Red Sky at Night

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Red Sky at Night

Post  ShannaraFox on Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:48 pm

"Are you ok Vision? you look like maybe your a bit upset?" In truth Flint was a wee bit up set too, she could not make heads or tails of her life or feelings. it was all so sudden and she didn't know what Freedme thought.
She was glad for Vision's company and looked at her with bright eyes for what she would say/
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:00 pm

"Things are just happening to quickly. I've looked for Kalten, I can't find him anywhere..." Vision raised her head, turning her head, just incase she might've seen a shadow. Vision also looked at Flint with bright eyes. She was so glad she finally had someone to talk to without being embarrassed.
ForeverYoung
Admin

View user profile http://gemstonemeadows.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:07 pm

Flint took a deep breath, "I'm so sorry you can't find Kalton. That's not good." She looked around. "Vision? I think I'm going to leave this place and go some wehre where I can join a herd, or if things don't work for Freedome and I I can then find a mate." She looked into Vision's eyes waiting for her answr.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:09 pm

Vision was stunned. She only blinked once or twice. She looked deeply into Flint's eyes. "Don't leave. You can't. What if Kalten never shows up again?" Vision was starting to think of all the negatives. Not that there were any positives.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:18 pm

"Come with me!" Flint said her eyes shining brightly! "You maybe could use the time away...clear you head and hear your real thoughts. What if Kalton is not right for you? What if Freedome is not right for me?" She looked at Vision wiht hopefull dark eyes. "I know that Diablo and the pretty grey mare Evening are going to be leaving soon.....I'm planning on going wiht them. Will you come?"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:27 pm

Vision looked around, not replying at first. She lowered her head, her eyes filled with tears. She nodded sadly. She nudged Flint towards the other direction. Towards the other horses. She watched Flint walk off. Vision hesitated for a moment, thinking that Kalten might be somewhere. No. He wasn't. Vision picked up a trot towards Flint. She supposed this was the beginning of their newest journey.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:39 pm

Flint walked off, she kept her setps slow, she knew this was not going to be easy to talk to Freedome about, in fact she was dreading it!
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:37 am

Freedom saw Flint and Vision come out of the woods. His face lit up automaticly seeing Flint. He smiled a little with embarassment.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:41 am

Flight saw his smile, and she smiled back too, but it was softer and quieter this time then the normal smile she usually put on.
She greeted him warmly and looked at Diablo. "Diablo? Would you be ok if I acompany you and Evening on your travles?"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:43 am

Vision came up beside Flint. "Me too..." Vision hesitated as she said this. Her heart was broken, but it was for the best. She was never going to forget Kalten, but at least she is partly away from him. She saw the smile that was lit on Freedom's face. It saddened Vision to see him so excited, especially after he was going to be abandoned.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:45 am

Diablo smiled warmly, I would be honored if you all were to join me,, bowing his head slightly. will Freedom be coming along?
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:48 am

Vision let herself within Diablo's sight range. She calmly swung her head from side to side, hoping he would know what she meant.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:50 am

Flint looked back at him....she was wondering at his answer too, worried since he said he didnt' want lands of his onw, maybe he would feel to scared to leave..
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:52 am

Diablo saw Visions gesture and knew what she meant, He hoped that for his sake Freedom would come along to avoid any fights among himself and Freedom, he may think Diablo was trying to steal Flint from him. He looked from flint to freedom waiting for his answer
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:20 am

Freedom looked at Flint "Would you like me to come?" he asked Flint. He looked towards Vision then Diablo and then Evening.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:57 am

Vision turned her head to the side. She really didn't mind. She just wanted Flint to be happy. And of course the other travelers. She didn't think they would mind either. She gave Freedom a kind look, showing him that she didn't mind. She looked towards Flint, wondering what her reaction would be...
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:40 am

