Lightning's herd comes to Golden Lake

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lightning's herd comes to Golden Lake

Post  ShannaraFox on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:00 pm

The air was sweetly sented and the gras rich and tasty. This was a beautiful place, more open then the last. Already Lightning liked it here quite a bit.
He sented the wind there were other horses here about. He hoped they owuld not be trouble.
He whinnied loudly and cantered into the meadow.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lightning's herd comes to Golden Lake

Post  SweetieKatie on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:05 pm

Grace followed closely behind Bahia and lightning. Tosssing her head and liking the open area, Longing to run full out with the wind in her face..... she whinnied happily.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:11 pm

Bahia nickered to Lightning, pretty pleased about the area. She whinnied and started bucking playfully to stretch her hind legs out, they were cramped.

Shimmer tossed her golden mane and started to rear.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:47 pm

Grace couldnt hold back, her legs ached for a good stretch. she took off at a full gallop across the field her blue eyes shining brightly, and her golden dapple coat shone in the sun. Her hooves barely touching the ground, nostrils flaired and near white mane and tail whiping behind her. Taking a wide turn she headed back to the three in a full gallop skidding to a stop nearly out of breath.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:49 am

with a stallion's bellow Lightning dashed off into the open grases, his nose and tail were to the sky, his feet whre moveing swiftly beheigth him. He bucked some but mostly it felt good to run. He nickered happily to his mares who also seemed happy to be free of the woods.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:30 am

Grace watched in amazement as Lightning ran. He was very handsome and had prooved as a great stallion. He had protected them and she could tell he loved Bahia. they would have a beautiful foal, when that time came. She didnt think she would have one any time soon. the want for one had left her thoughts. she was just happy to have a family.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:12 pm

Grace Whinnied, loud and happy. She nuzzled Bahia and Shimmer. and touched her nose to lightnings. She then settled down to graze tail swishing merrily.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:19 am

Shimmer bucked. She snorted and pinned her ears aggressively and violently lashed out her hooves. What was she seeing that everyone else wasn't?

Bahia nuzzled Shimmer and looked towards Lightning. She was confused and didn't know what to do maybe to help this mare.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:55 pm

Lightning came dashing over to bahia at her call. "Whats wrong?" His body was tence and sweaty from playing.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:15 pm

Grace wandered closer but not too close she didnt want whatever it was to jump out at her. She stretched her neck and tried to see what everyone else was.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:57 pm

Shimmer neighed, the whites of her eyes were showing, her ears were flat back and her teeth were bared, you could even see her gums. Shimmer was in rage she galloped out of Golden Lake and into the trees she was terrified. But what she didn't know was that it was following her.

Bahia nipped Lightning firmly "We have got to go after her!" She neighed and set off after Shimmer, hoping to catch her before the other thing did.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:10 pm

Grace was confused and stood there for a moment. She started after Bahia at a trot looking back at lightning.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:51 am

Grace slowed to a stop, She was happy with Lightnings herd but Bahia would never allow him to mate with her so she could have the foal she wanted. Though it was ultimately the stallions decision on who he can and cant mate with, she knew Bahia would never allow it. She watched as Bahia and Lightning ran off after Shimmer and decided that she should leave now quietly and without protest. she turned and walked into the trees looking back once more at them and said her silent goodbye. She was sad to leave but her want for a foal drove her to. She loved Lightning but he was Bahias first. She took off at a gallop so if they did discover she was gone they would not be able to catch up. She decided to go to Seeking creek, she had heard of the place and knew if you wanted to find a mate to go there. Now all she had to do was get there safe, a mare in heat traveling alone was never a good thing.........
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:21 am

