Strider home again

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Strider home again

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:21 pm

Flight took a deep breath....she didn't know how much she should be telling him. wondering if she would have felt better talking to Illusion first. Oh well she could tell him part then talk to Illusion and see what her thoughts were.
she looked at Strider. "I was in love. Before comeing here. He was my mate, a bright bay. He and I were very happy, but then one day men came to our valley. I stumbled and was caught. One of the mens stallions took a fancy to me...I would have none of it for my heart was else where. My stallion, he came for me that night, but the mens stallion would not let me leave and I could not escape for I was tied. They faught, the men they heard the noise and came running. Their stallion was getting the worset of it, Flame was beating him. Then a crack like thunder sounded and he fell, I remember smelling blood. He was hurt, and badly but would have lived if that other stalllion had not ...had not......"Flight could not go on. She closed her eyes to push back the tears.
"I at that time was able to break my bonds, but I was too late. he was gone. I fled then, as I knew he would want me too, but I could not stand it. I followed the men to their home, I watched them turn this stallion out." She looked to Strider, her head raising up and her eyes going cold. "I am not so sweet as I seem. My father was hard on me and I learned to fight better then most stallions. Their stallion was no match for my anger and hurt and I left him dead."
That much of her past was now out. She looked at Strider fully expecting him to tell her to leave his lands now.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:29 pm

Strider had to admit. He was taken aback. That was a completely new side to her. "Well, now that I know." He smiled as he said this. "I would never kick you off these lands. You know why? Because I've developed feelings for you. I don't care about your past, I only care about the future. There is no use being ashamed of it, there is no point. You cannot change it." Strider looked into her glossy eyes, he knew she was still shaken.
ForeverYoung
Admin

View user profile http://gemstonemeadows.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:36 pm

Flight's stance had been defensive and hard. She was waiting for anger and hate.....she was not suprised by his shock. but his acceptance and then to admit he had feelings for her.....well Flight had never been good with emotion. "I have feelings for you too Strider,,....and they scare me for I hurt so badly loosing Flame. I do not think I could stand to loose again. " Her proud head droped down, "That I am not strong enough for."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:48 pm

"Haha, you saw how I played with those humans before? Right? And you saw how I defeated a few stallions?" Strider almost laughed as he said this. "Look, I'm not saying horses don't die, all horses do at some time. You've just got to learn to be strong. That's nature I'm afraid." Strider was so happy she had feelings for him, but he was very understanding of how hurt she was and could be again.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:04 pm

Flight shook her head. "I'm sorry, I'm a coward when it comes to thinking of feeling that pain again. My heart and sole are made of tougher stuff then that. I'm a fighter to my very core." She looked at him, still amazed he had feelings for her.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:21 pm

Strider looked at her sternly, not meanly, sternly. "Come on, the last thing you are is a coward. You just need a bit of meat on those bones." Strider was trying to get her to look at the bright side. He was so happy she had the same feelings her him.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:27 pm

Flight laughed. "Like your mares fat do ya?" her eyes were bright.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:29 pm

"Figure of speech. Here's another one. You need a bit of backbone." Strider was so glad her eyes had brightened up.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:35 pm

"Backboen!!?? Flight looked at him full of humor, she spun and kicked at him with her hind leggs twice. Nothing to hurt him but enough to make him jump. "Hows that for back bone?" she laughed.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:44 pm

"Alright Alright! I didn't mean physically! I meant emotionally" Strider couldn't help laughing. She looked so serious. Strider reared up, showing her -his- back bone.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:46 pm

She backed away, tossing her neck, her long sily black main flying about her, her ears were half pinned but she looked like she was haveing fun, pretending to give this mighty stallion ground as though scared of him.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:50 pm

Strider knew she was pretending, but he laughed at that. He came down with a thud, he dashed straight for the creek, doing a tumble roll in the water.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:54 pm

Flight laughed at him. He could be so stern and stiff and then turn into a fun loveing colt the next. She reard, tossing her head and pawed t he air. She was contented to play here on higher ground and rolling in teh creek was not what she wanted to do but watching Strider play was fun.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:57 pm

Strider noticed Flight rearing up proudly. He got up and did the same. His legs dripping from the pristine water he was playing in. The water was up to his wait. The surface was just before his shoulders. He arched his neck and started to rear more proudly than ever.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:59 pm

Flight seeing the stallion playing with her twitched her ear, a playfull gleem lighting up her eyes as she turned and with her tail flagged to the wind took off at a fast gallop. Whinning happily. her powerful legs dug into the soft ground, her strides getting longer and longer till she felt she was nearly flying.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:04 pm

Strider went after her. Up the hill. It was a long hill, but it was worth it. The hill opened up to the most open plain you could ever set eyes on. Strider loved this. He loved racing on it. He saw Flight in the distance. She was clearly enjoying herself. Strider jerked to a halt to graze, the grass was so juicy. He began to graze more and more.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:10 pm

Flight slowed and looked back. She was disapointed that Strider had given up playing in favor of eating. It didn't matter to her, she put on more speed and started around the meadow. She caught sight of the tree and pod where Illusion and her colt were. Slowing to a beautiufl gracefull canter she came back to them. She tossed her head and made a small rear, she was still feeling her energy. She looked down at Illusion and Comet.
She had a secret to tell Illusion.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:14 pm

Strider noticed that Flight was out of sight. He immediately picked up a gallop, thinking of where she could have gone. He headed down to where he had left the colt. There she was. They looked as if they were whispering. He didn't want to pry, so he took the long way round.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:51 am

Illusion and Comet were eating when they heard Flight. Illusion looked up to see Flight rear. Comet got scared and backed behind Illusion for protection. "Comet, It's ok she won't hurt you she is playing." Illusion told him.
When Comet heard this he ran up to Flight as she landed and tugged at her mane gently in a playing matter.
Illusion was happy for her foal. He was fitting in quite well with Strider and Flight.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:11 pm

Flight walked down to Illusion and little comet. She nuzzled the little colt and then looked up at Illusion. "I have something to tell you, some thing about my past I want to share."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:43 am

Illusion nickered for Comet to come back next to her. "Ok... tell me then." She smiled wondering what she was about to hear.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:01 pm

Flight lowerd her voice and then repeated about Flame her stallion who had been killed to Illusion. the lowering her voice futher she said "I left one thing out when I told Strider......" She looked around and seemed quite scared to speak."I...we...well I guess what I'm trying to say is that next spring I will also have a foal." That out Flight went into a rush of words. "That is why I wanted to leave, that is what I couldn't tell Strider...and I think it is why I still must leave." She looked at Illusion waiting for judgement.
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:46 pm

All different emotions were running through Illusion and Flight told her everything. When Flight told her about the foal Illusion was shocked at first then.... "That's great Flight! I hope you would have told me that earlier. Now that you have seen how Strider acted with my foal can't you stay? I mean.... he didn't really care." Illusion hoped that Flight would stay.
LoveWildHorses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:51 am

Strider was getting tired of wondering around. He decided to go and see if they were finished. They had to be by now. They came within his sight range, they were obviously still talking so he waited until the conversation was over. Unfortunately for them, he was able to hear.
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox on Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:04 am

Flight shook her head, "I guess things will sort them selves out sooner or later. I have not made up my mind if I"ll stay or not, I want fhe safty of a herd once my time is close at hand, so that my foal will have the chance to grow strong and safe. And then I'll probably leave."
She pawed up the ground, "I am still so angry at those men for takeing Flame from me, I can't find forgiveness in my heart nor do I find peace any where."
ShannaraFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top