Monty's Escaping Adventure

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Monty's Escaping Adventure

Post  SweetieKatie on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:38 am

Onyx gritted his teeth, What makes you think I will die? You think me weak? I will not stand for some lowly man to try and take my family from me.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:42 am

wind fire glared back at him, "It has nothing to do wiht power! or stringth, they have ...ways of killing you wiht out useing ANY effort! You have been around men, you know this, there is more value in the mares and foals then in you and they sure don't want to be harmed and if remoing you from the picture is what they have to do then they will do it."
She cast another glance at Monty, "And you! will you follow this? will you run bucking and kicking into deaths jaws?"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:48 am

Money stared at her "I will not die. I won't be harmed. I know how to handle humans.". With that he reared up on his hind legs low to the ground and pushed of into a gallop in the direction of the men. Putting his head up a little he whinnied out. Not stopping he crashed into two of the men's horses making the men fall of their horses. The horses bolted. Monty watched them go wondering if Onyx will come join him.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:49 am

Onyx stomped his large hoof his voice booming. DO NOT drag him into this! he stepped to her ears pinned, What do you have in mind then, Run scared letting the men think they can come here anytime and take horses as they wish?
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:58 am

Wind Fire blew air into his face. "Fine do it your way and see how well it works out, I'll take care of things my self just like I have for years!" She gave him one more spitefull glare before swift as the wind she was gone, her fast smooth stride carring her out of sight in moments leaving him and Monty alone.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:01 am

He watched her leave, Upset that they had argued his mind was not right. He called to Monty to return to him and waited for the young stallion to appear.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:13 am

Monty galloped down to Onyx making sure the humans wouldn't follow. "Yes?" he asked.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:48 pm

Im not sure we should anger them, Maybe WindFire knows something we do not. We should go check on the mares. Onyx felt like a coward. He wanted nothing more than to pummel the lowly humans benieth his powerful hooves. Wind Fire had destroyed his pride for a moment and he was seething mad at her. She knew that even if she wasnt part of the herd, HE and Lark owned the land and it was his rule over all as dominate stallion. He looked at Monty his eyes still burning with fire and hatred for the humans. He needed to make sure Lark was ok as well as Cedar and Blitz and the other horses. Adrenaline subsiding, his muscles trembled as he made his way back down the steep ridge back to the Valley. His anger at Wind not leaving him. He set off across the valley at a steady brisk walk. looking back to see if Monty was behind or beside him, glad that at least Monty got some action and showed the humans a thing or two.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:10 pm

Wind Fire blew like a storm across the fields, her nose told her where she was headed. Men, they left so much sent as to where they called home. The crude holding yards were easy to spot and to her delight much easier to tear down. She left the camp a mess, they would have no luck catching horses this way, not on this day any way. She nodded hapy wiht her handy work and then sliped into the trees again where she could keep an eye on their movements.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri May 01, 2009 8:37 pm

Onyx was furious, Wind Fire thought him Weak so she went and took care of the humans. He felt his blood run hot. She had made him look a fool and a stallion that was unable to protect his herd. Now he had to go back and face them, telling them that she had done his job. He walked back slowly trying to calm his anger. He was in no rush to embarras himself.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sat May 02, 2009 7:48 pm

Monty followed behind slowly. Watching the stallion, he wasn't sure if to talk or not. He decided to keep quiet but Onyx did look upset. "Onyx, What's wrong?" Monty asked.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Sun May 03, 2009 1:58 am

Onyx Sputtered , that...that....MARE how dare she! She made me look a fool Monty, telling me that I was not strong enough to face those men. Im glad you went ahead and took care of a couple of those men. hope those horses of thiers are long gone.......He calmed a bit talking to Monty it was good having another stallion as reliable as him around. Monty I know our life may be a bit boring and you may leave if you like but Id like you to stay. If it is a herd or mate you want you can go to seeking creek and bring them back here, Id be more than happy to share a bit of our land with you. You have prooved yourself a trust worthy and loyal friend. Onyx turned to Monty looking him in the eyes. I mean that
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn on Sun May 03, 2009 2:28 am

