strutting his stuff CLOSED!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

strutting his stuff CLOSED!

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:19 am

the creek laughed it's way down over the soft pebbles that formed it's bed, luch green gras grew thick and heavy on the banks, the large leafy trees cast a welcome shade to this peacfull place. Aaa Truly a place more suted for romance can not be found. Mares and even a few stallions grazed their way lazily up and down the creek, basking in the warm breezes that ruffled the leaves, and enjoying each others company while in hopes of finding that one true love. The birds high above in the trees sang love songs, each one more beautiful then the last. It is a place of beauty and peace made for love.

Suddenly there is noise! The birds take flight and quit their songs, the soft sounds of the breeze moving though the grass and leaves can no longer be heard. Several of the horses closer, move away or look up to see who dares make sure noise!
Splashing his way up the creek bed trots a bold young stallion. His coat is as creamy white as the moon, his main and tail flow like spun summer clouds. He's not overly tall, standing under 15 hands but he's handsome! Large dark eyes, a dished face and dark gray muzzle. His neck is thicker then some of the other more elegiant stallions but has a very fine arch to the throat latch and a high tail carrage.
He dances and splashes though the creek, cantering around the peacfull horses, strutting his stuff.
He is awair that there are mares about but at his young age and lack of fighting experiance he would have little chance of holding onto a heard for long, no he is not here to seek a mate but to show off for perhaps a future mate and to cause some troble.
He continues to dance and splash, showing off by prancing and even flurting with a few of the mares before finaly settling down futher away from the rest to eat his fill of grass and watch for a time the courtship of other luckyer stallions.

Last edited by ShannaraFox on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: strutting his stuff CLOSED!

Post  MajesticHooves on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:53 am

Bahia stood a distance away, watching the creamy stallion play in the water, the wind caressing her mane softly, while it brushed against her neck. Her tail swayed in the wind like a silky banner dancing freely. Bahia flicked her ears once and neighed, followed by a half way rear. She slowly walked down the mountainside from where she watched him down the the edge of the water. Bahia stretched her long neck out to sniff him. She inhaled his scent deeply then exhaled, approving him, she nickered sweetly, though she still wasn't sure about him. Bahia smiled, "Hello, I'm Bahia, who are you?" She asked out of curiosity.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:07 pm

Lightning caught movement and watched as the buckskin mare made her way over to him. She moved with grace and ease, her steps light and her eyes bright. Lightning was pleased and excited to see the lovely mare head his way.He had not expected any one to even take notice of him. He arched his powerful neck and lifted his tail that swished from side to side. In a deep studly voice he nickered a greeting to the mare.
He touched noses with her in greeting. Her breath was warm and soft on his velvet gray nose, she smelled sweet and tangy? It was plesant and he liked it. Her voice was soft and beautiful to his ears.
Lightning lifted his head higher, "I am Lightning, I come from the south where the sun burns hot and dry."
He looked the mare over again, she was young, like him. Fit and full of life and with out a shadow of a doubt very beautiful. Surly a mare like this would have a stallion guarding her. The thought made him look back the way she had come, he was half expecting to see some powerful battle scared brute of a sutd come crashing down to rip him apart for talking to his mare. But the area was calm and quiet wiht other horses grazing lazily along.
He looked back at the mare. "Bahia, where is your herd? Your stallion? For surly a mare as fine as you would have some a mighty stallion looking out for you."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:49 pm

Bahia whinnied happily. "um. I've left my herd today, I wanted freedom. Besides, its almost breeding season and the herd is twice as slow during it, so I decided to leave before.. yeh. You know. " Bahia chuckled the last sentence. She flicked her tail gracefully and sharply turned her head back to see if she was being followed. No. No one. Bahia sighed with delight, she turned back to Lightning. "Do you own any lands?" She asked, her voice calm and as soft as velvet. Bahia flicked her ears back, the bush had been playing tricks on her all morning, or wasn't it? She started to feel worried inside but pushed it away with a warm smile.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:06 pm

Lightning watched the mare, he saw the way she glanced behind her and the way she nearly jumped when the breeze moved the bushes. Pherhaps she was being followed after all and didn't even know it. This thought worried him, what was her herd stallion like? Lightning knew that he could always out run most other stallions but this sweet mare could never keep up with him, if he wanted her to stay he would have to stand and fight. He was worried and suddenly a bit sad. He had no land, nothing to offer. He was young, fast and strong but still a green horn when it came to fighting.
He looked at Bahia, his eyes now truly sad. "Bahia, I...I..I have no lands of my own yet, nothing to offer you for shelter or safety. I am strong and fast but I do not think I could protect you if you chose to come with me."
Lightning could hardly beleive what he had heard or dared hope for, did she want to come wiht him? He wanted her to want to come with him but he had nothing to offer her and knew he could not take her wiht him. it filled this wiht sadness, but he tried to not look so down for her sake.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:19 pm

