Horse of a Different color

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Horse of a Different color

Post  GhostHorse on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:02 am

Disante Picked his way throught the thick forest, His massive body narrowly fitting through some gaps twigs and leavs tangling into his heavy feathering and his thick long mane and tail. He cursed them for they shone white under the moon but his Dark coat dissapeeared into the darkness. He didnt know how he came to be in this forrest but it was not a welcoming place but that did not bother him. As he came to a small trickle of water he dropped his head and took small sips as to not drink the small pebbles that lined the small stream. Lifting his head he heard a branch crack not too far off and froze, again cursing the feathering mane and tail for never letting him be able to dissapear like his coat did. He stood perfectly still ears pricked listening for the slightest sounds. nostrils flared taking in every scent.
GhostHorse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Horse of a Different color

Post  pinto on Sat May 02, 2009 7:02 am

Midnight galloped past Disante and skidded to a stop, her pitch black coat and black eyes made it so he could hardly see her and she watched him
pinto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun May 03, 2009 2:54 am

Cascade stood still, her black and whtie coat nearly lost in the swirling mist. Here large deep brown eyes were open wide in aw and shock as she took in and beheld the stallion wondeing though the woods before her. He was amazing, in her eyes the most beautiful horses ever. She feared that in the quiet of these woods the beating and pounding of her heart would give her away.
she knew that in the shifing light and darkness of the woods with the mist she would not be easy to spot but still some part of her longed to have him speak to her. To hear his voice, a shiver ran down her spine, to have him call her by name.
She let out the breath she had not relised she was holding and her eyes became softer as she watched him.
She frowned slightly as the smaler dark mare darted past and sturred up the mist.
Cascade felt as though a blow had been delivered to her chest, he would of coarse pick this other horse...she ground her teeth, she knew better then to let sillly fantacy's get the better of her. She was aloner, an out cast. There were very few of her heavy kind that wondered this world loose and free, surly a stallion such as him would see not one like him but a small mare for his mate.
He head droped lower, she was angry once again at her father, at her mother even at fate. Hot salty tears rose up in her eyes as she looked again at the stallion...she dare not hope but dreaming might be ok....
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pinto on Sun May 03, 2009 3:08 am

Midnight reared and she saw Cascade and she nodded towards her and turned around, ready to walk away
pinto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Mon May 04, 2009 1:59 pm

Cascade could smell hear and see this other midnight black stallion, but her eyes were settled on the larger dark stallion with his creamy main and tail.
She knew she should walk away but her feet seem to have found roots into the ground...
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GhostHorse on Mon May 04, 2009 2:29 pm

Disante sniffed the air then tensed as he saw a flash of dark through the trees, then his eye caught a brillitant white... He stepped forward and realized it was a beautiful mare hiding in the shadows revealing her as the moon broke free of the tree tops. He stopped and spoke in a deep unthreatening smooth voice, Hello, I mean you no harm beautiful mare, He let his eyes wander over her. She was like him.... for the first time he smiled at her, what is your name? are you lost? He noticed the dark black mare as well and smiled at her nidding that he noticed her presence and your name? but his attention was focused on the stunning black and white mare before him.
GhostHorse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Mon May 04, 2009 3:53 pm

his voice, her eyes closed as it felt like warm rain. She could smell him a bit stronger now that he was closer. HIs sent was a rich and earthy as the misty forrest, she liked it. Her eyes opened again and she beheld him looking at her, his eyes deep and beautiufl looking right into her very sole. Some how she managed to find her voice "I am Cascade..." She could think of nothing else to say, her mind was robed blank of thoughts and expressions.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GhostHorse on Mon May 04, 2009 5:29 pm

Disante smiled, are you ok? He was a bit confused and he couldnt read her face. He took a step foreward and touched his nose to her velvet soft one. breathing in her sweet scent. He had to admit he was taken back by this mare. It had been a long time since he had seen a horse that was built like him. Her beauty took his breath away. What brings you to such a dark and dangerous place Cascade? realizing he had compleetely forgotten to tell her his name he quickly added, Im Disante.
GhostHorse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Mon May 04, 2009 10:03 pm

"Disante." She breathed out his name as her nose touched his. "I I.. I really just thought to get away from stallion's who were bothering me and hoped they would be too cowerdly to follow me in here." She glanced back taeking her eyes of Disante for the first time, "I don't know if they came in or not."
She looked back at him, "I am sorry if I have startled or bothered you."Her mind was thick and hazy, forming thoughts was an effort,she felt as though the very air she needed was being stolen from her and yet some how she managed to keep her voice stady and her thoughts clear.
she wanted to shake her self, what was this? why did this stallion have this affect on her?
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GhostHorse on Tue May 05, 2009 9:08 pm

Disantes Face grew serious, There were stallions bothering you? Dont worry if they come I will take care of them......
Disante had no clue of the affect he was having on her all he new was that he had feelins stirring inside him he had never felt. His stomach felt like it was doing flips and his heart was fluttering in his chest. Snapping to attention as he heard a twig snap behind him, He tensed again then turned to Cascaed and whispered, we are not alone here and in the dark it makes it difficult to see properly, would you like to come with me? we cannot stay in one place long here. too dangerous.
GhostHorse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Tue May 05, 2009 10:53 pm

He wanted her to come with him? at his words she felt as though all the weight on the world was gone, as if things were light and clear. Things she had thought would never happen, or that she would never alow her self to feel washed over her. In a breathless near whisper she said. "You would have me come with you?" Her hear was pounding so hard that she knew any one for miles could hear it, why she wasn't sure at this moment if it would not just pound though her chest and lay all her thoughts and feelings bare at her hooves. Thoughts and feelings that were so forbidden, what future would they have? Surly he would not care for her in this unexplainalbe way that stole the very breath from her chest.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pinto on Wed May 06, 2009 2:52 am

Midnight looked back at Disante and Cascade then answered to the stallion"i'm Midnight"she repliedf walking deeper into the forest and vanishing
pinto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GhostHorse on Wed May 06, 2009 10:01 pm

Disante nodded slowly not taking his eyes off hers. He wondered if Cascade was feeling the way he felt, his heart felt like at any moment it would burst from how hard it was pounding. her voice touched his ears like soft kisses from angels. He couldnt seem to think clearly. umm yes, yes Cascade I would like you to come with me, but only if you want that is. He figeted moving a front hoof lightly over the ground tracing small lines in the dead leaves. He looked at her with soft eyes and waited for her answer. He barely noticed the other mare who had dissapeared into the dark. His entire focus was on Cascade he couldnt help it.....
GhostHorse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu May 14, 2009 2:19 pm

"I I... I would love to travel wiht you! I promise I'll not be a bother to you." She looked shyly at the ground, "Umm in all your travles have you ever come across a stallion who looks some what like me?" Then catching a look of dissapointmnt in his eyes she relized he had misunder stood her. "He's my father, I have been looking for him since I was a young foal when we got split up." She smiled sweetly at him, reaching out her neck to brush his cheek wiht her nose, her soft breath warm on him.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GhostHorse on Mon May 18, 2009 10:37 am

His eyes soft Disante nickered softly, You will not bother me im quite positive of that. And as for a stallion that looks like you I have come across very few horses at all that are similar to us.....but I traveld through land once protected by a stallion strikingly similar to you... Raven I believe his name was. I didnt stay to get to know him or his mate in fact I didnt talk to them even, I didnt want trouble so I passed through undetected in the night but remeber hearing his mate call him that. We can travel there if you like and see?
GhostHorse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:06 pm

"Raven!!" Cascade thought to her self feeling a wash of joy rush though her. He was alive and free! Oh how her heart sang, her papa! MATE! the words suddenly crashed though her and she felt as though tons of water had been dumped on her. She didn't know why she should feel so up set about her father takeing in another mate, after all her mother and he had been quite young. What if his mate didn't like her and they met one day? She felt all her hopes of years on her own wash away, would she ever truly be accepted? A soft single tear rolled down her face.
"Thank you for your kind offer." she said to Disante,"I will take you up on it." Her saddness still raw and new she still felt the shiver of excitement course though her at the thought of travling wiht this stallion. She looked into his eyes and felt her self drawn there, ever deeper. She shook her head, what must he think of her staring at him like that!
She ducked her head and pretended to have an itch on her front leg that needed vast amounts of attation.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top