Dusk started to fret and worry as she heard some loud, riffle shots. Unaware of the nearby men, she poked her head out of the trees and saw a large campfire of men. Armed, with riffle and rabbit traps. A few saddled horses were tied to a long, wood bar. The horses looked sturdy and strong, but the noise grew louder and louder. A young guy saw a rabbit, thinking it would be a good dinner and pulled his riffle to his face, aiming. Unfortunately, the rabbit was just outside of the closed-in clearing that Dusk and Lark stood in. The man triggered the riffle and missed the rabbit, terrified it bounced out of view, but the bullet had hit Dusk in the hock. She caught herself from crying out in pain and winced quietly instead. "Lark," Dusk said, pain in her voice "We've got to get out of here, now!" She said sternly, lifting her right front leg until it touched her stomach. Uncomfortable as it was, she limped out of the clearing and started to run until she caught Monty and Onyx. Dusk looked back and waited for Lark to take the lead, but as soon as she did, Dusk sped out at an unbelievable speed on 3 legs! She saw Onyx and Monty and raced towards them. Dusk was now meters from them, panting she said "Men are everywhere. I was shot before when in the hidden clearing. Their horses look strong and sturdy, but I don't think they'd pass a rock-covered mountain without wearing out their hooves." She explained, hoping they would do something fast, meanwhile she looked for herbs that would cure her pain.
HollywoodUnicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun May 03, 2009 2:34 am

Lark ripped out some willow branches and gave them to Dusk, "These will help." She looked at Onyx, she could tell something was bothering him but she owuld have to ask him about that later. "Onxy! they are here to kill not capture! We have to go, oh but where will we go?" She rushed to his side and pressed her face into his neck.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn on Sun May 03, 2009 2:37 am

Dusk smiled gratefully at the generous mare, "Thanks Lark." She said, taking the willow branches from her and applying them to her bloody wound, it was awfully deep, she could see half of the bullet in her hock but bothered to get that out later.
HollywoodUnicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sun May 03, 2009 3:34 am

Monty smiled at Onyx. He saw Dusk run up to him and Onyx he listened then waited for Onyx to say something but he didn't. Monty next heard Lark say something to Onyx. He walked to Onyx "I know the perfect place. No horses were ever taken from there. It's a few miles away though but I know how to get there. It will be a safe place for your herd Onyx."
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn on Sun May 03, 2009 4:18 am

Dusk pricked her ears with interest as Monty spoke, "Where is this place?" She interrupted, hoping she wasn't being rude.
HollywoodUnicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sun May 03, 2009 4:22 am

Monty jumped a little when he heard Dusk speak. Turning around he said "It's a few miles away. East. Over some mountains. It is really beautiful there. No man has ever found it. Horses stay and go whenever they like." He looked at Onyx and Lark then back at Dusk "I was born there."
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn on Sun May 03, 2009 4:24 am

"Oh. Thats sweet." Dusk nickered, a gentle smile crossed her face and she nuzzled Monty gently with a little affection.
HollywoodUnicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sun May 03, 2009 4:30 am

Monty smiled slightly back to Dusk. He turned to Onyx and Lark "So do you want to go there?" he asked.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn on Sun May 03, 2009 6:11 am

Dusk looked down and placed her injured leg back onto the surface where she felt secure. Stepping back slightly, she felt uncomfortable for no particular reason. Flicking her ears, she decided to trust her instincts and pinned her eyes, making a warning sound to the thing that started to scar her greatly. Then, she saw what had frightened her, 6 men on sturdy horses gazed down on them, all with fully loaded riffles. Dusk reared in fear and neighed, shaking her mane. The men started to fire, non-stop at the group of horses chatting away. Dusk nipped all the horses as if to say "Wake up!" and reared again, hoping to not be shot like she had been before.. the aching pain it had caused her. Being foolish, she charged up the ridge towards them "Pay back!" She thought fearlessly. Dusk flared her nostrils and head-first charged into a horse, sending him down, most of them falling down loosely as if she were playing dominoes. But, one man hid in the bushes nearby, he was smart. Aim ... Fire! He shot Dusk, this wasn't her first wound but she knew the risks it would take her, but she was willing to take them. "Selfish me." She thought, before getting knocked out.

