Meadow Lark and Onyx find thier home

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Meadow Lark and Onyx find thier home

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:59 am

Lark was starting to stress at how Onyx was fretting over what ever was hiding out there. She was worried about a rogue stallion stocking them...
she looked back at Onyx with a worried expression on her face.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:07 am

Its nothing Love, His expression softened when he saw the worry on her face. If it wanted to hurt us it would have already done that. I dont know for sure waht is out there but there is something. Dont let it worry you, I will handle whatever it or who is when they are ready to let themselves be known. He nuzzled her neck reasuringly. dont worry Im here and Ill not let anything happen to you.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:12 am

"Onyx, I know you would take care of me, but I still want to share in your worries. I want to kow what is bothering you so I know what to do my self. I will not wonder far from you till we know what this is."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:20 am

Oh Lark, he pressed his nose to hers, you are amazing.
and yes please stay close to me for now and well hopefully for always.
And as far as my worries....there is someone or something out there and they have not strayed far from us since we entered the valley, I can smell them sometimes, but right when i think i have them they are gone like a shadow. It just makes me nervous and Im sure its nothing to worry over I just want to do right by you as your mate. Your safety is my priority.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:24 am

She swished her tail and tried to look cross at him, the result was her only looking cute. "Now Onyx, your my mate as well, and I'll not have you stressng over someting on your own too."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:33 am

Onyx sighed, Lark was so beautiful. the cute face she made only made him love her more.
I will never keep anything from you, I am just worried about who is out there. I doubt they pose any real threat I have yet to com across a stallion that would want to fight me but thats cause im big. He gave her a goofy smile and nickered softly. lets explore some shal we?
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:46 am

Lark looked at the setting sun. "Onyx I think I shall graze for a bit then lay down for the night."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:04 am

Whatever you wish Love, If you feel safe, do you mind if I have a look around I wont be far if you need me call ill be here in a split second.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:52 am

Lark laughed, "I'll be fine, go on and have your look around." with a soft smile she went to grazing by the cool waters edge.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:46 pm

Onyx gave her a quick nuzzle and then set off. He was determined to find what or who was out there stalking them. He followed his nose on the light scent that remained of whoever was there, He picked up his pace as he saw movement a few hundred feet in front of him. Weaving his large body between the trees he entered a rather large clearing.THERE on the far side of it a small movement. He bounded across the clearing only to find it was a young whitetail buck. Frustrated that he was letting his mind play tricks on him he hadnt realized how far from Lark he had let himself get.........
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:54 pm

From her place of grazing Lark heard a noise. She snorted and llifted her head perking her ears forward to try and hear better. She moved futher down the river following the sound.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:28 pm

Onyx set off at a gallop, He cursed himself for straying so far.....
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:51 pm

The soft grassy nook that Lark had chosen to eat and sleep for the night was empty by the time her stallion got back. Her sent and tracks cold....
the only sine was that the depth of her tracks in the meadow were deep, meaning she had run tward the river.....
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:59 pm

Onyx felt dizzy. the only thing that assured him she hadnt been chased was that there was just her tracks and no one elses. He tore off after her tracks snifing the air for her scent. he let out a Shrill whinny.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:01 pm

Futher down, where the river got rough and rocky a replying whinnie answered him, It was faint but sounded ok.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:18 pm

Onyx ears pricked he heard her. A huge sigh of relief and then he was off again at a carful run the mud was slippery, His large hoofs sinking in slightly. He saw her. whinning again he ran up to her and checked her over. running his nose all over her body. Are you ok? im so sorry for leaving I hadnt realized i had gone so far. He was paying attention to nothing but Lark. He looked into her eyes. she could tell he was a bit freaked out.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:29 pm

Lark nuzzled Onyx, "I'm sorry I have caused you worrie. But I heard a sound and well I was need." Lark was dripping wet from ears to hooves. She nodded her head to a long legged fillly who was shakig her self dry. "She was caught in the current and couldn't get out, so I dove in to save her."
Lark said now turning to look at the red and white spotted filly.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:53 pm

Onyx, Leaned over to look around Lark. Sure enough, a soping wet filly stood behind her.

This was onyx first time seeing a foal she was very young by the looks of her size, Ummmm He whispered to Lark are we keeping it? where is her mother?
He bravely but slowly took a step toward the filly, and touched his nose to her ever so gently. He was tense he had to admit the tiny thing scared him surly he would break her.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:08 pm

The filly shook her self sending a spray of water all about. She shook her head trying to dislodge the water from her ears. Then she looked up at the large black stallion, at first she arched her neck in excitement then became a little scared, he was so big. She stuck her nose out and clacking her jaws together sniffed his nose.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:18 pm

Onyx jumped back, almost loosing his balance in the mud. He smiled at the fillys show of submission, He gently reached forward and touched her nose. He Felt a strong bond with her already. He began to lick her soaking body dry with the help of Lark. He did however shoot Lark a questioning look as to why a young filly like her was alone.
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:30 pm

Lark looked at Onyx, "I have only just pulled her from the water, I have not had a chance to ask her." Lark looked at the filly. "What is your name?
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:34 pm

The fill shook her self again, "My name is Ceder." She looked at them, "who are you? cuz I'm not suposted to talk to strangers, if you tell me your names then we can talk!"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:37 pm

Laughing softly, Im Onyx Cedar. He gently rubed his nose on Larks neck, and this is Lark, she saved you. Where are your parents little one?
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:39 pm

"Onyx Ceder!!! wow your seconded part of your name is just like my first name!!" Nice to meet you both!"

Lark was laughing now,she could not hold back.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:44 pm

Onyx sighed. He had walked into that one.... he didnt feel like he had the patience in the fading light to explain what he meant. Well Lark, what do we do? She will obviously have to stay with us for the night but we will have to try and find her parents in the morining
SweetieKatie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top