Red Sky at Night

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Red Sky at Night

Post  ForeverYoung on Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:52 am

Vision followed quickly behind her. "Listen to her, she has the right herbs..." Vision looked at Flint then back to Shadow. "His name is Shadow...He must have eaten one of the poisonous bushes around here."
ForeverYoung
Admin

View user profile http://gemstonemeadows.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:52 am

Just ad Vision was talking to the other mare Freedom woke up. "Fine give me the leaves." Freedom said weakly. He ate the leaves and then wanted to go back to sleep. "Can I go back to sleep now? I am still tired" He yawned.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander on Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:11 pm

Kalten watched the exchange silently and without comment. While he was glad these visitors were getting along, he was still worried for his land's safety... for Vision's safety. His home was all he had, and if he lost it... he didn't know what he'd do.
He sighed quietly, turning to look back over the edge of the escarpment. Not long ago, he was hoping for a friend... and now, he was almost wishing they'd leave him in peace. He wanted to kick himself for that thought, but it was how he felt, and he always promised himself he'd be honest, no matter what.
But that didn't mean he had to say it aloud.
Evander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:33 pm

Flint, agreed that Freedom could go back to sleep, rest would be good for him.
Then she looked at Vision, "Thank you for your help, I think we got the herbs to him in time."
She cast a glace at the worried look on Kalten's face, "Um, is this your valley? Do you know if there are any snake reeds here? they will help this poor fellow to regain his energy much faster."
Then with the weight of a rock slide it hit Flint that she was talking to strangers..."She looked again at at Kalten, "I do not think there is more I can do for him. I ...um.. I guess I'll be going now." She was unsure of her self, sould she have asked permision to leave? or just have gone....?
Shakeing her head at her own sillyness she started to wonder off into the trees, she stoped and thanked Vision once more for her help.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:56 am

Freedom was dreaming freely when all of a sudden he could hear hooves retreating on the ground. He woke up dazed by the dream he was having. "W-whats happening? Where is that mare that saved my life? Or was that just a dream?" He couldn't figure out what had happened. He was confused.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:10 am

Flint was already too far away to see the sick stranger move or ask about her. She would have gladly told him who she was had she been there but he was part of that small herd, he had his mate in the shy mare. reason did settle in her mind, she was set on one thing, she didn't belong. maybe she would never belong again. Loss swelled up in her chest and suddenly and with out warning hot tears sprang to her eyes, they fell down the soft black hairs of her face. Her vision blured. Oh how she missed her mother and her father, her friends and what it felt like to be safe and loved.
Her tears slowed her pace but she kept going, not careing where she was going only that she was going.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:27 am

A low rumble found its way out of the massive Kalten. He could sense the sadness rolling off in waves from the smaller Arab mare, and it hurt his gentle heart.
"I'm going to go after her... just to let her know she's welcome in my home. You can come if you want... I know how uncomfortable you are around Freedom," he murmured to Vision, then started off at a loping canter.

Eventually, he came within sight of the slow-moving Flint. Once he was a few feet behind her, he slowed to match her pace.
"Pardon me miss..." he spoke gently, attempting to get her attention fixed on him. The sorrow he felt hurt more close up.
Evander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:46 am

Flint heard the sounds of hooves. She thought about running but what did it mater. she slowed and came to a stop. Her large dark eyes wet and rimmed with tears looked intot he soft worried eyes of Kalton. She didn't say any words didn't have to; her sad eyes asked it all in a single glance.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:09 am

"I'm sorry to bother you, but... I just wanted you to know that my home is aways open to you. I know it won't be much of a family, as others tend to come and go, but... it's a place where you can feel safe, and wanted if you choose to stay."
Kalten slowed to a halt, starting to turn back.
"I wish you well in whatever you choose."
That said, he trotted back towards the Escarpment's edge.
Evander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:16 am

