Meadow Lark and Onyx find thier home

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Meadow Lark and Onyx find thier home

Post  ForeverYoung on Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:57 pm

Blitz sped past her, diving into the deepest part of the creek. He sure did love to swim. He looked back at Cedar with eager eyes. "Come swim!" He ignored her earlier comment about having parents.
ForeverYoung
Admin

View user profile http://gemstonemeadows.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:09 pm

Cedar forgetting that only last night she had been swept down streem by the fast current lept into the water wiht Blitz.
She splashed him and then swam down wiht the current a ways.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Another thing Blitz loved to do was race! Swimming race! He also swam downstream, catching up with her easily. "Whoa! Look at those rocks! Whoever dodges them first wins!" Blitz got ahead of Cedar, cleverly dodging the rocks. It wasn't easy, but he loved it. The current was getting faster and faster. Blitz thought they had better stop. He turned around and tried to swim upstream. The current was still pulling him down. Blitz was unfamiliar with this. He tried with all of his strength to get back, but nothing would happen. He noticed Cedar racing past him, sort of out of control. Blitz went straight after Cedar, hoping she was okay.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:23 pm

Cedar started to get a worried look on her face. "I can't swim in this...Oh no the river! the river." Her head got pulled under by the current, only to pop up again sputtering....
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:29 pm

Blitz had never experienced such a strong current. He was wondering why it was getting faster. Blitz may be cheeky, but he is not stupid. He knew what was at the end of the current. Blitz sped up to Cedar, getting underwater to prevent her from choking on the water. Blitz was used to being underwater many times, he couldn't care less. He got to the surface again. "Ok, we've got to get to the edge of the bank! Get on top of my back!" Blitz ducked underwater, to make it easier for her. He swam as hard as he could. His muscles were aching so badly. Especially with the extra weight on his back. He noticed that vines were dangling over them. Blitz had an idea. He leaped up from the water, grabbing onto the vine with his mouth. He started to sway. He was swaying enough to get a booster to the bank. He finally made it. He allowed Cedar on the earth first, Blitz slowly got up, puffing and sweating, the water trickling down his legs.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:33 pm

Cedar collapsed on the bank panting. "You..you saved me!" she said at last. "Are you ok?"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:42 pm

Blitz was speechless. He couldn't breathe. His chest was puffing in and out, a husky breathing noise came out of his nostrils. His eyes were drifting. He started to close them. He was so tired, his muscles ached.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:45 pm

Cedar got up and nuzzled Blitz. "Hey you ok?" her voice was becoemign scared..."Blitz?"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:46 pm

Blitz grunted, almost fully asleep.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:51 pm

"Blitz??" Cedar nosed him, then when he didn't respon she nosed him harder. "BLITZ!!" She shouted, she was so scared now she was shakeing...she didn't know what to do. "She looked upt and around. "Help!! Help me Help!!" She whinnied at the top of her lungs.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:54 pm

Blitz was getting sick of this yelling. "Quiet down!" He called. He was trying to get some rest, and he hears this screeching for no reason. "I'm trying to get to sleep. You'd better do the same."
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:56 pm

"Sleep?? " he wanted to sleep, here on the sandy bank of the river? She didn't know why but this didn't seem right."Blitz, I think we should move away from the river a ways."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:59 pm

"Don't worry..nothing..is.goin" Blitz fell asleep straight away. Even the flies on his nose would nor make him twitch. The only movement he was showing was the breath of his stomach.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:02 pm

Cedar was stil worried, he was so still and stillness scared her. She shook herself again, a shower of drops flying every where. she paced back and forth on the sandy bank worried and wondering what todo.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:07 pm

After a few hours, the muscles were aching no more. Blitz flashed his eyes open, noticing he had been out for so long. He got up and noticed that Cedar had been standing there the whole time.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:18 pm

Cedar looked terrably worried and sad. "Blitz? are you ok?" She came to him to help him to his feet. "Do you have a herd and a mother to go to? if not I'm sure Onyx and Lark, who Im srue are worried about me would let you stay."
She nuzzled him, "And Blitz? Thanks for saveing me."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:59 pm

Blitz looked at Cedar with gratitude. "No problem, I'll always be around to help you," Blitz got to his feet with the support of Cedar. "No, I have no herd to go to." Blitz spoke shortly and hurriedly as if he rushed to say it.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:02 pm

Cedar compleatly over looked that. "Come back with me! Onyx and Lark are very kind, they will take care of you and then we can be best friends!"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:04 pm

Blitz was amused by Cedar's enthusiasm. "Sure!" Blitz got his strength back and took off at a trot through the trees, presumably that was the way towards the 2 adult horses.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:10 pm

Onyx woke with startled by a high pitched Whinny. Lark!!!! He yelled, She had dozed in the morning sun just as he had. Cedar was no where to be seen. Cedards in trouble!!!! He Tore off into the brush narrowly avoiding low hanging branches. CEDAR!!! His loud voice boomed down the stream. CEDAR!!!!! He saw the tiny hoofprints not one set but two. Lark Cedar isnt alone there is another foal with her!!!! To his horror the small prints ended at the edge of the water. He splashed in up to his chest looking around wildly. How could they have let themselves fall asleep? Onyx charged down the stream sending waves of water cascading to his sides. He looked at lark with a very worried expression. Do you see them? do you smell them?
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:39 pm

Lark was looking past him, and down stream, there just in side woods were the too foals. One of them was Cedar!
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:24 am

Onyx Charged through the water onto the bank and rushed towards the two foals. When Onyx got to them, He Checked Cedar over and over. Are you ok? your not hurt are you? He then looked at the small black Colt, Who are you? He Looked the colt over for injury, other than the water dripping from his nose he seemed ok. Are you ok? He looked back at Lark, with the questioning look again, what do we do?

Where is your Family young colt?
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:01 am

Lark had not corssed the river, she stood waiting on the other side, her head up and ears forward.
"Onyx! This is Blitz, I found him today. We got caught in the river, and he saved me! Blitz saved me! Can he stay with us? he has no family."Cedar said in a rush with out stopping for breath.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:28 am

Yes Onyx sighed he can stay. I have no problem with him staying so long as you two promise that you will always tell us where you are going and make sure that you are not out of Mine or Larks sight. got that clear???? I will not have something like this happen again. Now we need to get you both to the other side. He gently grabbed Cedars stumpy mane and guided her across the stream so she wouldnt get washed away then went back doing the same for Blitz. there all safe now and no wandering off anymore got that?
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:37 am

Blitz looked at Onyx with a surprised expression. He was so big, and powerful. Blitz hoped he would look exactly like that one day. "Got it..." Blitz wanted to obey him, but he just loved being mischievous. He is a cheeky little colt, but strong, brave and loyal.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top