Alone and scared

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alone and scared

Post  SweetieKatie on Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:44 pm

Maddie walked gingerly Into the meadow her side gripped by a contraction. She paused, breathing heavily. She didnt think she could go much further before she must lay down. She tried anyway to make it to a small covering of trees stoping occasionally when a strong contration once again came. She felt the strong urge to lay down as soon as she was under the safety of the trees. falling to her knees as the next contraction hit, she rolled to her side. Her whole body was covered in sweat, as the next contraction came she pushed hard, two tiny hooves and a small muzzle appeared, Maddie relaxed a bit before pushing hard again with the next one, a perfectly defined head appeared followed by the shoulders. Gasping for air Maddie felt the stinging tears in her eyes, she was going to be a momma. One more hard push and with the first breath of air new life had entered the world.
Maddie rolled off her side and craned her neck around to see a beautiful grey colt....... Her tiredness left her at once and the feeling replaced with pure joy and wonder. She Heaved her large body to its feet and began licking her son. within Min. he was struggling to get his feet under him. She laughed at his effort and tried to help him. Finally he was on all fours, and tottering to find his first mean. Maddie guided him instinctively to her side and with great pride nursed her foal for the first time.

Fear gripped her then, Where was she to go? She had no one and had little trust in anyone.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alone and scared

Post  MajesticHooves on Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:04 am

Rocket noticed from the edge of September Valley that the young mare with the gorgeous newborn foal by her side was marked in fear. He felt a terrible wave of sadness for her, should he offer her his protection and shelter for a while? Yes, he should. Rocket wasn't a cruel stallion and never had been. He slowly walked down to her, hoping she did not fear him like most other mares would because of his variety of colors that made him look rather scary. He bowed his head to the mare and stood a yard away.She would be tired and he didn't want her to flee or fret over him so he spoke, "Good day to you miss. My name is Rocket and I am the owner of September Valley. I've watched you from afar and noticed your feared expression, I do offer you shelter and protection with me. If you don't accept that is ok but it would make me feel better if you did. I am not here to cause you any trouble or anything." Rocket nickered, he walked back a fair way and gave her time to think and space. He hoped for her and her foals sake that she would come with him back to September Valley.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:02 pm

Maddie startled slighty at the stallion, she had been dozing slighty as her young foal lay at her feet. She was not afraid of him he had shown kindness to her and offered her safety. She looked down at her son and knew she would be foolish not to accept this stallions offer of protection. Maddie watched as he walked away and nickered tiredly to him, Ill come with you... She nudged her foal awake and helped him to stand and walked slowly with him to where the stallion stood waiting.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top