Flint stoped, had she heard right? she could leave when she wanted to? but she was safe and welcome to stay for now. Her tummy grumbled reminding her of how little she had eaten. And she could help look after the sick stranger too! Her small ears perked forward.
Lifting her head she started off after the big stallion who had so nicely come after her and told her she was welcome in his herd.
it would feel good to rest up for a few days, shed her shaggy winter coat and even fill her belly with some good food. Her belly grumbled again to seal that deal.
First thing she would do is check up on the stranger and go about finding him some snake reeds, they would help bring back his energy faster.
Feeling much better and her eyes now dry Flint felt like her old self again as she headed back for the valley,
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:01 am

Freedom looked up when he heard the hooves returning. He could hear the heavier hooves that came from the stallion but wasn't interested in that. He heard the soft light hooves of the mare. He looked towards them wondering if it was true. Freedom decided to get up and to walk over to the beautiful sound.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:06 am

For the first time, Vision noticed how massive Kalten was. How magnificent he was. He was so well built. She saw his shining coat in the sun beams under the trees. She got her focus and watched the injured horse drifting to sleep.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:08 am

Flint entered the sunlit meadow. She was shy, what if they didn't like her! she pushed past her fears and wondered over to the fallen stranger.
"How are you feeling?"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:11 am

Freedom looked up at the beautiful mare "Better then I was. The pains have stopped I am so glad about that." He examined the mare that was standing so close to him. "Your beautiful" He mumbled. "Woops did I say that outloud?" He bowed his head shyly.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:12 am

Vision sensed her dominance and started to pin her ears back at the newcomer. "And you are?" She asked firmly. She took one step towards the mare, avoiding the fallen horse.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:18 am

Flint nearly jumped ou of her shaggy hide at the sudden bite in the other mares voice. She lowered her head and backed off some, "I'm called Flint"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:19 am

Freedom looked at Flint. "I like your name. I'm Freedom." He told her kindly.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:26 am

Flint was again startled by another voice. But this was was kind. She looked at Freedome. "thank you and it's nice to meet you Freedome. How are you feeling?" She cast a shy glace at Vision, scared the other mare would attack her.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:29 am

Freedom looked up at the beautiful mare "Better then I was. The pains have stopped I am so glad about that." He examined the mare that was standing so close to him. "Your beautiful" He mumbled. "Woops did I say that outloud?" He bowed his head shyly.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:39 am

Flint suddenly forgot about Vision all together and staired dumbly at Freedome. How could he posably think that, her sides were thing, her coat rough and sheding...and yet..no she decided. he's just greatfull and is trying to find a way to thank me.
She smiled sweetly back at Freedom. "Don't worrie you'll beright as rain in no time and back to your old self!" she would not embaras the poor sick fellow any more.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:42 am

Freedom stared dumbly at the mares smile. "Umm... err" He stutted. He shook his head in embarassment. "That's good I guess. Are you staying with us?" He asked hoping she would. He didn't ever feel like this around a mare but somehow she was different.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:48 am

Flint suddenly remember Vision and in a softer lowered voice she said to freedome. " I don't think the lead mare here (she nodded twards Vision) wants me here so as much as I would like to stay I had probably better move on." She sounded sad as she finished that.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:55 am

Freedom looked towards Vision. He looked a little puzzled "I only believe that Kalten is boss around here." He frowned towards Vision. He looked back at the mare and his heart stopped "Please stay. As Kalten said you are welcome here." He looked towards Kalten and back again then smiled at Flint.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:02 am

Flint looked a little troubled as she looked between Kalton, Vision and Freedome. " I don't think that mare wants me to stay, and if I remember right it didn't seem that she wanted you to stay eihter."
Flint looked around again, "What will you be doing? will you stay here?"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:06 am

Freedom looked around to all 3 horses. "Yes I will stay." He looked over at Vision to see her evil eyes. He lowered his voice so only Flint could hear. "I will just ignore Vision. I have lived with her before but that is in the past. She might have changed from back then." He looked at Flint with careful eyes.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top