Lightning's herd comes to Golden Lake

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lightning's herd comes to Golden Lake

Post  ShannaraFox on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:30 am

Lightning could see the new horse heading to them. He could only sent the one and her moved forward to greet her. He heard her hello whinnie, it was friendly and he called out in like to welcome her. He looked back at Bahia, "We have a new comer." Then he trotted out a ways to meet her.
His heart and feelings were down and sad over the loss of Grace, he was not sure what this new comer wanted but he was feeling like a fauler for letting down Grace.
He stood still, the wind blowing his long white main out and his head held high as he watched this beautiful new comer come closer...
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:52 am

Bahia nodded understandingly, but she refused to leave Shimmer's side. Her blood scent was strong and she was still in danger because any meat eating animal could spring onto and kill her, thats how strong her blood scent was.

Shimmer winced with every movement, she struggled too stand but with the help of Bahia she managed to. Shimmer shook as she lowered her head to graze for the first time in a while, Bahia stood close in case Shimmer fell, she took that to heart. "Bahia isn't as bad as Grace acted she was.." Shimmer thought to herself.

Flame smiled, "I'm glad you accept. Shall we leave this valley and seek out a new one for the time being or would you like to stay here for a little longer?" Flame questioned, leaving the decision up to Grace.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GhostHorse on Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:47 am

Skye Touched her velvet nose to Lightnings, her forelock falling foreward brushing his nose, her hair smelled like roses. Hi..... came a voice like an angels, so sweet melodic and pure of ginuine kindness. Sky nickered softly smiling at the handsome stallion. I mean no harm but I did notice one of your herd has been injured I can smell the blood Id imagine it was that mountain lion I saw earlier....? I know of a plant that has great medicine of healing, should I gather some? Her voice was mesmirizing, so soft and beautiful. True kindness and tendernes shone in her eyes as she looked at the wounded mare. then back at Lightning. I can sense that the uninjured one is your mate? am I correct?
GhostHorse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:52 am

Bahia lead Shimmer over to Skye and they both brushed noses with her in greeting. "Hello, young one. How can we help you on this fine night?" Bahia asked in a sweet, calm voice which seemed to be welcoming.

Shimmer dozed and lent on Bahia's shoulder for support. She glanced at the newcomer, her eyes sleepy and her wounds were healing slowly.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:33 pm

Lightning felt warm and fuzzy and a bit dizzy but though this all he did hear her offer of healing herbs. "Any thing to help Shimmer would be most welcome." He said.
He nickerd softly to Bahia and Shimmer as they joined him to grett this new comer. "I am Lightning, this is Bahia (he nosed the buckskin mare) and this is shimmer who was yes attached by a mountain Lion." Lightning himself had a few nasty and bleeding gashs along his chest and for legs from his own battle with the cat.
"This is my small herd, we just lost a member due to a misunderstanding.....(lightning's eyes dimed some at the mention of the loss of grace) but you are welcome to stay with us. What is your name?"
Lightnings first excitement over meeting the beautiufl new comer had slowly died down, he was back to feeling like he was before, a very young stallion who had failed and let down his herd..........the weight on his heart was very heavy indeed.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GhostHorse on Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:03 pm

Skye smiled warmly, Im Skye. I am not that young she laughed softly, at Bahia but thank you. I had a foal but lost her sadly when our old band stallion was defeated and taken over by a cruel nasty stud with no right to be a band stallion, He saw to it that none of the young offspring of the former stallion remained and then drove off the young fillies and colts that were not still nursing....... I left after he......well we wont go there, I left shortly after his takeover. Hold on one second Ill go get some herbs for healing those wounds for Shimmer and you as well Lightning.

Turning away, Skye dissapeared momentarily into the trees and after a few moments came back out with a large mouthful of a very lush green leafy plant. Grounding them on a rock with her front hoof, she then used her lip gently to apply the paste of the plant onto the wounds. she then turned around dissapeared again and returned with a mouth full of berries. dropping them she smiled again, These.... Ill be honest taste horrible but they will help a tremendous amount trust me. standing back she watched the horrible faces the two horses made while eating, when they were done she looked at Lightning. Well you are leader of this herd and to loose a valuable member is a big deal, If you and your mare are ok with it I would like to stay. I am not worried about having foals at this moment I am here to just help and be a shoulder to lean on. Her eyes were so gentle and kind and they sparkled as she looked at the three horses before her.
GhostHorse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:52 am

Shimmer gaged on the berries and almost threw up. She gave a sour look towards Skye and spat bits of the foul food out. Shimmer galloped, even though she was very slow and wobbled, to the creek and washed down the horrible flavor that burned inside of her mouth. "Gross!!!'' She exclaimed, the flavor was very hard to get out, she spied a bees nest not to far off and risked being stung just to get a honeycomb.Shimmer sucked the flavor out and eventually she got rid of the berry flavor.

