Strider home again

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Strider home again

Post  ForeverYoung on Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:08 am

Strider sped into the area where he had left the two mares before. They're not here!!!! Strider's heart thumped more than it ever had before. He sped north, noticing that the hoof marks were left by the foal. So small.
ForeverYoung
Admin

View user profile http://gemstonemeadows.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:13 am

The mare's and the colt picked up speed searching for somewhere to sleep "Do you know where we are?" Illusion asked Flight.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:37 am

"Yes"Flight called back "There is higher grounds just ahead. It will give us a safe place to rest till morning. The air is clean and fresh, there is little you have to fear." She nickered back at Illusuion, reminded once again that her friend was not usted to being on her own and now with a foal at her side she owuld be twice as worried.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:43 am

Illusion looked at her foal I really hope he would learn how to protect himself she thought to herself. She smiled at him when he looked at her.
"Mommy, I am tired... when are we stopping? we have travelled for ages!" Comet said to Illusion.
She nuzzled the side of his neck "We will be stopping soon when we get to the safe place to sleep."
Comet moved closer to his mother for protection and whispered "Will you sing me to sleep again like last night?"
She smiled at him "If you want me to Comet"
"Thanks Momma" He said tiredly.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:54 am

Flight had been right, a nice hill rose out of the ground with a few sheltering trees on the top. There was tall grasses all around and from up here they could see if any danger presented it's self. "We'll stay here for the night." Flight said. She watched as Illusion ate some of the grass and then fussed over Comet as she got him ready to sleep. "Don't worrie Illusion, we'll find a nice herd and then you can feel safe again."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:26 pm

Illusion sung to Comet until he fell asleep. "Yea.... I hope we do. I thought we were safe with Strider but I guess not." Illusion looked at Comet sleeping all tucked up, he looked so cute. It bought a tear to her eye to remember the dream she had. Illusion closed her eyes to fight back all the tears.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:31 am

Flight could see clear as day that something was wrong with her friend. "Illusion? What troubles you so?"
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:02 pm

Illusion shook her head slowly side to side "It's nothing...." she wasn't sure if to tell Flight or not.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:35 am

Strider galloped until dark. He struggled to see the holes in the ground, he couldn't risk becoming lame. It would only slow him down. He knew he was getting close to the 3. He could see the hoof marks that were freshly made. Strider started to panic. He stopped for a moment, wondering if he should turn back or continue his search. No, he would keep going. He picked up a gallop, his feet being knocked about. They started to bleed heavily, Strider trying to ignore it.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:40 am

Flight looked at her friend, her eyes shone in the dark sky with worrie. She knew that illusion was not telling her everything. Flight looked back to the forrest, Oh well, she knew that in time when she was ready Illusion would tell her was was bothering her.
Flight took a deep breath and pushed more and more of her feelings deep in side wehre they would and could no longer hurt her. It was a peacfull place to be, that dark lonely area in once heart and mind where try as others may there was no way to indrude. Here she had her past, her memories and her love. It was safe now...locked away till her dieing day.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:53 am

Strider slowed to a steady canter. He wasn't going to give up after he had come so far. He saw 3 specks ahead. That couldn't possibly be them... Strider was at the end of hope. He didn't think he would ever see them again. He let out a loud whinny, hoping they would at least reply, even if they knew it was him. It was quite clear he was in large amounts of pain, sweat dripping from his muzzle, the cuts on his hooves throbbing. Strider pulled to a stop, he had pushed himself too hard.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:01 am

From her vantage point Flight could hear the whinnie, she didn't have to look to know who it was. Anger flashed though her body like cold water. So the vain proud stallion cared after all? She shook her head....it didn't matter to her. She moved over a ways and answered in a whinnie. It was not a threat but it was not exactly a warm welcome either.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:07 am

Strider struggled further, hoping that they would not carry on walking. He knew the foal loved him dearly. He let out a soft whinny to the foal, knowing that he would come. Strider was afraid that the foal would be startled about the way that Strider looked. He hoped that Flight would come as well. He didn't want to speak loudly, mostly because he couldn't think about anything else but the pain. "Flight... I'm sorry." That was all Strider could say before he would shriek in pain.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:14 am

