An unlikely pair

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An unlikely pair

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:49 pm

River trotted though the higher grasses on this lovely flat ground. Her hooves were not slowed by brush or rocks for the land was rich and soft. She tossed her head, her nearly perfectly whtie main creating a halo about her, while her dark almost brown body blended with the back drop.
She was out here alone, seeking adventure and maybe even a herd.
she remembered the fight between those two stallions at Dangers Peek, she wished she could have spoken to the stallion more but he seemed eager to be getting back to his herd.
Oh well, there were plenty of stallions out in the world!
A small move ment caught her eye. She perked her ears forward and with her white'ish tail flowing behind her. She was sure she had seen the movement here, or near abouts. The thought that it might be danger didn't even enter into her mind. Then she caught sitht of this again, only this time she saw it was a young foal, a colt. he seemed to be alone out here too.
She arched her neck and pranced around him finaly touching his nose. "Hello" she said. "I'm River"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An unlikely pair

Post  Evander on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:59 pm

Martin had been wandering aimlessly for a while now. Some time ago, he didn't really remember how long exactly, he'd chased an odd little creature, he knew now to be a simple snake, through the woods of his previous home and wound up lost, unable to find his way back. Since then, he'd been wandering around, looking hopeless, and being very lucky not to be attacked by anyone.
Strangely, a dark coloured horse came out of seemingly nowhere and introduced herself to him. She was fully grown, unlike him, who didn't even have his mane and tail grown out yet, and rather friendly.
"Hi there," he replied, grinning. "I'm Martin. Erm... have you seen a herd around? There's one stallion, he looks sorta like me, but his mane and stuff is black... and there's my mum, she's kinda brown..." He trailed off, trying to remember the last time he saw these horses. "Gee... I wonder when I lost them.."
Evander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:24 pm

River listened with her ears forward. "Oh you poor little thing, I have not seen your momy or daddy or your herd. I am herd less and would remember if I had seen such horses." She looked around at the fading sun light droping lower behind the mountains. "Martin, would you like to stay wiht me to night? I am not sure where I am going but would be glad for the company. And maybe we can find your herd."
She smiled kindly and nickered softly.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander on Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:52 am

Martin's reaction was delayed somewhat, his ears sticking out left and right on either side of his head while he tried to remember when he saw his mom last. However, when his brain finally registered River's words, he perked up considerably, his tail swishing excitedly.
"That'd be awesome!" He declared happily, bucking slightly. "It'd be nice to have some company."
Evander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:54 am

River tossed her head back and shook her long main. "would you like to look for your mom and dad or just come with me and seek out anice herd?"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweetheart on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:27 am

eclipse wondered around the valley. his heart had been broken and played with by some mare who turned out to be having and affair. eclipse lowered his muzzle to the ground sadly and watched as a mare and foal passed by him. his heart filled with warmth for them, but really his was cold. eclipse was nice, but he felt like pieces of him were breaking inside so he decided to not be kind and gentle anymore with mares because his heart was teased along with soul and he couldnt ever feel what he was feeling now. the mare near him was pretty... but he decided not to say anything..' she is probably just like the rest' he muttered to himself.. eclipse was screaming at himself inside but he backed up a few shaky steps and nipped at the grass boredly.
Sweetheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:22 pm

River saw the stranger, she could sent that it was a stallion. At first she was a bit scared but then watched as the stallion backed away a bit. He couldn't mean harm, she thought. She pushed the little foal behind her to keep him safe and then wiht her head up and ears froward she nickered a greeting to him.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Miabec on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:47 pm

A gentle mare, Mistic was watching all this. She was shy so didnt come over. None of the horses had seen her.
Miabec

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:00 am

River could see this other mare, she was less worried about her then this stallion, still it made her feel a bit scared and she took a step back.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweetheart on Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:49 am

eclipse slowly lifted his head, his dark eyes clouded and cold. he attempted to nicker back, the stallion seemed upset but not the least worried. 'hi i am called eclipse.' his deep voice boomed, he couldn't help if his heart was so cold and frozen at the moment. at sometime the ice would need to break.. would fire or ice win?
Sweetheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:58 pm

Her ears comeing forward at the greeting River trotted forward to touch her nose to this handsome stranger. Her nicker was sweet and soft as was her breath as she greeted Eclipse. "hello! My name is River." She trotted around him, her whtie main and tail flowing out behind her, her eyes bright as she took in this new stallion. "Where do you come from?" She aksed, her voice was soft and pleasing. She cast back behind her for the foal she had met earler, and saw him playing with a butterfly. She looked back to the stallion and swishing her tail waited for him to answer.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweetheart on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:08 pm

eclipse raised his head high and his tail, too. eclipse whinnied and reared playfully, he watched river and seemed pretty pleased. 'hi river. i come from where the sand burns hot and the water is bone dry.. the desert.' he stated. 'and you lovely one.. where is your mate? your herd? your foals? surly you must have a large herd by now filled with little fillies and colts with the most powerful stallion in the valley.' he commented. eclipse started to prance around, he didn't show his muscles, he was still curious about her yet.
Sweetheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:54 pm