A strange thought suddenly struck Lightning, he look back at Bahia. "You left your herd because this is nearling the mateing season. Did or do you not like your hered stallion? do you not want foals?" He looked at her sharpley trying to read her mood and thoughts. "Yet you come to me and speak to me. How did you know I would not harm you? that I would not force you to become my mate? I am a stallion after all and as you said it is nearing the mateing season...."
The thought of how much courage she must have had to come up to him and speak shocked him and that she might even trust him a little touched him. He admired her even more......and the thought of parting from her became more painfull still.....
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:05 am

Bahia flicked her tail, she nudged Lightning's cheek gently, she saw that his expression was sad. "Lands, shelter, protection... none of that worries me. I have been traveling for days now, with no guard, protection. No nothing but memories." She paused and winced slightly, then continued, "with your other questions, yes I did leave my herd because of breeding season. I was forced to breed with some stallion, chosen by the herd leader, but he was much to violent for me, so I left. Oh, foals.... they do not worry me. Being pregnant or not doesn't worry me at all. It's my mates choice since I don't care. Thats why I looked back before, there is a search party happening, I spotted them on my journey, around about 20 horses. By the way, the went west, I went east. Never will I go back. I only joined the herd because I was raised there." Bahia trailed off. She shook her head and came back to life. "Also, I knew you wouldn't harm me because.. you would have already gotten a mare by now, you wouldn't wait so long. And. I will not be forced my anyone to do anything. Its totally my choice." Bahia nickered.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:51 am

Lightning's rage came to a head all at once, he reared and screamed at the air. Other horses grazing about looked up but he didn't care. HIs blood was red hot. His anger boiled and his temper flaired. "How dare they!" He pinned his ears and pawed up the grass and dirt his eyes ablaze with fury.
Then takeing in a few breaths and checking that her search party was no where in sight for him to take his anger out on he tried to calm back down.
He looked at Bahia and touching noses with her and nickering softly he said. "I will never harm you and I will never force you. I am honered that you would come wiht me when I have nothing, but why did you pick me? there are other good stallions here who could offer so much more.
you have been on your own for days yes but I have been on my own for over a year, I have seen how much harsher the world is with out the safty of a herd."
He pranced a bit and snorted. "If you come with me thoguh I have nothing to offer you I will do my best to keep you safe. Though you must know you are putting your faith in a very inexperianced fighter. You could be putting your self at great risk not to mention the damage it could well do to my heart."
Lightning froze. Had that just slipped out? She looked shyly at Bahia. "Err hem...(he fumbled) this may be bold of me but even though we have just met I have strong feelings for you, and it would hurt me more then I can express if I were to loose you."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:03 am

Bahia smiled, amused. " Yes, I know what my risks are. I will also do my best to keep myself safe and try not to annoy you or even try to make trouble for you." She nickered, softly. Bahia bowed, respecting Lightning. Bahia glanced back again, just making sure. She sighed with relief. "So.. what brings you to this part of the valley?"
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:10 am

Lightning laughed then. "You are no trouble and could not bug me." He was feeling a bit shut down that she had nothing to say about his confession of feelings for her. He cursed at himself, of coarse she didn't like him in that way, she just wanted a new life. He felt sad but as he said he would never force her like that other stud had tired. She would be a beautiful wonderful mare for his heard and if she left he would miss her greatly but that was up to her. For now he would enjoy her company. "I came out of lonelyness. Haveing no herd and being too old for band stallions to alow me that close to their mares I came here to find a peacefull place to be near other horses with out being run off. My story is quite a bit less exciting then yours."
He had seen her look behind again. "Do you feel unsafe? we can leave this place and try to find some where we can hide for a time..."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:17 am

Bahia frowned slightly. "No, It's peaceful here, as you said. If they find me, I guess its tough luck, eh?" She sighed. "I'm sorry I don't feel the same way about you.." Bahia paused. "yet..." Bahia managed to smile and him, she nuzzled his neck gently. "Are you planning on having a herd, mate or owning any lands?" She asked, pretty curious about this young stallion full of life.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:23 am