Flight waited, she had given way their position and even in the dark she knew that he should be able to find them....she oculd smell him on the wind as it lifted up into her face. What was taking him so long....
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:22 am

Strider let down his head, he tried to think of other things than the pain. He couldn't take it any longer. He let out a rumble, starting to slip back on his hind legs. He struggled to keep his feet, he collapsed onto his hind haunches, trying effortlessly to get back on his feet like the stallion he was brought up to be.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:35 am

Flight could smell him out there in the darkness....she stomped her hoof in anger. She wasn't about to go to him, Comet was alseep and Illusion looked like she would fall alsleep if the whinining would stop. She stood firm, she didn't know what he wanted but she was not going to go to him.
If he wanted to talk to them he had to come to them.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:13 pm

"Can't he shut up already" Illusion muttered.... "I am tired and I want to sleep." She looked at Comet with caring eyes. She had to tell Flight some day about her dream she had before it was to late.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:33 am

Strider tried ever so hardly to get back on his feet. He finally succeeded, but he wasn't pleased. He would have preferred to just drop and have a comforting sleep. He took a few steps towards the mares before the gushing pain came back to his feet. He stopped for a few seconds, giving them a small rest. It took him a while to get to the mares, but he was determined. He ended up close to Flight. "I'm sorry for the way I acted, I was shocked. I didn't mean for you or anyone else to get hurt." Strider spoke with his head low, ashamed of his earlier actions.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:54 am

Illusion saw Strider. She looked at him disgraced. She sneered and looked away from him when he looked at her. She would not forgive what he had done. She thought he loved Flight but guessed she was wrong when he ascted like that. She walked over to Comet who was opening his eyes "Don't go to him" she whispered to Comet.
Comet looked up to see Strider standing there. He looked at Illusion and she shokk her head slightly. He got up and walked to Illusion's side.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:00 am

Strider lowered his head at the foals level. He wished he could rewind time, all the way back to when he first met the mares. He could change so many things. Strider made his way crookedly up to Illusion, opening his mouth slowly, preparing to talk. "I did not mean to let you down. I'm sorry." Strider wished he could say stronger words, but those were the strongest invented. He knew that the mares would never forgive him for his actions. He just wanted to let them know that he truly was sorry.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:04 am

She stared at him with burning eyes "I thought you would protect us... I guess I was wrong." Illusion told him sternly, her voice was cold. Comet looked up at Illusion not taking his eye's off her. He pecked from the corner of his eye once at Strider then stepped closer to his mom. Illusion looked at Comet lovingly. Her expression changed to coldness as soon as she looked back at Strider.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:16 am

Strider found Illusion's cold stares frightening. He didn't return the stare, they didn't deserve that. "I was protecting you. Just because I acted up once, it doesn't mean that I still won't protect you. Again, I apologize for being so immature. If you give me another chance, I swear, it will never happen again." Strider looked softly at the foal, watching it blinking it's eyes every few seconds. He looked back at Illusion, hoping her response would not be too scolding.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:19 am

Illusion looked at Flight out of the corner of her eyes then looked back to Strider "That will be up to Flight." She said coldly the turned her back to face Comet. Comet looked at her "Mommy why are we being so mean?" he asked her quietly. She looked at him "Because he left us to survive on our own." she told Comet in a whisper. She nuzzled Comet's neck.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:31 am

Strider was on his way towards Flight when he heard Illusion's explanation of what happened towards the growing foal. "You think that's what I did? No, no." Strider forgot about the pain throbbing in his feet, he could not believe that's what she thought. "I had a moment of gushing anger, I left for a few minutes. I came back and you two were gone. How can you think I was leaving you forever?" Strider stamped his feet. Of course, the pain came back.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:37 am

Illusion got angry that he overheard "Yes that is what it looked like to me. We left because we thought you were gone." She stared down at him the anger showing in her eyes. Comet saw the anger in his mums eyes. He stood between Illusion and Strider. Comet was nearly 2 so he was tall enough to stand between them. "Mom stop! Don't do it!" He pushed on her chest with his trying to move her. He tugged at her mane.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top