Red Sky at Night

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Red Sky at Night

Post  ForeverYoung on Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:19 pm

"Kalten... Where is he?" Vision stepped closer to the wolf, not trusting him too much. "I must find him." Vision began to get restless. She pawed the dirt that lay under the unstable pebbles.
ForeverYoung
Admin

View user profile http://gemstonemeadows.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander on Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:23 pm

Blackheart nodded solomnely, rising to his feet and shaking out his black pelt.
"He's gone where he goes every time sadness overtakes his heart. Follow me."
He turned, striding confidently into the narrow trail that lead deeper into the thick forest.
Evander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:26 pm

Vision followed the wolf with confidence, completely forgetting that it was a little strange to be acquaintances with a wolf. She ducked under the trees and picked her way carefully through the prickly bushes.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander on Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:33 pm

Blackheart kept up a decent trot through the bush, slower than normal since he could get in places Vision couldn't, and he was supposed to be her guide. Still, he could sense tension; he kept a healthy distance from her.
"I'm... glad you came," he admitted as they went, though his gaze did not find her. "I know what heartache is like, and Kalten's heart is softer than my own... he feels its sting more than I did when I lost my mate to the rapid waters at the edge of the territory."
Evander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:37 pm

Vision was quiet for a few moments. She was glad she came as well. She could not imagine the state that Kalten would be in. "I'm so sorry. I cannot imagine what it would have felt like to lose a loved one."
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander on Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:42 pm

"Such things are part of life, dear one," the wolf replied quietly, keeping his eyes forward. "But she is not gone; her physical body might be dead, but her spirit runs with me. This way, I am never alone. When I find a new mate, as she is encouraging me to do, she will pass on, only to visit in my dreams."
Blackheart was an oddly spiritual wolf, though there seemed to be either truth or coincidents to his words; beside him, a breeze stirred the leaves that covered to forest floor.
"Kalten is forgiving; when he sees you, all will be well again. Don't fret for what he's feeling now."
Evander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:45 pm

Vision was moved by his choice of words and by his personal feelings. She was still worried about the state that Kalten will most likely be in. She thought it might be best to keep quiet, hoping that she could be with him again soon.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander on Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:54 pm

The next few minutes were silent, Blackheart keeping an eye on where he was going. As time progressed, he finally slowed down to a stop. Up ahead, he could hear rain falling, though it had been clear when they'd first entered the forest. Kalten was... oh dear.
"Vision," Blackheart turned around abruptly, blocking her path for a moment. "Something is... happening up ahead. With Kalten. No matter what, you must not go to him right away. Stay out of the clearing until I give you the okay... otherwise you could be in danger. Kalten would never forgive himself if anything happened to you, so please don't give him reason to hate himself more than he does. Can you promise me that?"
Evander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:02 pm

Vision raised her head. She too heard the rain. "Is Kalten in trouble?!" She shouted. She stamped her foot, eager to get to Kalten as quickly as she could. Tears formed in her eyes. "What is going on?"
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:41 pm

"Shh," Blackheart hissed, turning his head around to stare back where they had been going for a moment. "Nothing is going on. There's no trouble, unless you enter the clearing where he is right now. Please... attempt to restrain yourself. You might see something miraculous."
Blackheart kept himself between Vision and the edge of the clearing as he crept closer, the rain coming down harder. He'd only ever seen this once before... Kalten was an amazing creature. Far more than met the eye for certain.

Kalten himself was standing in the center of a brilliant, emerald shaded clearing. He was totally soaked, his coat slicked down, and he was gazing up at the cloudy sky, just listening to the rain pound the ground. The ground actually seemed to glow slightly, light rising off the grass, glinting in time with ethereal music.
Quietly, Kalten's voice rose over the area...
"Outside on a winter's night, when the rain begins to fall... there's a chill in the air, and the howl of the wolves, and the rain beats at the door. Seven Kings will ride on the wind up towards the mountain high... and the only sound that will break the air is the warrior's bitter cry..." There was a brief pause, and his voice swelled with power, echoing through the woods. "When the dawn of a new sun will see the day, and the strongest hearts grow old... and the warrior stands on top of the hill in the snow..."
On que, the rain slowed, turning to thick puffs of snow, clinging to the emerald grasses already weighed down by water, the sky darkening, like sunset had come early, and his voice gentled again.
"Dark night with a glimmering light in the distance up ahead... in the forest they dwell, with a misty spell, no one hears what once was said... And the eagle fly through the clouds while the earth bleeds, dark and cold... when the voices of men shall ring out again, all creation shall unfold..." His voice rose again, the lights growing in intensity. "When the color of night will fade to light, and the weakest hearts grow cold...
and the warrior stands on top of the hill in the snow.
"And we're standing one and all fighting 'til we fall, hoping for a better day. Never giving in until we find the words, 'till we find the words to say, 'til we find the words to say.." The clouds overhead were churning as he sang, and when this phrase came about, a hole split in the center of the roiling mass, right overhead, into the night sky. A single star shone brightly there, casting brilliant blue light across the clearing. "Burning Starfire, shine in the sky for the lives of great men who stand by your side. When the night falls, on we will ride, for no lost souls will live on forever..."
This continued on for some time, his words seeming to resound in the very fabric of the life around him; the trees, the rocks, the grass... Blackheart could feel them in his soul. As every verse went on, the snow blew harder, and Starfire, the star that shone above them, grew brighter, and Kalten's voice intensified until it felt, to those present, like they might be hearing the voice of the Gods.
When it came to the last verse, the ground tremoured in time with Kalten's voice, though it was not in protest; the sheer power of the equine's words resounded in the very core of the Twilight Escarpment, his home... it wasn't even just a home; it was a part of him. He was a part of it.
"And we're standing one and all, fighting 'til we fall, hoping for a better day. Never giving in 'til we find the words, 'til we find the words to say... 'til we find the words to say;
"Burning Starfire, shine in the sky for the lives of great men who stand by your side. When the night falls, on we stagger, for no lost souls will live on forever..." Starfire's light impacted the ground, throwing the fallen snow into the air, causing Kalten's mane and tail to fly upwards, suspended in the energy. "No lost souls will live on forever..."
Starfire clouded over, the light that rose from the ground swirling around Kalten, entering his lungs when he inhaled deeply. His ultramarine eyes glowed with the same energy that the star had emitted, and there was no longer any trace of snow present on the ground, despite knowing it had fallen. Rain had taken is place again, briefly, before the sky cleared again.
"Kalten, my friend," Blackheart called gently. "Why so sad?"
Radiating energy still, Kalten turned to Blackheart's voice, but his glowing gaze found Vision; he stared with wide eyes, not realizing she had been here, and chagrin flooded his mind.
"I thought my heart's other half had left me... and it appears I was mistaken." His voice, while calmed now, still had that mystical quality to it... almost like there was more than one speaker in a single vessel. "Vision..."
Evander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:48 pm