"Yes, I want my own lands where I can watch over a herd of my own and keep them safe. And of coarse I long for a mate, some one I can keep clsoe to my heart and foals. Those are my hopes and dreams, but then I suppose they sound very much like what most horses want."
He steped back from her a little and begain to eat some grass.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:33 am

Bahia nodded, "Most horses want the same.. but in my future, I long for a good adventure with a close friend or a mate." Bahia snorted. Then, slowly but gracefully, lowered her head and stepped back a little and took a long drink from the stream, then feasted on the delicious tasting grass.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:40 am

Lightning watched her. "Adventure hu? I have been on my own for over a year now and it has been one huge adventure! I can promise you that with out a herd and lands you will get the adventure you seek!"
Lightning laughed some, "I can't say I'm sorry that your seeking adventure for just finding a valley, keeping away from other herds and from you search party will be quite a bit of adventure."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:44 am

Bahia snorted sharply and flicked her ears back, shaking her mane. "Damn it!" She snorted. "I've come into heat early!" Bahia frowned and stomped her hoof aggressively. "I hate this time of year!" She said, rolling her eyes. Bahia's heat scent was soon spraying out randomly, it was insanely strong, it was very hard to brush off and a few of the stallions that were alone looked her way. She bared her teeth at them and snorted.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:53 am

Lightning could sent her, and he worried about her as some of the other studs look on with intrest. He quickly flattened his ears and charged forward, shrilling a death call to any who came near her. He pawed up the water and the mud, he was in no mood for games where she was concerned.
Then wiht his ears still pinned and his eyes looking about for any one who dared get to close he nudged her in the flank, urging her to move futher away from the other horses.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:04 am

Bahia gently placed her head to Lightning's chest. She sighed heavily. "Don't worry about me. I can fend for myself. By the way, the will think your my mate.." Bahia nickered, inching closer to Lightning. He was big, soft and... warm.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:10 am

"Lightning snorted, " I am quite sure you can take care of your self, but I have agreed to protect you. You are in my herd now, we are a herd you and I. and while I may not be your mate I will stand by that I don't and would not care for you seeking a mate while ....while...herm in this state where a stallion may tell you one thing and do some thing else. If you want to seek out a mate that is fine, but I think you should wait a few days."
He stpoke firmly and gently, though he had his ears pinned back he did not move from her side.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:18 am

Bahia snickered quietly, she pinned her ears a little. Bahia winced quietly. "Why a few days? Whats wrong with now? Are you jealous?" She nickered, hiding a laugh.

Last edited by MajesticHooves on Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mwhahahahaha.)
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:25 am

Strider came into the valley proudly. He looked around at all the mares and then took a drink. He heard a faint whinny, which made him jerk his head up instantly, water still dribbling off his chin. He shook is head to get the remains of the droplets off, and started to investigate these mares. This was a good season, all the well built mares had come in from far north.
ForeverYoung
Admin

View user profile http://gemstonemeadows.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:29 am

Bahia looked at Strider, he was much bigger compared to Lightning, she wondered what a fight between them would end like. Bahia looked back to Lightning, she sighed. "Does size matter? No" She thought to herself.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:39 am

Lightning didn't like being teased. He ground his teeth back agenst what wanted to pop out of his mouth. "I only sugested for your own safty, you can leave when ever you want."
He had not missed the way her eyes lingered over the well built larger chestnut stud. "I will not hold you back." he said curtly and trotted a few steps away where he croped at the gras so as to look like he didn't care.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:42 am

Bahia rolled her eyes, she walked forward and nipped Lightning's rump playfully. She dropped her head down next to his and slowly dragged her velvet muzzle up his neck, then to his rump. Bahia definitely had different feelings for Lightning now, she waited for him to respond.

Last edited by MajesticHooves on Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:43 am

Strider noticed the other stallion backing off. "Smart choice..." He thought. He turned his coat towards the sun so the mare could see just how shiny and well built he was. He did not deny that he was a showoff, but he did not have an unkind heart. He walked up to the mare, arched his neck and nuzzled her quietly.
ForeverYoung
Admin

View user profile http://gemstonemeadows.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:50 am

Bahia flattened her ears a little, she snorted, did Lightning really not want her anymore? Bahia shook the thought out of her head. She sighed and looked at the stallion who had nuzzled her, then looked back at Lightning.

Last edited by MajesticHooves on Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top