Flame stood in a small clearing, merrily grazing as beams of sun shone brightly on his stunning palomino coat. His pure white mane looked likes flakes of snow as it glittered down his neck to chest. He arched his neck and started trotting forward, his head sharply twisted behind for he heard noises before. Flame accidentally trotted straight into Grace. He heard a loud thud as she hit the ground. Flame gasped and twisted his head back around the right way and lowered his muzzle to see who he possibly may of injured. "Sorry miss, may I help you up?" He offered, trying to be a gentleman as he was. Flame didn't wait for her reply and lifted her from the sharp rocks and placed her on all four hooves neatly. He looked back the way he had came and glanced back at Grace, "Wow!" A mare full of beauty stood before him, he took her in with wide bright eyes. Flame shook his head, his smelling senses were dull so he couldn't really smell her heat scent. "Er.. uh.." He fumbled, looking for the right words to deliver to such a mare of beauty. "Umm.. hi.. I'm Flame. Who are you?" He stammered, watching as she licked her deep wound that was bleeding on her neck. "May I help you with that miss?" He asked again, but he did wait for her reply this time.. she may be a bit embarrassed or even angry if he helped her without reply.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:58 am

Bahia nuzzled Lightning and started to groom his pearl white coat, she didn't want to lose him but it felt as if they were falling apart. "Lightning..." Bahia hesitated. "I feel that our relationship is breaking to pieces and I don't want that to happen." She sobbed, almost to tears.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:56 pm

Grace looked at Flame, No um thanks Im fine. Im Grace but I do have to be going. sorry to run into you. She looked back to make sure no one was following. then nodded her head at the stallion and gave him a smile before turning to canter off into the trees. She had to cover some ground before they noticed she was gone.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:34 pm

Lighting was in a mix of feelings, he was hurt, mad, scared and down hearted. It was all his fault he decided....he was not good enough to hold on to a herd.
He had dashed after Shimmer, but Bahia was much slower then he was and he soon found himself haveing to slow then stop to let her catch up.
He watched as Shimmer disapeared futher into the trees. it was then that he relized that Grace was not following them. He knewn then that she had left, he had seen her glances and the way she looked around and could feel the way she had distanced her self from the others.
He stood, feeling as if the world had sat down on his back and he had failed to carry it and waited to Bahia to catch up to him.
He felt some comfort as she rubed up next to him but then her words his him like ice....how .........what..... He took a step back from Bahia..."How can you say that? is that what you really feel?" He was hurt now, deeply hurt and didn't know how to react, every fiber of his body told him to run, but running right now was not the answer. He looked at Bahia, his dark eyes sad and scared.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:31 pm

Bahia caught up with Lightning, rather breathless. She looked at Lightning, her eyes were trickling with tears. Bahia looked to the ground then back up "Lightning.. I feel that our relationship is falling apart.. breaking to pieces.. I love being your mate and leading your herd and someday we'll have foals of our own.. I don't want to lose you for some idiotic reason thats coming between us.." She nickered, rubbing her head against his neck gently, were eyes were soft and caring as she stared into his,

Shimmer reared and pawed the air, a sharp squeal filled the air, she landed with a thud and a loud tearing noise came from her direction. A wide opened, deep gash laid painfully on her silver neck, she squealed in pain and agony and the attacker swung its claws over her legs and instantly she feel to the rocky surface beneath her. The attacker stood over Shimmer, its fangs stained red and its claws dug into the grass. Yes, it was a mountain lion! The lion growled and ripped its claws from the grass, sending about a tonne into the air and it landed neatly at Lightning and Bahia's feet. Shimmer wasn't dead but she would be the meal if they didn't act fast!

"Grace.." Flame mumbled then realized she was galloping off, something crossed her face that made her look upset, he galloped after her slowly and attempted to whinny to her but before he did he was galloping side by side with her. Flame blew gently on her neck, her moves were perfectly timed with the gentle breeze that pushed them along. "Grace.. would you care for me to join you in traveling for a few days a the most? I know I'm a stallion and your a mare but I truly don't mean any harm to you or anyone else.. I have dull smelling senses so that doesn't worry me if your in heat or anything else. I don't have much to offer you but I can offer you shelter and my protection.. My friend, Rocket, owns September Valley and I'm sure he'd be delighted to let us stay.." He went on and waited for her reply.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:03 pm

the sight of the large cat landing at Lightning's feet scared him, he wanted to run away and stay safe, but he could see that Shimmer needed him, and he would not let her die while he lived. "Stand back Bahia!" He yelled as he reared and struck at the powerful cat. His strikes were fast and sure and quick as lightning. He kept his head low between his front legs so the beast would have no time to get at his neck or throat.
Then he felt his back hooves connect with the cats ribs, there was a sicking thwak and the sleek lion rolled to the side, his ribs broken.
Lightning screamed a death call at the mountain lion, his eyes blazing wide and wild, he could not feel the deep gashs that the cat had torn along his sides in the battle.
The mountain lion knew he was no match for this strong young stallion, he was badly hurt, and rolling out of the way of Lighting's hooves bolted for the trees.
Lightning shook his main and neck and snorted, his ears still pinned. Then looking to Bahia he walked over to Shimmer. "Shimmer? can you stand?"
He wanted to talk to Bahia, to ask her why she thought they were not going to last together but he had to see that Shimmer would be ok first.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:13 pm