Awoken by a sound of and engine, her eyes flung open. Dusk found herself in a stray-bedded stall, surrounded by lots of other wild horses been caught. She flicked her ears and humans walked by, but one thing in particular made her look west, a strong, handsome stallion was trying to be broken in by a human. The stallion was very stubborn and refused to do as the human asked, bucking and rearing, sending the human out of the saddle several times. The stallion was smart and didn't let the humans get the better of him. Dusk watched in surprise, hoping to get some helpful hints and tips off this horse in case the humans tried to break her. Curiously, she looked at her leg, it was all stitched ad bandaged up. She sighed, a single tear slid down her face. Why had she been so selfish earlier and not thought about the others?
HollywoodUnicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Sun May 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Onyx nuzzled Lark, his anger vanishing at her touch. He did not know the largeness of the situation, thier valley was untouched by humans not too long ago and all was safe. Onyx looked at Monty, this is our home and I think you underestimate the size of this place my friend. This land belongs to Lark and I and only if Lark wishes to leave will I. He stuided the injured mare leaning down to check her wound then all chaos broke free as more men appeared on the ridge. Onyx cried out at Dusk to stop but she was not listening and before he could follow her a shot rang from the trees. Horror spread on all of thier faces as Dusk dropped to the ground. Her side heaving as the men moved in. Onyx charged off after the men not fast enough for by the time he reached where Dusk had fallen they were gone and so was Dusk..... He looked back to see Lark and Monty close behind him. He turned and waited nuzzling Lark as she reached his side. What do you want to do love? You want to leave our home, our land to seek safety? I will only leave if you do Lark......
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Mon May 04, 2009 2:56 am

Monty watched all the chaos break free. He watched as Dusk got shot and taken away. Galloping up to the ridge he found that Onyx was there "You two can go to the safe place if you want just head East. It is around three miles away from here. You should make it. As soon as you see or hear a river follow it. Go over the mountains and the place will be there." He took a deep breathe from talking so much then continued.... "I have to go find Dusk. Just get the herd to safety. I will come find the herd after I have Dusk." He looked at Onyx waiting for his answer.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn on Mon May 04, 2009 3:02 am

Dusk nudged the straw gently with her nose, inhaling the new scents around the area. Straw.. hay.. other horses.. humans.. Dusk sighed and started to nibble on the mash that gurgled in a big blue, plastic bucket in the very back of the stall. The flavor was disgusting but at least it was edible. She took constant sips of the water in the opposite corner of the stall, washing the flavor of the mash down. Humans stared and talked about Dusk, thinking of maybe breeding her to see the result in her foals, then they looked towards the stallion in the breaking arena and their eyes lingered back to Dusk. She flinched and backed up against the back wall, unpleasant feelings fighting in her stomach. Dusk knew that the herd wouldn't bother to try and save her so she tried her best to make herself at home, feeling the other horses eyes lay on her curiously.
HollywoodUnicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Mon May 04, 2009 1:48 pm

Lark's large soft dark eyes looked thoughtfull and then sad and then finaly angry. She stomped her hoof and shook her main. "Onyx, this valley and land is very large, we have not even started to explore it all, there are not many men here and I am sure if we are smart we can keep away from them. This is our home and I will not leave it, it was safe once and will be safe again. In time men will go every where. I beleive we must be wiser then that." She sadly looked at the ground where Dusk had fallen. "She was wrong to attack men, we are horses, we are animals of peace we do not attack like Wolf and bear, it is in our nature to run. It breaks my heart to say so but she chose her fate, why should any one else (she looked hard at Monty) have to risk their free life. You all know as well as I that a horse captured by men is very rarely ever freed again. Onyx, I want you to stay wiht me and the foals...but as a lead stallion if you feel you must go after her I will look out for t hings here."
She softly pressed her n ose to his and then steped back to see what he would do.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top