Strider home again

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Strider home again

Post  ShannaraFox on Sat May 16, 2009 11:47 pm

Lightning stood watch over Strider as his wounds closed, he never let the two mares get very close to him but his manner tward them did soften some.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves on Sat May 16, 2009 11:52 pm

Shimmer shifted her weight onto another leg, becoming restless, she nickered softly to Lightning. "Are you and Bahia still together? I think she is having a theory of leaving you. She ain't impressed by your absence. You have been gone to long, Lightning. I think she has forgotten."
MajesticHooves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun May 17, 2009 2:59 pm

Lightning looked up at Shimmer, "What do you mean I have been gone too long, I left only this morning!" He tossed his head about and pawed up the ground, "She has been the one to fail me as my mate and lead mare, she let me down, put me though the darkest nights and crushed my heart. She doesn't know what she wants and I don't think she wants me. Thoughts of leaving me? she should be so glad that I am a fine tempered stallion who would not force her to stay." He glanced down at Strider, "by true rights she is HIS mare, HIS mate for this fine stallion faught and won her in a fair fight, I was not good enoguh for her then. If she has so little faith in me as to only wait a single day then she must not love me."
Lightnings words were said hard but there was strong emotions rolling in his eyes.
He lowered his head soem what, "Thank you Shimmer for following me when all others left me, I would still count you as a member of the herd if you like, but as you can see before your eyes that the herd is falling apart perhaps you would rather venture out on your own now. In that case I relese you of the herd ties." His eyes were sad, and he glanced to Illusion and Flight and the black foal wiht them. He had seen them work togher, seen the courage and fire from the black mare, the kindness from the other mare and while he had been less then polight to them he longed to share in their company.
His gaze shifted back to shimmer, "These other two mares may will accept you to trafel with them if you choose to leave my broken herd."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:57 pm

Flight was taken aback by the white stallion's words, what depth he had and such a hole of hurt and longing in him. She had been at first confused by his actions at rushing to Striders aid...never had she seen such courage. She felt a longing to know more about him, maybe she and Illusion would be safe wiht him, from the bits she had caught it sounded like he was haveing trouble wiht his herd, loosing them. She cast her dark eyes over him, he was young, small for his age but he looked fit.
There were marks and scars on his body that showed he had a gread deal of courage. Perhaps this would be a wise direction for her and Illusion to go. She looked at Illusion,
"Illusion, I think you and I should talk, come wiht me over here a bit." She moved a small distance away from Where Lightning stood by the fallen Strider who now battled wiht a fever.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:54 am

Strider looked up at Lightning promisingly. He knew the worst part of the pain had past, therefore Strider was grateful. The pupils deacreased slowly in his eyes, as the night turned into early dawn. The sun began to peak over the mountain, the dew lightly resting on the horses' coats. Strider closed his eyes as the sun began to glint in his eyes. He felt the comfort and security of a horse sstanding over him. He was so happy that Lightning had found him. His dear friend. Thought to be gone. Strider had no strength to start asking Lightning questions. Serious questions. Strider's head was filled with thoughts. Where he was going to go next, if he would be let into any other herd in this state. He could not sense Flight nearby. He lifted his head slightly, looking behind him to see if she was there. He could not see her anywhere. Strider started to mumble his words, but clear enough for Lightning to hear. "Have the mares left?"
ForeverYoung
Admin

View user profile http://gemstonemeadows.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:05 am

"Strider!" Lightning was over joyed to see that though the cool of the night the fever had broken and his friend would live. Things looked much brighter in the new light of day.
"Don't worrie Strider, I'm here to look out for you." He watched closly his friend as he blinked away sleep from his eyes and looked about and then mumbled about the mares. "They are here, still very near. They never left you."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:08 am

Illusion looked at Flight with confusion. She watched as Flight started walking off and followed her. "What is it?" She asked Flight, looking for Comet who was standing not far away.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:12 am

"I'm very glad to hear that." Strider broke a smile in his lips. It had been a while before he had smiled. Strider peaked at his wounded hocks. A chill rushed through his body at the sight. The blood had dried around the edge of his hooves, leaving a stain of where it had trickled down. "I can't even remember how I got so badly wounded. Don't want to really." Strider was getting his optimistic sense back. He started to debate in his head whether it was wise to stand up and test his strength, or give himself more time to heal, even though the pain and drained out of his body.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:18 am

Flight nodded her head to Lightning who stood watch over Strider, "What do you tink of him Illusion?"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:19 am

Lighting pushed Strider down gently, "Rest you need a bit of rest yet."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:24 am

Strider grunted impatiently. "Look, I have to head of back to Golden Lake." Strider was so keen to get home. He was secretly home sick. He thought about finding another herd, and then thought about living alone. He quite liked the idea. He knew how dangerous it was to live by yourself, but Golden Lake is an un-touched environment by predators.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:28 am

Lightning let him rise, though his head dropped some in sadness...Strider chould not help him. What had he been thinking. While he was glad he had been there for his friend he was sad to see him so wounded when the Strider he remembered was wild and fearless and noble.
"I'm sure you know best Strider." Lightning said, hiding the sadness in his voice.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:37 pm

Strider knew that it wasn't the best thing to be heading back to Golden Lake alone. Especially when he was weak, no strength or protection. He glimpsed at Lightning, so thankful that he was found. His true friend. He looked happy in his new life. Strider stared at the 2 mares. For once, he wished he could read minds. They looked so vacant.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:46 pm

"Strider?" Lightning asked as he watched the big chestnut stallion test his tender legs by moving about. "Where will you go?"
Lightning knew he should return and see what was happening with the others...but he was scared, for he knew he was not a strong enough stallion for them and his heart was hurtting so badly.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:47 am

Strider looked at lightning. His eyes barely open. "Golden Lake is my aim. I have no intention of getting there all in one go. I'll kill myself." Strider knew that the chances of him surviving the journey home were slim. "I'll terll you one thing Lightning, last time I saw you, I thought I wasn't going to see you again. Amazing how fate puts things together." Strider pricked his ears, listening to the eary wind making it's way through the trees. He looked in the distance of his homeland and nickered softly. He edged his head towards that direction. "That is my destination." He smiled slightly as he said this.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:26 am

Lightning looked hopefull, "I have some stuff to take care of, I will probably catch up with you!" He sounded very eager and happy as he spun and dashed off.
that left Flight and Illusion to stand there, Flight heaved a bigh sigh and moved over to offer a bit of support to Strider.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top