Red Sky at Night

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Red Sky at Night

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:37 pm

Vardin saw her move and decided that he would move to. He took a step side ways and stood on another twig making it crack.'Crap' He thought.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:41 pm

Kalten's ears flattened momentarily.
"They can try. I've run out far worse things than them." His ears came forward and his voice gentled. "I'm not from around here originally. I was born far to the north, in a place where the snow covers the ground for far longer than it does here."
He turned at the sound of the twig snapping, but didn't show any aggression... yet.
"Yes... I heard it."
Evander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:45 pm

Vision looked towards Kalten with interest. "You are really fascinating, you know?" She pricked her ears and walked over to him. "You're probably the first who has caught my attention..." Vision was in a daydream, she shook her head and searched for the creature that made the large crack. Well, she found him... "You, what are you doing back here?" She looked at Freedom and layed her ears back in fury. "You are not welcome here!" She prepared to rear up and lash at him.
ForeverYoung
Admin

View user profile http://gemstonemeadows.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:48 pm

Freedom thought to himself that if he didn't step out soon Kalten might get angry. He took a deep breath. "It's only me, Freedom" He nickered softly stepping away out of the trees. "I heard you two talking I didn't want to interupt." Freedom told them
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:59 pm

Vision turned to Kalten. This was his responsibility now. She still had her ears binned back. She trotted over to Kalten and hid behind him. She twinkled her eye at him, without meaning to. Was Vision developing feelings for Kalten? She wasn't sure. She had certainly not felt this way before.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander on Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:04 am

Kalten rumbled slightly, though it sounded comforting rather than menacing. He felt oddly protective of this mare, though he didn't even know her name.
"Hey, hey," Kalten said soothingly to Vision, trying to calm her. "He hasn't caused any trouble... yet."
Even though he spoke up for Freedom, he still didn't seem as... open as he had before the other stallion had taken off. His offer was still on the table, but his trust had been shaken. He'd be keeping a close eye on Freedom for a good long while before it was restored.
Evander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:07 am

"Vision, my name is Vision.." Vision could not take her eyes off Kalten or Freedom for some bazaar reason. She felt this magnetic force between her and Kalten. She whispered in a low voice, "Kalten ,I don't trust him. I have had past dealings with him that do not need to be mentioned, but I do not feel comfortable with him here..."
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:14 am

Freedom didn't understand this. Just because he had run off after Crystal they don't want him around anymore? That couldn't be right. "Vision what are you talking about? All I want is company... and this is what happens? I just wanted the other mare to be safe. To feel safe like you want." Freedom was trying to keep calm. He stopped talking to take a few deep breaths. "All I wanted was her to feel safe." He put his head down to the ground.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:17 am

"Don't go there Freedom, I'm warning you. I do not like to put up a threat, but this is beyond what I can take..." Vision walked up to Freedom steadily and got uncomfortably close to him.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:23 am

Freedom collapsed to the ground. His legs were feeling fine just then. What just happened? he wondered to himself. He looked up to see Vision near him. He starred at her wanting to know what she will do. Will she hurt me? He tried to get up but his legs couldn't hold him and he collapsed again. This time he let out a big sigh.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander on Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:23 am

Kalten strode forward, stepping between the two other horses.
"Hey. Knock it off, the both of you."
Kalten kept his voice low enough so only Vision could hear, though his mind was tripping over itself again. Something about her presence fuddled his brain with a feeling that was as foreign to him as the bottom of the ocean. But still... he enjoyed it.
"I'll keep a close eye on him... he'll get to you over my dead body. I promise."
His promise was a good one; he was large enough to enforce his rules. His voice rose again so Freedom could hear.
"I understand the sentiment, Freedom, but such actions could bring trouble here. I'm only one stallion, and this land is all I have. I don't want an aggressive herd coming here, trying to root me out. If you're going to stay here, you'll have to learn to think the entire situation through and how it will effect everyone here, not just yourself."
Evander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:29 am

Vision was surprised at his reaction. She turned around as she felt Kalten's eyes beating on her. She smiled to herself and turned around, attempting to keep herself under control. She couldn't help it, again, she looked straight at Kalten. She managed to tear herself away from him and gave a sneaky look to Freedom. "Watch yourself..."
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:31 am

Freedom thought about it for a second then noded to Kalten. All of a sudden he couldn't move. He slowly rolled onto his side and just layed there hoping the pains would go away. He closed his eyes and let out a painful whinny "I want the pains to go!" He layed there for another minute and opened his eyes again. What was happening to me?....
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:04 am

