sonya started to relax, she glanced back and forward at the two stallions who had accepted her for who she was. Sonya smiled, at least someone accepted her.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Midnight Snow

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:49 am

As if by some magical force brought her there she ambled into a clearing. Not paying attention she walked straight into the rump of a Large grazing stallion. Nearly falling over in fright and embarassment she steped back quickly. I am so sorry, umm umm what is your name? Looking at the small misfit group then back at the big older looking stallion.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:53 am

Raven feeling the shove on his rump simply lifted his large head, no dobut who ever did it was fleeing for their life by now. The grass suddnly got stuck in his throat. Was he dieing? had he died and not relized it. First the small gray mare and now this this beauty of his own kind. what was going on!
So much peace and quite in his life Raven felt like he was going to explode.
Then he remembered her speaking. Clearing his throat, "Not to worry no damage done. Just watch where you are going there could have been far more un pleasant things to run into besides me." his voice was deep and level. "I am Raven and you are?"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:55 am

Sonya looked at the mare, then started to graze again. Surely he would accept that mare because she could tell he liked her already. No way did Raven like Sonya.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:59 am

Raven seeming to forget him self added to, "This is Rainer." He nodded to the large blue eyed black and whtie stallion. "And this." He nodded his head to Sonya. "Is Sonya who is joining my herd at least for a time." His words were the same, flat but not unkind.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:02 am

Sonya smiled, raising her head a tad. She sighed and looked back, why didn't Raven like her? "What did I do?" She thought to herself.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Introduction

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:06 am

Hi Raven she replied taking in this handsome stud in front of her, feeling her heart do flips. Im Midnight snow but you can call me Snow for short.
Looking around she nodded to Rainer her hello. he apparently had most of his focus on the pretty Grey mare there as well.
Smiling she looked at Sonya hello! its nice to meet a friendly mare for once. how are you all?
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum