Red Sky at Night

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Red Sky at Night

Post  Evander on Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:59 pm

Sure, he didn't have much to be proud of... he was alone. He had nobody. But he did have a nice plot of land to call his own... it was a start.
The sun was setting, nestling into its cradle in the west, casting brilliant rays of red, orange and gold across his home. The escarpment and surrounding land lit up beautifully, looking like a sea of liquid fire that didn't burn, didn't destroy... it was just there, breath taking and glorious.
Kalten stood in this very spot every twilight of a sunny day. There was no better time to get a view of his home than now. Standing at the top of the ridge, looking over the foliage of the valley below him that made up the whole of his territory... painfully aware of just how alone he was in this vast place.
He sighed wearily, though he was not physically tired. It was more of an emotional fatigue... so long by yourself could be trying. More than anything right now, Kalten longed for a friend.
Evander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Red Sky at Night

Post  LoveWildHorses on Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:13 pm

Freedom wonders alone trying to find someone to talk to. He looks around but yet no sign of any other horses. He keeps walking in the same direction when he comes across a track of hoof prints. He decides to follow them and see what horse he comes across. While he is following them he catches a glimps of a horse standing by themself. He backs up and looks at the horse. Watching every move. He finds that the horse is a stallion and he is not sure if he should go up to him. Just incase he wants to fights him off.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:16 am

Vision saw 2 specks in the distance. She had had a long and harsh trip. She had left her previous herd for the stallion was much too aggressive. She was hoping she would have some luck, for she had no more energy. She took a few more steps until she knew she was spotted, then she stood still and dropped her head.
ForeverYoung
Admin

View user profile http://gemstonemeadows.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:42 am

A light breeze picked up, stirring the dust coated grasses, and bringing with it some new smells. Kalten's ears perked up, his deep blue eyes scanning the lands behind him until he spotted the two new arrivals.
A friendly, perhaps slightly shy too, smile formed, turning slowly so as not to frighten them. Most stallions would chase another off their land, but Kalten was a gentle giant; he was never the first offender when it came to aggression. If the other stallion proved to be hostile, only then would he run them off. Otherwise, horses were free to come and go as they pleased, as long as they respected his authority, which he never really flaunted anyways. In a way, the Twilight Escarpment, with its dangers many in and of itself, was neutral turf, and offered a place of refuge for anyone who needed it. Kalten would not tolerate fighting on his land, and he was large enough to stop anyone who tried.
Of course, these two were probably very unaware of these facts, but he kept a non-offensive stance, approaching the closer of the two, the other stallion, with caution.
"Warm greetings," he called when he was close enough. "What brings you to my home on this beautiful evening?"
Evander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:59 pm

Vision spun around a few times noticing that the stallion took much interest in her appearance. She also knew that this could be dangerous, she just needed a place to stay and rest without being alone. She strode a little closer to the stallion. She stopped occasionally to test if he was really safe or if he was bluffing. As soon as Vision came a little more over the hill, she noticed the other stallion. She stopped instantly without making another movement, knowing that she had been seen by the other stallion. She back a few steps then stood firmly.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:02 pm

Freedom saw the stallion approching with caution. He didn't look like he would fight. 'I hope he doesn't want to' Freedom thought. The stallion spoke them. "warm greetings" He said kindly. "What brings you to my land on the fine evening?" He seemed nice enough to talk to. "Hello..." Freedom whispered "I was just wondering the land hoping to find someone to stay with." Freedom looked up the hill to see the mare standing there watching us. "I see you have a mare already.... I will not fight for her I just want company" While Freedom said this he was hoping the stallion would let him stay. Just wishing this would not be a fight.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander on Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:20 pm

Kalten's smile warmed considerably. The opposite stallion was polite, and not aggressive; he had a feeling they'd get along well.
"My land is open to all who wish to stay... as long as there's no fighting. I will not hesitate to run you out if I find you causing trouble." His eyes strayed to the mare, who was approaching with a lot more caution than he had. "There's no need to stir up anything over her; I have no claim on her, nor would I seek to impose one. I don't want to have a place where anyone feels opressed. As I said, anyone is welcome to come and go as they please."
Kalten rose his voice slightly for the final sentence so that it would carry to the mare. She looked rather haggard to him, and he was sure she could use some rest.
"I'm Kalten by the way."
Evander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:30 pm

Freedom looked at the mare again while Kalten spoke. She looked very curious of us. Freedom looked back to Kalten "I'm Freedom". He thought the other stallion looked very strong and he wouldn't want to get in the way of him if he got angry. "I hope this all goes well" Freedom mumbled more to himself. He approched the stallion in a walk to test if the stallion would let him. He didn't seem to react much. Freedom started grazing in the open land. He didn't keep an eye on Kalten incase he would do anything. Freedom wasn't worried.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE: Red Sky At Night

Post  HorseyChikk on Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:55 pm

Crystal stood in the forest. she slowly walked around, hoping to find another horse. She had been walking for days, and she hadnt had anything to eat, as the only thing around was the poisonous ferns. She sighed and kept walking. She thought she saw a horse or more in the distance, so she slowly walked closer. She didnt wanna get too close, as she was beware of stallions that were too agressive towards her
HorseyChikk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:01 pm

A big gust of wind blew towards Freedom. He sniffed in and caught a scent he has never come across. He was sure it was a mare as it didn't smell like the stallions he had come across. 'Who could be travelling all the way out here' He wondered. He drifted slowly toward the scent that smelt so good. Suddenly he stopped. The scent was really close now. He looked around with care and spotted something that moved. "H-hello?" Freedom called out.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HorseyChikk on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:03 pm

'H- Hello?' Crystal softly spoke. She took a step forward, so her head could be seen from out of the trees. She looked at the two stallions in shock. She took a step back and said 'Are you friend or foe?' she looked to her either side and nervously re-took the step forward
HorseyChikk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:06 pm

Freedom saw the beautiful mare for the first time. "Wow your beautiful" woops I wasn't suppose to say that outloud thought Freedom. "We won't hurt you. Well... atleast I won't. Where have you travelling from?" Freedom tried to sound friendly to the mare that he saw standing there scared. 'I hope I didn't scare her' Freedom thought to himself.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HorseyChikk on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:08 pm

Crystal took another step forward. ' Ive been travelling for days. I dont know where i am, but i came from the valley of the east.' Crystal put her head down. 'The stallion was too agressive, so i left. Im hungry, im tired and i need a place to sleep and rest. Would i be accepted to stay with you both?" Crystal asked in a shy voice
HorseyChikk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:15 pm

Freedom took a few steps towards the mare trying not to scare her. "You may stay with us if you don't cause trouble." He looked towards the other stallion that was standing there. "Neither of us stallions like fighting. We don't like any trouble either." Freedom turned his back on the mare to walk back to the grass he was grazing at. He turned his head side ways to see the mare behind him. "Are you coming?"
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HorseyChikk on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:18 pm

'yes, im coming' Crystal said and took a few more steps forward. She got really nervous. 'Where are we going?' Crystal asked. She didnt really care where they were going, but she wanted to ask, just to make sure that they wouldnt head off to the east. The stallion of the herd Crystal once called home would be waiting for her. Crystal panicked and cantered next to Freedom
HorseyChikk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:24 pm

Freedom looked at Cyrstal and saw the panick in her eyes. "Calm down no one will hurt you." He nickered at her neck. "I will protect you." He kept on walking and remembered that she asked where we were going. "We are going to the grass where I was grazing until I caught your scent." Freedom looked back at Crystal wondering what the other stallion did that she was so frightened of. I better not ask he thought. He kept walking then he heard something behind them. He slowed down so he could turn. "hmm.... I thought I heard something."
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HorseyChikk on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:29 pm

Crystal sharply looked behind. She took a few steps forward and turned around, light on her feet. What if its Raph? What if its him? what if it wants me? 'i cant do this!' Crystal said. She reared and cantered off, away from the forest. the fear in her eyes. She cantered down the hill and stopped when she saw her herd. She panicked.
HorseyChikk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:37 pm

Freedom looked towards where Crystal had cantered off. "I have to follow her" he said outloud. Freedom got into a full on gallop following the scent of the mare. He saw her in the distance frozen like ice. He wondered why she was frozen. Freedom came up beside her and reared into the air as he saw the herd. "Follow me" He told her trying to nudge her the other way. She was still frozen. "Come on I will protect you!" Anger in his voice now. "You will be safe with me I promise" He looked back to the herd and saw that a few of the mares had realised them.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:53 pm

Vision was happy that she was not the only mare who had come to greet the small herd. She had also noticed the herd was slowly increasing. Vision was happy that there were no threats to fight yet, but you can never get too comfortable on the first day. Vision took her chances and walked up to the lead stallion. She touched his nose as she flared her nostrils.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander on Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Kalten watched Freedom gallop off after the other mare that had made a brief appearance, shaking his head slightly in disapproval. Going that way was probably very bad idea, but it wasn't his business; he wasn't keeping anyone under lock and key here.
The first mare surprised him slightly, boldly walking up to him and placing her nose against his. He stared at her dumbly for a moment before clearing his throat and speaking.
"Uh.. hi? I'm.... I'm Kalten. This is my home."
Evander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:39 pm

Vision smiled to herself. She had never had anyone stutter to her before. She lifted up her tail and trotted proudly in a circle around him, observing him closely. "Boy, that was an immature act wasn't it, weren't they headed straight for the sugar canes?" She stopped for a moment looking at him wondering if he was comfortable for her to join the herd.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander on Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:49 pm

Kalten watched Vision parade around him as best he could, but he was still a little slow feeling. It was odd for him, to have his sharp mind screech to a halt like this. He tried shaking it off, and it worked... to an extent. The feeling didn't entirely leave him.
"By the looks of things, yes... and you're right, it was pretty immature. Nothing good can come of this... if they bring conflict here, they won't be welcome again."
Evander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:52 pm

"Be prepared that they will indeed come back with a herd and I presume they will be looking for a fight whoever wants this land..." Vision did not like to speak of this, but she felt she had to warn him. He would have already known any how. "Which herd were you born in?" She asked enthusiastically. She lowered her head to try the unfamiliar grass. She Took one mouthful, and then another, and another and another.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:23 pm

Just as they were talking Vardin walked up behind a tree. He suddenly stopped wondering if he should come out from behind the tree. Not wanting to disturb the other 2 horses. He just stood there wondering what had happened. Trying to get the memories out of his mind.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:32 pm

Vision heard a twig snap. "That was sooner than I expected." She spun around and peered through the forest. She swore she saw movement. She nudged Kalten. "You did hear that right?" She looked around, the whites of her eyes showing. She stepped forward looking behind any trees.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top