Lost, so lost and lonely. While being alone had never bothered her before haveing it forced apon ones self was quite damaging. Flint hung her head, she had been sure she heard horses some where not too far. The thought of other horses lifted her spirits, but only a little. the pain of loosing her mother and father, her friends....the whole herd. It happend so fast she never even had time to say good bye. "I shold have stayed in the herd!" She scolded her self. But that was not the truth of it, had she been in the herd that day and not playing around that bever dam she too would have been rounded up and had painfull brands burnt onto her sides.
She looked back at her sides and shook head. She looked a mess. Her usually sleek slate gray hide was a mess of multi colored winter hairs that she had not taken the time to roll off. She had been so lost with out her herd that she had travled day after day, not looking but just wondering in a dull sort of daze. She had taken very little time to feed and her sides were thin. some age old feeling made her follow a whiff of a horse on the breeze, it would be there and gone but enough that it had led her to this valley.
And now here at last she stood, alone and travle weary her bright eyes takeing in this beautiful place. Her small ears that were nearly hidden by her thick black forlock pointed forward to catch all the sounds. She was scared....she had never been around other herds, and her father had always been there for her, he kept her safe. would it be hard to mingle into a new herd? would she have to fight? would the stallion be crule or gentle? What if she didn't like it? could she leave? Questions raced though her mind....
She watched as two stallions greeted each other, there was no fight and a tight knoght around her heart lessoned some what. Some ways away she watched a shy mare edge her way into the clearing, Flint watched with eager eyes, wanting to see how horses acted when getting to know each other.
Flint was very confused when the mare bolted and ran, and then terrer raced though her veins as one of the stallions bolted off after her! Why the brute! She thought. She flattened her ears and stomped one of her dark hooves. No wonder that mare was shy.
But then she watched in aw as another mare entered the valley and walked smoothly up to the remaining stallion. The reaction here was quite differant. Flint watched them for a time, finaly she shook her head, this other mare acted like her mother would do twards her father months before she ended up with a baby brother or sister.
Movement from the trees brought her attation, she watched the 1st stallion come back. She noted that his steps were slow, sluggish even.
The 2nd strange mare seemed very up set by him, first hiding then nearly attacking! Truly Flint did not under stand more worldy horses!
Then in horrer she watched as the 2nd stallion crumpled to the ground before the funny acting mare!
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:16 am

Her fear forgotten, she turned and bolted down the hill side, branches reached out to grab her, weeds and over grown shrubs grabbed at her legs and the very rocks and ground under her hooves tried to make her slip and fall in her haist. Her sides heaving and in a rush of dust and grass and her own shedding winter coat hairs she slid to a stop next to the down stallion.
She softly put her nose by his and smelled his breath....frear raced though her blood. Bad water! He would die if he didn't get the proper herbs! The germs were spreading fast....but there was still time.
She looked at the other stallion and the mare. "The Heart Leaf! do they grow in this valley? they will always be near cool water where there is plenty of shade. And snake reeds?" Flind asked, still qutie out of breath "Speak and quickly, for his very life depends on this!"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:25 am

Freedom was still laying there not able to move. "They won't care" He mumbled. He closed his eyes again. He remembered all the things that had happened this morning. The beautiful mare he tried to save. He wished he could be with her living life and having fun. Her beautiful voice. The sound of her hooves when the were galloping. He reopened his eye's "There is a river around 7 minutes of galloping away from here" Freedom told the mare in a whisper. "I'm not sure if the stuff you need will be there." He could only mumble now.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:36 am

"mare? another herd?" Flint looked at Vision and Kalten. "what's he talking about? we must get him these herbs and quick!"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:39 am

Freedom looked shocked "How did you her all that? They were my thoughts! Did I really say the outloud?" Looking dizzy his head fell back to the ground. "I'm so out of it.... I think I might sleep" He slurred the last word going into unconsousness.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:50 am

"Wake him!" Flint ordered. She could sent a stream, didn't know how far it was but the faint smell of damp earth and ferns was there.
With out waiting for a reply she bolted off. She cursed her short legs, she never seemed fast enough when ever she needed to run.
Not slowing a bit she siz zaged though the trees, ducking her head under branches that grabed at her think blowing main, she made a headlong charge for what she hoped would be a large enough streem.
In her rush to save this strange stallion she had forgotten her fear of other horses, all that mattered was a life...She lept a fallen tree, a sharp branch caught her and cut her deeply up her hind leg, she felt the cut, the pain but paied it no mind.
Then there at last, she could hear it, the faint gurlgle of a stream! Now if only the Heart Leafe and Snake Reed grew down here....
Breefly she thought about what the stranger had mumbled,.....a mare? another herd? did they have the needed herbs?
Suddenly it hit her, The mare! the shy mare that had run off. Perhaps if the herbs were not here that mare would know where to find them!
Flint made up her mind to look for the shy mare, if she was near or could be found.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:51 am

Vision begun to worry. She knew that Freedom was in real pain. She was not a bad mare, she just got easily mad. She lay down beside him and nuzzled him comfortingly. She looked up at Kalten and then back at Freedom. "Alright, he can stay with us, I'm still not happy with it though..."
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:57 am

Flint was running so fast she nearly jumped the stream before she relized it was there. Her keen eyes and nose went to work right away looking for the needed herbs. Her mind went back to the fallen stallion, were the other two trying to wake him? He would have to wake to eat the herbs....
Oh she hoped it was not too late....her heart did a leap as there nearly hidden by a large wet log was a patch of Heart Leaves!
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:01 am

Faintly he could her the mare's voice to wake him? What did that mean? The I could hear the pounding of a horses hooves running away and getting fainter. He could feel a horse beside him then. She was warm, very warm. He liked it that he could feel the warmth. Everything had gotten coldier when he collapsed. He heard her say that he could stay. "Thank-you" He murmured softly not sure if she could hear him at all.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:38 am

grabbing up as much of the Heart Leafe as she could Flint ran back for the meadow and the down stallion.
She got back, her sides were heaving and she was very out of breath. She walked up to the strangers head, noted with a good feeling that this other mare had take the time to try to wake him.
Flint put the cool leaves by his nose. When he didn't respond she gently pawed at him with a hoof to wake him....
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:43 am

Freedom could feel something hitting him but wasn't sure of what it was. He tried to respond by moving but couldn't instead he tried to speak. "W-what? why are you hitting me?" He was mumbling but it was slurred.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:11 am

"Please stranger, you must eat these leaves! you will feel better!" She pawed him again. "Please hear me and eat." Flint whinnied into his ear to try and wake him...
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top