Bahia watched as Shimmer made sour faces towards Skye. She chuckled, her voice sounded as sweet as honey and chimed like silver bells ringing. Bahia sighed dreamily and lent on Lightning's shoulder, she was beginning to feel at home.. at last!
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:09 pm

Grace, now far away... was munching on some grass when she heard it..... a growl. her heart stopped in her chest. She looked around to find she was nearly surrounded by a pack of wolves. As they leapt and bit at her withers and flanks she screamed out and kicked at them taking off at a full gallop. knocking the one off her back as she ran under a low hanging branch. She plunged into a wide river that seemed calm enough to cross but did not see the under current and was swept away quickly down stream and was pulled under the water, after what seemed like an eternity her nose broke through the surface of the water and she took a huge gulp of air then was pulled back under she crashed into a large rock then everything went black...........................
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GhostHorse on Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:18 pm

Skye laughed softly, her voice was so beautiful like songs of angels. She looked then to lightning and Bahia, So this mare who left.....What was her name? I will be hopeful of her return to you. When the name "Grace" escaped the two horses lips, Skye froze, Grace??.... Was she a petite dapple palomino with blue eyes? When they nodded, Skyes jaw dropped. You have no clue where she went? I do hope she returns to you lightning.....Grace is a princess and hier to a great stallion, I am her sister and have been searching for her for a long time.......
GhostHorse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:08 am

if a horses face color cold change color at all Lightning's went though a full rainbow of colors. Starting with Skyes past, the berrys didn't help his face colors any either but the main reason was the pounding of thoughts and feelings in his chest....it was af if some how he had gobbled up two wild bears and they were taring him apart from the in side....
His mind did't want to think right any longer...and he had nearly closed out the conversation when Skye mentioned grace.
His head hung....
"Skye,...I have to problume wiht you joing this herd, I am a poor lead stallion at my best but you are welcome to stay for company." His eyes became dark and shadowed as he said more and his fine head drooped even lower."Grace left us but today, some time back there was a a a(he glanced very quickly at Bahia) a missunderstanding. She I am afraied felt so bad and blamed her self that when the cougar attacked poor shimmer here she took that chance to bolt and run."
He shut his eyes to hide the pain he felt for letting a mare down....why oh why, he thought to him self didn't any one tell him that being a careing band stallion would be so hard. His pain filled eyes opened to look at Skye again. "Skye, (his voice had a wabble in it) I beg your forgiveness...I'm so sorry for I have let down and failed your sister. and you too it seems."
He then raised his head up and looked beyond her, so that maybe she would not see the battle going on in side of him. "I can't thank you enough for your help to my self and Shimmer." His voice was flat and lifeless.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:20 am

Graces eyes fluttered open as she coughed and gasped for air. Her body weak from fighting the current or the stream. She struggled to get to her feet, her grateful lungs taking huge gulps of air. She looked around dizzily, having no clue where she was at. Far from any family at all and all alone. She cried thinking of what she could have.......She could be so far away and safe with her father but no, she had to branch out on her own and discover new things. Her dripping wet coat felt like it wieghed a ton but the warm sun on her back was slowly begining to dry it. She sniffed the air smelling a very light scent of someone familiar, bieng compleetely turned around from her ordeal she didnt realize how close to lightning, Bahia, and shimmer she was...... but that smell she could never forget that smell. It was her sister!!! Gaining sudden energy she tore off throught the trees Whinniny loudly for her sister, she had missed her so........
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GhostHorse on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:24 am

Skye paused mid sentence and perked her ears. Was her mind playing with her? She listened again for it......A large smile crossing her face she whinnied loudly responding to Graces call. She looked at lightning , her eyes sparkling brightly. Grace..... she whispered. Skye quickly turned to lightning before dashing off after grace who had just broken throught the trees and was madly gallopoing toward SKye, I will talk to you Lightning, in a moment... She turned and dashed off in graces direction.
GhostHorse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:29 am

Lightning wanted to dash off after but knew this was not for him....it was all he could do to keep his dark hoves rooted in place. He tucked his head down and forced himself into quite......Grace was ok, she was with her sister....they would fine and both better off wiht out him. he felt glad for them.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:41 am

Grace almost colided with Skye as they skidded to a halt just inches from eachother. Nuzzling and nickering at one another greeting eachother warmly and lovingly. Grace looked up and saw Lightning her heart fluttered and her tummy did flips, did she really miss him that much? She Whinnied to him wanting him to come to her, Fearing she would cause problems for Bahia looked none to pleased to see her.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:41 am

Bahia heaved a sigh, fighting tears, she knew Grace loved Lightning. Bahia had been hurt before and she didn't want that to happen again, too much pain, it broke her heart to see Grace want Lightning. If Lightning wanted her, he would go. Bahia didn't wait for his decision she slipped away into the trees, fighting tears, she did hope Lightning loved her and not Grace, but this was causing her so much pain, just after her very slow recovery. Bahia felt a small tear run down her face, she let got and her eye started to swim with tears. Bahia collapsed in the forest into a very deep sleep, hoping this was all a dream.

Shimmer hung her head, she nudged Lightning and hobbled after Bahia. She was always there for her and it was her only friend, mare wise. Shimmer knew Bahia loved Lightning more than anything and hoped he would go after his mate, not an ex-member of his herd. Shimmer found Bahia lying on the grass, obviously fainted. A puddle of water next to her cheek and tears still running out of her eyes. Shimmer nuzzled Bahia and thought of Grace, she was beginning to get the feeling Grace was trouble.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:23 am

Grace watched Bahia leave, She never meant to cause problems and she was not in love with Lightning and had only wanted to be a part of the herd. She never full felt that Bahia had accepted her, hanging her head she looked at Skye, This is no longer my home Skye I want to go with you and dissapear, I dont want to be found by lightning ever........ He and Bahia deserve eachother. She flicked her tail angry with Bahia for not letting Lighning be a real stallion and have breeding rights to all his mares but if that was how she wanted it then Grace really did not belong with them. Nuzzling Skye, Grace cast her blue eyes once more to Lighning and then with a flick of her tail whinnied to him hoping he understood and then turned and left. Skye Still needed to talk to Lighning so grace just waited inside the trees out of sight.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn on Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:29 am

Poker galloped around crazily under the beautiful silver moon on this dark, cold night. He spied a few horses not to far off and pricked his ears interesting, he smelt mares and a stallion or two. Poker hoped this stallion wouldn't hurt him, he whinnied softly but kept an acre or two away in case this stallion was not friendly and dared to challenge him to a fight to the death.
HollywoodUnicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GhostHorse on Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:38 am

Skye Turned and headed back to Lightning. When she reached him the look on her face told him exactly what she was thinking. Lowering her voice she looked him in the eyes. Lightning.....you are a very honorable stallion, and Bahia is lovely, She is not willing to accept Grace and therefore you have lost her due to your lead mares attitude toward my little sister. Grace told me what happened to make all this resentment come about.....She was wrong and to my knowledge has tried everything to make it right again. I am guessing it was Bahias choice to not fully fogive her. Grace has a heart of gold Lightning, and she is born of royalty as am I. I will not stay if she is not welcome. With us in your herd you will recieve protection from my fathers herd and will be given land of your own. But Grace is now refusing to come back so I shal leave with her, I do hope your Bahia knows what her decision has cost your herd.............without staying to hear what lightning had to say she turned and walked in Graces direction.
GhostHorse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn on Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:43 am

Poker watched as the graceful mares walked away, he heard no reply and thought it was safe. Poker cantered out and neighed softly, he hoped the stallion wouldn't attack him. He looked at the mares and nickered (To Skye and Grace) hoping that they wouldn't just roll their eyes at him and walk off, yes, he was nothing to look at. Poker nickered softly again and walked forward. "Um.. hi I'm Poker..." He said, taken by both of their beauty. "Wh.. where am... I? Yes, where am I?" He stuttered, forgetting himself. Poker realized how he spoke and felt a bit like a colt, worthless and embarrassed.
HollywoodUnicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:50 am

Grace turned to poker, Im Grace and this is my Sister, Skye. She smiled at him warmly, to her he was handome. you are in Golden Lake Poker. what brings you here?
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn on Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:54 am

Poker laughed softly, "I've been traveling for quite a bit.. all lost actually.. never knew where I was going.. just lost." He laughed. Poker glanced over his shoulder at Lightning. "Is he any of your mate, or are you friends?" Poker questioned, just chatting away, he hadn't spoke to a horse in a few days, it felt so good to be speaking to something of your kind, though he hoped he weren't annoying them.
HollywoodUnicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:36 pm

Graces smiled at Poker...her eyes sad, No he is not my mate. She avoided looking at Lightning while she spoke to Poker. I just left his herd. He has only one mate and then Shimmer who Im sure will be oked to have lightnings foals...I however was not by the lead mare, Bahia. So I will find another stallion someday who I can have a foal with, or go back to my fathers herd.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HollywoodUnicorn on Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:36 pm

Poker nuzzled her softly, trying to make her feel better. "Bahia.. she wouldn't act that way for no reason.. do you think she's sick? Oh and, you'll find your perfect mate one day, or even if you have to adopt a foal, wouldn't it be nice? I'm kind of looking for a mate too.. so I've heard of Seeking Creek. Thats where I'm supposed to go, eh?" Poker nickered, his dun coat making him stand out under the moonlight, but his black legs, mane and tail looked invisible.
HollywoodUnicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:47 pm

Bahia nodded, yes Seeking creek is where you will want to go. lots of horses there so Ive heard though ive never been.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GhostHorse on Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:01 pm

Skye snorted, No it sounds to me like she is somewhat greedy with her stud, How is his legacy and name to live on if he only breeds to her and her alone? My father has many children from many mares but loves only one, Graces mother. to this day he will not ever love another mare the way he loved her, even though she died years ago. Mine and Graces Fathers name will live on forever through his children he was an amazing dad. and loved us all. Skye narrowed her eyes in lightnings Direction watching him stand there as if to not know what to do, She knew Grace was just trying to put on a tough front but she saw through it, She saw that Grace truly cared for Lightning and her mistake had cost her that day. Bahia to me seems like she needs to quit pouting in the woods and grow up a bit and act like the lead mare she is supposed to be..........
GhostHorse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top