Bahia rushed over to Shimmer's side and nuzzled her constantly, she licked her a few times, knowing how much pain she would be in. Bahia sat down by her side and licked her cheek softly "Shimmer, Shimmer, its me, Bahia. Can you hear me?" Bahia asked, she was very worried.

Shimmer's eyelids fluttered at the sound of Lightning and Bahia's voice. She had a small sut under her eye, it caused her a great deal of pain but she nickered and tried to stand. Shimmer sometimes stumbled onto Bahia and Lightning, she wasn't particular heavy but her legs were sore from when the lion swiped her with its claws.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:02 pm

Lightning smiled softly to Bahia for helping and being strong for Shimmer. "You'll be ok shimmer, you'll be ok. Bahia and i are both here for you."
He looked up, wishing that Grace had not run off, she would have been helpfull now. But he could not go look for her wiht Simmer in such pain.
He found a good place with water close by and they alowed Shimmer to rest. He broke off some willow branchs and told her to chew the bank off them, for they would help wiht the pain.
Then leaving Bahia to watch over shimer and clean her wounds he took a watchfull stance where he could see if any danger presented it's self to him.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:12 am

Grace slowed to a stop, looking at the stallion. I just came from a herd I felt i didnt belong in. I think my travels are best alone right now I appreciate your gesture of kindness, her blue eyes sparkled as she looked into his, If you want to you may keep an eye out for me but I dont think I need it. and thanks for the reasurance butmy heat is almost done so im not worried. she gave him a soft smile and turned to look how far she had traveld. She could see lightning from where she stood higer up in the trees, he was pretty far and most likely couldnt smell her. It was best she left anyway. A single tear slid down her face and she turned away.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:31 am

Bahia brushed her tail up against Lightning's chest and licked his muzzle gently. She licked Shimmer's wounds and hoped for the future Lightning and Bahia's relationship wouldn't end.. just freeze.

Shimmer heaved a sigh, the agony that creature caused her could not be described.

Flame put his nose gently under Grace's chin and made her look into his eyes. "Grace.. you're not ok.. I can see that right now. I don't like seeing others depressed as you are now. Would you please accept my offer and travel with me? I may be able to help you overcome your feelings for this other horse." He pressed his body close to her and nibbled on her mane comfortingly. "I'm not trying to act you mate or anything, I just... " He paused. "I don't like seeing such a beautiful mare unhappy. You deserve better than to suffer over someone when there may be your perfect match out there somewhere just waiting for you to enter their world." Flame soothed. "Now, come with me for a while until you can overcome your feelings.. he has a mate already. You can see that." Flame nuzzled.
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:48 pm

Grace looked at Flame and nodded sure Ill come with you for now but know that I will not plan on staying long..........and you are a stallion you will know that in order to have a herd the lead stallion has the right to breed with whatever mare he chooses not JUST the lead mare, but when I met Bahia and Lightning they had only just become mates so I understand how Bahia feels..........she turned away from the spot she was looking at lightning from and walked on into the trees.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GhostHorse on Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:04 am

Skye entered on the far side of the small valley with Lightning on the other side she could see him well his coat stood out and she was sure hers did too. The sun soaked into her beautiful dapple grey coat, and her mane nearly touched the long grass and it flowed flluidly with her movements, her long forelock fell to either side of her eyes as she raised her head to get a better look at this handsome stallion. Her tail rested close to the ground but in the long grass it seemed to follow her playfully dancing with the thick grass. She gave a friendly whinny to the stallion, letting him know she was alone and meant him or whoever he was with no harm.
GhostHorse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top