Kalten had been gone for hours, slipping away again during the incident with Flint, though not to get away from the horses that seemed constantly encroaching on his land.
Deep in the heart of the thickest forest glade, accessable by a single narrow pathway, that dwelled in the very center of the Escarpment, grew an extraordinary plant. By some means or another, its soft petals looked like light blue crystal, dull by day, but glittered amazingly in the light of the full moon. Kalten had happened upon this place, so very difficult to get to, when he was exploring in the early days here, with his close predator friend Blackheart.
Although Blackheart was a wolf, a monstrous one at that, he and Kalten had become very close friends when the equine, of his own expense, saved the wolf's life. As a general rule of their friendship, Blackheart hunted only deer or smaller creatures, anything distinctly non-equine, in return allowed to stay in the Escarpment range, where he was safer from other wolves taking advantage of the terrain. The both of them worked to protect the place, learning its secrets, the hidden alley ways in and out, as well as the very beautiful scenery that was hidden away in nooks that were almost impossible to find.
The journey to that glade where the crystalline flower grew was long and arduous, but he'd wanted to share the flower's beauty with his own great beauty... with Vision. With the wolf's help, he'd carefully excavated one of the blooms, a young one, and brought it back to the mane living area of the Escarpment.
The light blue petals touched the ground, barely disturbing the turf there. Kalten stared across the field, Vision and company across the way, from his hiding place beneath the trees, Blackheart sitting beside him. Both were expressionless, but as Vision and others were upwind of him, the breeze brought their words to his sensitive ears, as well as the wolf's.
"She's leaving?" Blackheart asked, not looking up. The pain he could see in Kalten's gaze was overwhelming, as Blackheart also knew that pain. The very river Kalten had rescued him from had claimed his mate, and losing one's other half, your soul's duet... it was unbearable.
"It may be for the best," Kalten replied quietly, turning away, leaving the flower on the ground, unplanted. "This is no place for anyone to stay for any length of time, least of all with me."
Blackheart watched him disappear back into the trees, taking it upon himself to replant the little, unoffending bloom in the ground again. These were resiliant; it would bloom here for years to come, forever marking the place that Kalten intended to bury his heart.
The wolf lifted his head, his sorrowful cry echoing across the land, an expression of loss for himself, and for his nearest, dearest, friend. The howl lasted a good fourty-five seconds, though the echoes that came back off the mountains made it seem all the longer. He, too, disappeared after Kalten, though unlike the massive equine, he left no prints to mark his presence to the heartbreak he'd seen. Hopefully, Vision might come this way again, find this flower surrounded by Kalten's hoof prints and find him... find him and heal the one part of him that only she could.
Evander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:32 am

Vision heard the howl. She recognized it. She opened her eyes, looking behind her suspiciously. Oh Kalten... Vision had a weird feeling he was nearby, It was the connection that brought them together. Vision raised her head, knowing the wolf could not be too far away. She let out a piercing whinny, she heard the echo soon after. Vision spun around, looking through the dark trees. "Wait for me." Vision told Flint. She trotted energetically to where the sound had come from.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:56 am

Diablo stood silently there watching and listening, knowing that Flint and Freedom needed time he nodded to them and backed away to give them privacy and a moment together he was in no big rush to leave at all. He lifted his head and looked for Evening, she had dissapeared quietly again without his notice, she was good. smelling the air, trying to catch her scent, her sweet smell wafted into his nostrils, she was not far just beyond the trees by the water. He ambled in the direction of her scent hoping to find her.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:05 pm

Flint looked at Freedom, she felt the confusing emotions flood her mind making clear thought hard. "Umm" She started out dumbly "I'm going to travel with them for a time, maybe find a herd a like to settle into." She seemed to loose her words for a moment. "will you becoeming along? or staying here with Kalton?"
She heard the howl and watched as Vision raced off, she would wait for her friend. Diably didn't seem to be in any hurry. She looked back to Freedome waitnig on his answer.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:58 pm

Vision came to the lake, her hooves slipping under the small pebbles. She looked around for Kalten, almost sure he would be here. He wasn't. Vision found a flower by the water. Vision walked up to it, nudging it softly. "Oh Kalten." Vision raised her head, alert that she had to find Kalten. She let out another whinny, calling him to come back. It was almost impossible he wouldn't hear her. Wolves have very good hearing anyway. Vision turned around, back to the small group, her eyes were filled with worry and suspense.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:35 pm

Freedom looked at Flint "Would you want me to come with you? I mean... It wouldn't bother you would it? If it does I will leave and never come back." He stepped closer to Flint "I still love you. You will always be in my heart though." He looked her in the eyes trying to tell what she would be thinking. Would she want him to go with her? Or would she tell him to leave?
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander on Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:56 pm

Blackheart was verily invisible to anyone, hidden deep in the thick underbrush of the forest that lined the river, where Vision stood. Kalten had been alone so long, it couldn't be allowed that his other half be allowed to leave... but at this point, with only a wolf to speak for him, she may run in terror at the sight of him.
But he had to try.
The monstrous black wolf stepped from the shade, veridian eyes surveying Vision carefully. There was no sign of aggression in his stance, and he immediately sat down when he came within her range of hearing. He didn't want to startle her.
"Greetings," he said softly. "You must be Vision."
Evander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:05 pm

Vision spun around at the unfamiliar voice. As soon as she saw the wolf, she froze. She did not blink, she did not swish her tail. She was frozen. She let out a small nod, letting him know that it was her. She still held the flower in her delicate, bristled lips. She dropped it to the ground, letting down her head, making sure that it was not dented. "Yes." She stuttered. She relaxed slightly. Not all wolves meant harm, but most did. "Tell me one thing, do you have an intention to attack me...?" Vision stood her ground, taking her chances.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander on Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:14 pm

Blackheart smiled, not showing his teeth; it was a friendly gesture, so as not to scare her.
"Attack you, my dear, would be the biggest betrayal of a friend's trust I could ever make. Our mutually beneficial friendship dictates that I may not hunt horses, and that I help protect this land. In return, Kalten and I live hear peacefully as equals, against our natures. I knew you'd come this way if I howled... I stayed here to lead you to where Kalten has gone."
Evander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top