Quiet.. dead slient..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quiet.. dead slient..

Post  HollywoodUnicorn on Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:40 pm

Nova watched over the lifeless, dull valley in which she spent all her days in. She looked at the baby blue brook which quietly flowed down and off a cliff, transforming into a magnificent waterfall. Nova grazed and flicked her ears, she concentrated on the green, grass that she was eating and swished her tail like a normal horse would. Nova whinnied softly and took a tiny step forward onto a rock (She wasn't watching where she was going.) and the rock fell off the cliff. Nova lent forward deadly close to falling off trying to get her balance, she stepped back and sighed, sweat drenched her face from fright. A small cut bled on her knee, blood flowed out of her knee, the smell was sickening. Nova winced and limped back to the brook. All was quiet.. dead silent...

Last edited by HollywoodUnicorn on Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
HollywoodUnicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Quiet.. dead slient..

Post  ForeverYoung on Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:57 pm

Blitz emerged from the trees, delighted that he had finally come to see the waterfall. He was told that it was a beautiful sight, but you had to see it to believe it. Blitz threw up his head, amazed by how nature could create such a fine sight. He cantered down the steep hill, careful of his steps, aware that the rocks were highly unstable. He took a drink from the pond at the bottom of the waterfall. When he was satisfied, he noticed that blood had been traces around in the water, he look above the pond at the top of the waterfall, the blood was strong there. He lay back his ears, wondering if a predator was up there. He made his way up the steep hill again, every now and then sliding down gradually from all of the loose rocks. He finally came to the top. He noticed a horse there, eyeing her leg. She was obviously in need of help. Blitz jumped over the rock that stood in his way. "Are you alright miss?" Blitz was not sure what was going on, he first needed to know if she was badly hurt.
ForeverYoung
Admin

View user profile http://gemstonemeadows.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn on Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:07 pm

Nova stumbled forward, uneasily, the voice had startled her. Anyway what would a horse want to talk to her for. No one ever spoke to Nova. She swung her head around and looked at the horse who had spoken. Obviously they were speaking to her, no one else was around. Nova squinted, thinking she was dreaming, this place was supposed to be hidden. Nova sighed heavily and lowered her nose, then rose it and faced him. "Yes.. I slipped on one of those darned rocks.." She cursed, unhappily. Nova slowly walked over to him, sniffing his neck just to smell his scent.. different.. Nova looked at him "Hello. I'm Nova. Who are you and why are you here?" She asked, wondering how on earth he arrived to this closed in hidden place where Nova spent all of her days.
HollywoodUnicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Miabec on Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:28 am

Balies made her way carefuly through the rocks towards the horses. She could smell blood, horses blood. Her hooves clicked on the rocks as she trotted on the edge of the cliff, obviously she had been here before.

'Oh, its you, Nova.' Balies had seen Nova before, but had never spoken to her. She kept to herself.
Miabec

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:22 pm

Blitz almost laughed to himself. "Well, we must have been going in circles because I've spent most of my time here. If you really want to know, I was drinking at the bottom of the waterfall, and I saw blood. I couldn't just ignore it could I?" Blitz' eyes twinkled as he said this. He always liked to make horses feel better. "Haha, where are my manners. My name is Blitz. I've been here for a couple of months." He bent down, observing the cut on her leg. "Herbs can fix those you know."
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn on Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:58 pm

Nova snickered, "Me too, if I haven't seen you around that is. Oh and my blood is strong.. very. Its hard to walk away but I do prefer other too, thanks for the advice as well. Er.. I'm Nova." She smiled gently, not feeling so shut out from the world anymore. Nova flicked her ears and a small pigeon flew around in circles, then decided to land on the top of her forelock. Nova snorted softly and looked at Blitz, managing a small giggle.
HollywoodUnicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:38 am

Blitz snuck in a smile. It was hard not to burst into laughter. He liked the look of Nova, she looked like a kind sort. Enough that a bird would trust her. "Blitz, as you might have heard before." Blitz walked towards Nova eagerly. "Do you live around here as well? If so, all of us must be going in a triangle."
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:43 am

Nova felt the blood start to dry, it felt awfully gross and part sticky. "Yeah, I've lived around here since birth. I mostly try to stay hidden, I don't mix very well with other horses for an unknown reason in which I don't even know the answer too. And you? Surly your a newcomer, I haven't seen another horse here since I was 9 months!" She snorted, then noticed the new mare an looked back at Blitz, he seemed more interesting and eye catching.
HollywoodUnicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:49 am

Blitz shifted his black mane, after been in an uncomfortable position, the drops trickling down his neck bothered him. "Well, I'm been here for a couple of months. No idea how we couldn't have seen each other until now... Anyway, I've got to get you some herbs. Do your best to wash off the dried blood, I'll be back in a few." Blitz disappeared into the forest, looking for a particular herb. It didn't take much to find them, they were rather common around this area.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:55 am

Nova raised an eyebrow and sighed, she walked over to the river and dipped her two front legs in the water but kept the other two on the river's bank for balance. Nova felt refreshed, she moved her back legs further back and sprang her front legs into the air and landed them delicately onto the bank and trotted back to where she had met Blitz and waited for him, shaking the water drops out of her mane while she waited.
HollywoodUnicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:04 am

Blitz grabbed a few of the red herbs. They spiked his mouth endlessly. He rolled his eyes and broke into a canter back to the waterfall. He saw Nova in the distance. She too was eye catching. Blitz jerked to a stop, looking at her without even knowing for how long. He blinked to wake himself up. Herbs. His attention was back, he emerged from the trees and dropped the herbs before Nova. "You'll have to rub these into your cut. I admit, it is not pleasant, but it is the only way it will heal almost instantly."
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:10 am

Nova stared at Blitz, he was very quick. "Thanks." She nickered with a thankful smile. Rubbing them into her cut, she winced quietly, a few of the spikes pricked the softer parts of her knees which were easily damaged but they would heal faster without the herbs. As soon as she had applied the herbs to her cut she dropped them too her feet and nudged them with her muzzle away, Blitz was right, they were definitely not pleasant! "Thank you so much! They're already healing quick." She smiled and gave him a nuzzle in thanks.
HollywoodUnicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:14 am

Blitz' whole body was filled with happiness and joy when her muzzle met his. "Yes, some call me a magician. Nah, just messing with ya. But I do know how to heal cuts and all." Blitz was so glad he did not have skin at this stage, he felt like he went bright pink.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:17 am

Nova laughed, "It's nice to have some horse company at times, but then I do like to be alone.. " She sighed, glad Blitz had come to her rescue or she wouldn't of met him, though she couldn't fully trust him.. yet.
HollywoodUnicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:30 am

"I'm surprised you are not the social sort. You are very attractive and shouldn't keep it hidden." Blitz smiled, staring down at the clear water, no longer polluted. He spun around, wondering where he should go next. "This is mainly my home, but I do tend to travel a fair bit. That could be why you have never seen me. But I'm glad I met you."
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:37 am

Nova giggled. "I do have trust issues so thats the main reason I do tend to keep hidden. I do enjoy the company of others but when we get close something out of the usual always happens and breaks down.. so.." Nova trailed, getting lost in thought. She shook herself away from those thoughts and shuddered, then looked back at Blitz, hoping she could trust him.
HollywoodUnicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:43 am

"I will not ask about your past, but I have a pretty good idea about why your trust levels have decreased. It's happened to a lot of mares lately. The stallions around here have gotten out of control. Even when the mares are not in season. That is why I tend to hover, not stick with a herd. Of course, that makes it hard in the winter when I am freezing." Blitz blinked, he hated those dreadful memories. He was so sure he wasn't going to make it through those winters.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:47 am

Nova walked over to Blitz and pressed her body gently to his and started to groom his neck. "Would you mind if I traveled with you for a while? Just for company." Nova asked, hoping he would accept. She would try her hardest not to get in the way and stay out of trouble. Maybe being in the open would do her some good for a change.
HollywoodUnicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:54 am

"I'd be more than pleased to have you with me." Blitz enjoyed the grooming, he had never actually been groomed since he was a 1 year old colt. He missed those days. "Well, next I'm going to travel further north, it's getting chilly here as you can see. I'm doing me best to stay warm this year." Blitz Leaned into Nova, feeling her soothing body heat against him.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:58 am

Nova shivered once and nodded, "So.. which valley? I've heard September Valley gets freezing cold in the winter so that one is out of the question.." She said, wincing at the thought of knee depth snow and the frozen lakes of ice. Nova wasn't sure about it snowing here, but at least she didn't think it did. A light sprinkle of rain blew into Nova's face along with a small gust of wind, she shivered again as it ran right through her.
HollywoodUnicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:03 am

"'m actually thinking about traveling to Golden Lake. The grass is supposed to be fallow, so we should last on that for a while." Blitz raised his head, his eyes distant in thought. He nodded, agreeing that that was the appropriate place to go. "I'm glad I met you." Blitz said this seriously, for once, he was not joking. He urged her in front of him. "If we continue this way, straight ahead, we'll be there in no time. No stops if possible. It will take us at least 2 days."
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn on Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:08 am

Nova trotted ahead and waited for Blitz but didn't stop, she'd never traveled outside of Twilight Escarpment so this would be an exciting adventure for her. Nova looked back to see if Blitz was following and gave him a warm smile then looked ahead and trotted on to Golden Lake.
HollywoodUnicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top