Vision has still in shock. What had just happened was miraculous. "Kalten." Vision took a few steps towards him. Her eyes filled with tears. She did not want to get too close incase he did not fully trust her as much as he did. "I'm so sorry. I had no idea you would be so punctured." Vision lowered her head to the ground, trying effortlessly to keep back the tears. It was almost impossible. She instantly let out a short cry, enough for Kalten and Blackheart to hear. She was so embarrassed, but at least they knew that she felt horrible. She looked up, not caring if her cheeks were stained with the cold tears.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander on Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:08 pm

Kalten stepped forward, barely making noise on the springy turf, pressing his nose to the side of Vision's neck. A low hum rumbled in his throat, an oddly comforting sound.
"Vision... don't be sad. It was a simple misunderstanding. It's all right..." his resonating voice was soothing, if nothing else, reassuring Vision of the truth in his words. "Please don't be sad..."
Evander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:16 pm

Vision had never heard such a pleasant voice in her life. It was so comforting, so hypnotizing. Vision lay her head on the side of Kalten's neck. "I really am sorry..." She whispered. She looked over towards Blackheart. "Thank you, you are a very loving friend." Vision smiled, tears still formed in her eyes.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander on Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:20 pm

Blackheart nodded once, and it was the only response Vision would get. Again, close to him, the breeze stirred the ground, and he followed it, giving his old and new friend some privacy.
"I'm sorry too," Kalten murmured, pulling back slightly so his glowing ultramarine gaze could peer deeply in to Vision's. "I shouldn't overreact like that."
Evander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Flint waited and paced back and forth wondering what was takeing Vision so long. She looked over to where Diable was waiting wiht Evening. Again she was struck by how beautiful in such a flawless way Evening was. She glanced shyly at Freedome, knowing he has to be affected by her beauty.
She paced some more, eager to be on her way.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:47 pm

Diablo gently groomed Evening while waiting for the others. He looked back at Flint, she was a beautiful mare too just like evening. He nickered softly to Evening and continued down her back. His dun coat shone in the moonlight, the spot on his eye dissapearing in the darkness and soft rain began to fall, He looked to Evening asking softly if she wanted to find cover.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:36 pm

Evening lifted her small nose into the air and breathed inthe sweet sent of the first falling drops of rain. "yes shelter sounds good but not till I have run around this meadow in the falling rain at least once!" She gave palyfull kick at Disablo before lifting her tail and running to the open ground.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:03 pm

Diablos eyes followed her fluid movements in awe, She was so beautiful and she had no clue. He felt his heart flutter but quickly pushed his feelings aside knowing that Evening was not yet ready to have a mate. He rested a back leg and just watched her letting the light rain fall on him darkening his dun coat, and making his mane stick to his neck and tail to his back leg. he didnt mind.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:52 am

Freedom waited for Flint to answer if she would like him to be near her. He wasn't sure if she would mind or not.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:30 am

Flint moved under the bows of a large pine tree with Freedome. "So will you come wiht us when we leave?"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:32 am

Freedom looked at her as he said "Depends if I will be in your way."
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:37 am

"in my way?....WAHT!! where did that come from!" Flint spun and faced Freedome she stomped her hoofe, she was getting up set and he wasnt makeing sence to her now.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:38 am

Freedom looked at her "Well... if I'm not your mate, I don't want to get in your way of you finding one." watching her he lowered his head and took a mouthful of grass.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:58 pm

"Mate??" Flint looked confused....."Ummm Freedome you never talked to me about any of that, I'm not going to guess....one min. I feel like your pushing me away and want me to go, the next you want me to stay...you claim to be my friend but but but MATE?"
She tilted her head to the side a bit in a look of pure confustion.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Fri May 01, 2009 9:07 pm

Vision looked into Kalten's deep, kind eyes. "It won't happen again, I swear." Vision was still feeling guilty. She thought it would be best to start heading back, knowing that the others were probably getting impatient. "I just have to let the others know I am not going to travel with them." Vision trotted off into the heavy mist. "I'll be back." She said in an echoey voice. She galloped as fast as her legs could carry her through the weaving trees. She saw a small group up ahead. She guessed it was them. She galloped up to Flint, not knowing how upset confused she was. Vision's face was lit with excitement. All of a sudden, the depression caught her as well. She guessed something was not right. "What's going on?" She asked. She looked at Freedom and Flint, not knowing what to think.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top