River watched the stallion, as he moved smooth as glass before her. "The desert!" River breathed. "I have never been to the desert, I grew up here, well no exactly here for my bearth lands were in the low hills where the grass goes for miles and miles. I am a new comer to these lands." River suddenly laughed and arched her neck to try and look more beautiful then she already knew she was. "I have no stallion, no mate and no herd. I have never had a foal in my life. I belonged to a herd once, but I left because the stallion was unpleasant and he wanted to force me to do things wtiht him." She smiled sweetly at him, "But I think you for your complaments just the same."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweetheart on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:01 pm

eclipse watched her, she was so sweet scented and graceful with every move. eclipse snorted 'i'm just a traveler. i'm not really sure why i'm here. but i just needed to get away from my old mate.. our relationship ended last week so i thought it would be best if we kept a distance away from each other.' he sighed.eclipse sniffed the air and snorted 'ick.. other horses' he thought to himself. eclipse turned his attention back to river. he stepped back a bit and started to graze, then looked back up at her, she probably had no idea but he was secretly watching her the whole time.
Sweetheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:10 pm

River gasped. "Oh no I'm so sorry. That's so sad to loose a mate. I mean I would not know, I have never had one but I can't even think of how terrable that must feel." She moved softly over to him and pressed her nose to his neck. "'I'm sorry, do you want to share your story wiht me? I would be glad to hear." She lifted her head and looked around, the grasses here rolled and swayed, it was peacefull and quiet. The birds were sining and the air was not overly warm.
She laughed then, "I gues I am a roamer too, for I have no herd and no place to call him these days and I'm not even really sure where I'm heading."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweetheart on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:27 pm

'i'd rather not' eclipse interrupted, though he tried not to sound so rude. 'um.. are you seeking a mate at all?' he asked trying to change the subject of his last mate. eclipse listening to the blue birds sing as well as the noisy creek slide down the smooth stones of the creek..
Sweetheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:41 pm

River nodded her head. "I can see your still hurting, I will not pry." She shook her self, white main flying all about and then streched her front legs out to get her blood moving again. "A mate? I guess I never really thought about it.....I mean I'm not about to throw my self at a stallion. I guess when magic or lightning hits and I find him then well...I don't know." She blushed and laughed lightly. "I'm new to stallions so I can only hope that one would find me to his likeing and have a good faithfull heart."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweetheart on Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:43 pm

eclipse nodded understandingly .'yes. my heart has been broken several times by mares so i'm putting the mate part off for a while until i can find a spot in my heart to find another mate.' eclipse nickered, hoping river didn't take it the wrong way that he didn't trust her or anything like that.
Sweetheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:47 pm

River's eyes became soft and dewy. "Oh I'm so sorry for you.....how terrable to have your heart broken more then once." She flatened her ears and stomped one of her finely shaped hooves to the ground. "HOw terrable of those other mares to hurt you so!" She looked up at him "Oh!! My! I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to go on about that and cause you more pain! I'm so sorry." Hopeing he was not overly mad at her she gently reached out her neck and touched her soft nose to his.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweetheart on Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:09 am

eclipse reached out to her and gently placed his muzzle onto her neck. 'it's ok to be curious about things. even if they do hurt. its best to get it out.' warmth glowed inside of eclipse he was starting to like river as a friend.
Sweetheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:29 am

"You are so brave and wise!" River said. "I hope that my wisdome doesn't come at the cost of so much pain." She moved forward and gently chewed on his withers where it's hard to reach. Hoping that he would enjoy this. she was enjoying his company, it had been some time since she had had the company of another mature horse....not since that big fight at Dangers peek.
She hoped this strange new stallion would no leave any time soon.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn on Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:59 pm

Sprite looked over the hill that he stood on, the wind whipping wildly through his sweaty mane and tail. Sprite reared and neighed, landing softly onto the grass, his long forelock fell over his eyes as soon as he was firmly onto the ground. He flicked his tail side to side with pleasure. Sprite saw the two horses down the hill by the river that crashed noisily against the river's bank. He whinnied a gentle greeting to them in meaning 'No harm' and started to make his way down, though he hoped he wasn't interrupting anything. Sprite stood a few yards away from the horses an bowed his head with respect and looked back at the two horses. "Greetings, my name is Sprite," He nickered softly glancing in between River and Eclipse, "do you know of these lands?" He said, waiting for an answer.
HollywoodUnicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:39 pm

River looked and whinnied a greeting to the new comer. "Hello friend! I am River and I do not know who's lands these are. What brings you here?" Her voice was soft and filled with music.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:18 am

Sprite felt warm-hearted and almost fell to his knees as he heard her voice, she sounded so melody like. Sprite kept himself from falling to his knees and clenched his jaw, so nothing would slip out that he didn't want them to know. He gritted his teeth in embarrassment and smiled "I'm a-a traveler." Sprite replied catching himself before he nuzzled her, though he hoped she wasn't seeing what he was keeping himself from. He glanced at Eclipse and his hopes fell, thinking that Eclipse was her mate, but he kept positive, they might not even be mates after all, just friends or even aquantinses for all he knew. Sprite pranced around her a few times, just getting a good view of the absolutley stunning mare before him. He sighed roughly, and yearned to nuzzle her. Too earlyHe told himself.
HollywoodUnicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:33 am

River was amused by the play of amotions across his face and a bright smile lit of her face as he trotted around her. "Do I look tasty to you stranger?"She said teasingly. "What is your name?"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum